General, All Genres Soul / R&b

Guest keithh

I am a real all around Soul and R&B fan, although still a fan of many Northern sides. However I feel this is not the place to ask questions or start discussions about many artists and recordings, eg many of James Browns sides. Would it be possible to have a separate Forum heading for general Soul matters, and for those Soul fans who are not strictly Northern oriented.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don't understand, what is the motivation for splitting off the forum? Like what would happen if you didn't split it off? Who draws the line as to what type of music belongs in one forum versus another? If someone posts about James Brown here and nobody has an answer, they just won't get a response. You're not going to get made fun of for asking the question. If the same people read both forums, you aren't going to be missing answers. Or are you saying that you don't like James Brown and you don't want to see questions about him?

Also, if you specifically are into southern soul, isn't there a southern soul email list? Thanks.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I am a real all around Soul and R&B fan, although still a fan of many Northern sides. However I feel this is not the place to ask questions or start discussions about many artists and recordings, eg many of James Browns sides. Would it be possible to have a separate Forum heading for general Soul matters, and for those Soul fans who are not strictly Northern oriented.

Even though this is (mainly) a northern soul site I wouldn't be surprised if there are people on here who can answer questions about most soul and R&B music. There are plenty of deep soul, funk, jazz-funk and modern soul enthusiasts on here.

This section is 'All About The Soul' after all. :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Even though this is (mainly) a northern soul site I wouldn't be surprised if there are people on here who can answer questions about most soul and R&B music. There are plenty of deep soul, funk, jazz-funk and modern soul enthusiasts on here.

This section is 'All About The Soul' after all. :thumbsup:

Nail, head hit Matt.

This site is called Soul Source, not Northern Soul Source & covers all things Soulful.

Social source share

what I enjoy about soulsource is the large community of collectors from all around the globe coming to one place to discuss soul.

im all over the place when it comes to soul..northern,sweet,funk,deep,modern..if my ears like it then I got to have it..

I know this was just an example but in j.b's defense,he did inspire so many artist and correct me if im wrong,they did call him the godfather of soul right

Social source share

Guest brummiemick

As a relative newcomer, at first I was a little uncertain about whether Soul Source was a Northern Soul site which just tolerated other soul sub genres, but it quickly became clear that the view of most is that great Soul is great Soul. Whilst the emphasis is clearly on rare music, I wouldn't have a problem raising any soul subject in the All About Soul forum.

For me this is best illustrated by the respect for and discussion about the artistes, many of whom at end of the day recorded music ranging from Doo Wop, Deep, & Northern to Modern & Funk.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert