Herbert Hunter- Vinyl/styrene ?

Guest brickiesondecks

Guest brickiesondecks

Hi,, I just want to clear something up. I sold a copy of Herbert Hunter- I was born to love you, which I believed to be 100% original. It is stamped and has the molded on labels (not the stuck on labels associated with styrene). The buyer has since contacted me telling me that it is a styrene reissue ( with no reason other than having someone check it for him), I am still convinced its original and have checked the Manship guides and popsike.

Does anyone out there know something that I dont ??

Thanks

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest allnightandy

Hi,, I just want to clear something up. I sold a copy of Herbert Hunter- I was born to love you, which I believed to be 100% original. It is stamped and has the molded on labels (not the stuck on labels associated with styrene). The buyer has since contacted me telling me that it is a styrene reissue ( with no reason other than having someone check it for him), I am still convinced its original and have checked the Manship guides and popsike.

Thanks

can't comment on vinyl or styrene but if it was stamped then it must be , never heard of a stamped repress

but if he returns it make sure it's the one you sent him , before giving a refund

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest brickiesondecks

absolutely,, I know how it looks like the back of my hand. Im always very thorough and would never advertise anything under false pretences, this one has irked me

Social source share

Guest brickiesondecks

Does he know the difference between vinyl and styrene?

If it's got the nashville matrix stamp, vinyl, it's original.

If it's styrene, it's a pressing, it'll have a delta number.

There's a second, vinyl pressing, but it's got Bill Pursell on the b side.

this one has 'Push away from the table' on b-side

Social source share

Guest brickiesondecks

Hang on. If he's saying it's styrene, and you;re saying it's vinyl. Have you got a photo of your copy? because he may be planning a switch.

thats possible Pete, I do have a photo at home and the copy I sent is recognisable because the label is about 2mm off centre.

Social source share

Guest brickiesondecks

Thanks

Ask him to check the run out for the Nashville matrix stamp if it's there it's right :yes: if not maybe whoever checked it did the swop :wicked: or as Pete says maybe he is planning to do the switch :( I have never known a matrix stamp fall off in the post yet!!! :lol:

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!