Worst Picture Cover Ever

Pete S

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

He didn't even need to use the stick - Marsha would've happily shown him her ass I'm sure. Does anyone remember her incredible performance of "Oh No Not The Beast Day" on Top Of The Pops when her boobs were falling out......?

Ian D :D

No way would they let that on TOTP, that must be from the German show Beat Club or one of it's spin-offs?

Social source share

That clip is TOTP from 1969 mate. I saw it when I was at school. It was quite a talking point the next day. Here's another clip of it.....

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd858d_marsha-hunt-at-top-of-the-pop-1969_music

I'm amazed, I"m also amazed that I don't remember it! It was released in the 70's though Ian, not the 60's, she was going out with Mick Jagger when that came out, I'm sure...72 or 73

Social source share

Does anyone remember her incredible performance of "Oh No Not The Beast Day" on Top Of The Pops when her boobs were falling out......?

I regularly used to play that track (Oh No Not the Beast Day) out three or four years ago. There was a girl that used to request "that Not The Beef Steak" song...

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

I'm amazed, I"m also amazed that I don't remember it! It was released in the 70's though Ian, not the 60's, she was going out with Mick Jagger when that came out, I'm sure...72 or 73

Yep, you're right. I took the '69 date from the clip but that's wrong by the looks of it. It was more likely in the early 70's. It was pretty outrageous for British TV at the time. It wasn't often that the underside of a pair of breasts got beamed into the living room @ 7.30pm in those days. Mary Whitehouse is probably turning in her grave LOL....

Social source share

That clip and track is walk on gilded splinters, not oh no not the beast day, unless i am mistaken. not seen that clip befor tho, sure i would of remembered!!!

Rob.

Gilded Splinters would put it at 69/70 then, but I'm still not convinced the BB would have let that through, and it looks like Beat Club

Social source share

Gilded Splinters would put it at 69/70 then, but I'm still not convinced the BB would have let that through, and it looks like Beat Club

=============================================================================================

My 'Guinness Book of Hit Singles' :huh: says this was in the UK charts for two weeks from 21 May 1969 - highest position was No 46.

Simon

Social source share

Yep. My mistake. 'Twas "Walk On Guilded Splinters" on TOTP in 1969. I knew I was at school at the time so now it makes sense:-

https://cosmic-dancer1970s.piczo.com/?g=53755533&cr=6

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!