• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Dan

Havent got my Manship guide with me today, but if memory serves the boots are near as damn it repros.

Was it something to do with stock number stamped on the originals and scratched on the boots?? I have seen an original and i couldnt tell the difference.

I got caught with this and offloaded it straight away. Told guy it was a boot and sold it for a tenth of what I paid 14 days earlier. I was on a roll for a while as I also got caught for a Sam Fletcher and Bobby Smith off the same dealer. Needless to say I didnt give him a third chance.

Glad to see he has nowt to do with the scene nowadays, though I have heard people speak in praise of him recently. I bit my tongue. If he was still at it, I would have spilled all.

Social source share

Thanks Mike.

I'm fairly sure mine is a boot - it's a bland, yellow label with no stamps/matrix numbers at all. I got it years ago for next to nothing. Main reason for asking is |I'm going to give it to a mate whose favourite track it is but wanted to know what I was giving him.

cheers

Dan

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Mine was a sandy colour, but so was the original i saw.

Read your post on RSF. I didnt know there were demo's or that they had been booted too.

Its a blinkin minefield out there.

Social source share

I've been told that the lined yellow issues are all bootlegs. I caught sight of a white demo which was lined some 20 years ago, but can't recall if it was real or a boot; it was being sold as WORN for £1!

My old copy was a defininte original, as it had the "Distributed by Atlantic Record Sales" bit under Four Brothers. I think the copy pictured in the Northern Soul Top 500 book is actually a boot! Certainly looks like the label design which I saw in so many re-issue boxes over the years - there was more than just one label design for the bootlegs.

Gene

Social source share

The matrix in the run out groove on the original should be 4-bros-10467-11. It also has AT scratched in where the boots don't. The "lined" ones are West Coast with delta number 62652 on Styrene.

Booted on yellow, white, whiote promo, yellow and lined none have correct matrix and all are on vinyl.

Thanks to JM boot guide for guidance ;-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!