Two Things I Never Knew About Tony Hester

Sheldonsoul

For a start off after 30 odd years of being a soul lover I didnt know watch yourself came out on giant ????. Then minutes later after looking on Popsike I came across a scan, a copy of space land/i,ll be your winner on magic city, obviously it's a boot because I know they were never released,but didn't know this record existed, any info on this?. Try to upload the scan on this feckin iPad thing but it won't let me do it, can anyone upload it

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

For a start off after 30 odd years of being a soul lover I didnt know watch yourself came out on giant ????. Then minutes later after looking on Popsike I came across a scan, a copy of space land/i,ll be your winner on magic city, obviously it's a boot because I know they were never released,but didn't know this record existed, any info on this?. Try to upload the scan on this feckin iPad thing but it won't let me do it, can anyone upload it

I started a thread about the magic city release a while ago after the record went through ebay.

Just do a quick search.

Tony Hestor on Giant is fairly well known to be honest, but hard to locate these days.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

was "watch yourself" booted at one time because i remember getting a copy in amongst a load of boots, label looked wrong somehow so i presumed it was a boot, sold it cheap because it looked wrong, and i did not like it at the time, sure i got it with a wd of spellbound on golden world which i also thougt was a boot, :g:

Social source share

Watch Yourself was booted. Met with Tony and Popcorn many years ago, they were both somewhat annoyed at the boot business but seemed to accept that it was going on. Shame really but at least Richard (Popcorn) got something out of the scene from John Anderson, Neil Rushton etc. Steve

Social source share

all the karate copies of tony hestor ive seen have the stamp in the runout...never seen a boot..perhap he got confused with mikki farrow.. incidentally i seen more tony hestors on giant in the last six months than i seen in me life..at least half a dozen gone thru ebay in varying conditions

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Just to add a few sentences, I haven't heard Tony Hester's name in a while. What a wonderful, talented and gifted writer. We all started out about that time and Tony could whip up a song in seconds. His death threw me for a loop because he was so mild mannered and never 'hung out.' I'm so glad he recorded so that we can still hear that melodic voice.

Lorraine

• Helpful 2
Social source share

all the karate copies of tony hestor ive seen have the stamp in the runout...never seen a boot..perhap he got confused with mikki farrow.. incidentally i seen more tony hestors on giant in the last six months than i seen in me life..at least half a dozen gone thru ebay in varying conditions

plus lorraine chandlers 45s ..looks like someone foudn a small box. nice as it gives me a chance to upgrade.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert