The Volcanos - Youre Number 1

Dave Pinch

thats my copy in the you tube clip and also the one from popsike. in all honesty its the only stock ive seen in say 15 years and seen maybe a handful of demos.. i know its not worth a kings ransome but rarity wise unless anyboby knows different. the flip previously came out on the oterside of help wanted ( arctic 111)

Social source share

I have the DEMO, not seen many Issues. I believe that the other side "MAKE YOUR MOVE" is sought after by Garage collectors.

Arctic_128a_DJ.gifArctic_128b_DJ.gif

PopSike.com

120250123060.jpg

:hatsoff2: Hi All....This great Philadelphia Label, has many surprises, for those who try and complete the run, And to confuse the issue most of the label was repressed, In the back pages of Soul Source, there has been many similar entries as this, to my knowledge very few records on the label are Bootlegs such as the brilliant Mike & Ike "Sax on the TRAX"? also you cant always rely on just collecting the original Demo, as some Demos have blank sides on them missing out the rare track altogether, and then there's the old scenario of plenty copies of certain records and very few of others?,

The top artist on ARTIC was Barbara Mason, of late many people who by passed her records, have come to appreciate her great voice,

The Volcanoes were an outstanding group, and they seemed to have a knack of anticipating the UK rare soul scene 2 years before it really kicked of, they must of realised this as when just a few years on and a change of name, they recorded some of the worlds best loved DISCO records many of which are still more classy than the obscure finds that are played,

NUMBER 1 as above is the original and I would put a Value of £10 - £15 remember the UK Soul scene is based on DEMAND? so it becomes hard to put the into the value, also the demand for the groups LAWS of LOVE & HELP WANTED, have put this in 3rd place?

:shhh: DAVE 69

Social source share

I'll take 50 copies at £15, please. :)

No one who knows how to properly sell records should have any problems getting £100 or more for either the demo or issue of "Your Number 1" on original Arctic. The issue is very rare, I've only ever had one copy of that one but sold it when I got myself a demo.

"Make Your Move" is not in-demand with garage collectors (I don't know where the origin of that info comes from, but it's been quoted for ages) plus it was issued as the flipside on three different Volcanos 45s (this was its third appearance) so wouldn't be the reason that drives up the price.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All....This great Philadelphia Label, has many surprises, for those who try and complete the run, And to confuse the issue most of the label was repressed, In the back pages of Soul Source, there has been many similar entries as this, to my knowledge very few records on the label are Bootlegs such as the brilliant Mike & Ike "Sax on the TRAX"? also you cant always rely on just collecting the original Demo, as some Demos have blank sides on them missing out the rare track altogether, and then there's the old scenario of plenty copies of certain records and very few of others?,

The top artist on ARTIC was Barbara Mason, of late many people who by passed her records, have come to appreciate her great voice,

The Volcanoes were an outstanding group, and they seemed to have a knack of anticipating the UK rare soul scene 2 years before it really kicked of, they must of realised this as when just a few years on and a change of name, they recorded some of the worlds best loved DISCO records many of which are still more classy than the obscure finds that are played,

NUMBER 1 as above is the original and I would put a Value of £10 - £15 remember the UK Soul scene is based on DEMAND? so it becomes hard to put the into the value, also the demand for the groups LAWS of LOVE & HELP WANTED, have put this in 3rd place?

:shhh: DAVE 69

Agree about Barbara Mason." Don't ever want to lose your love" is brilliant IMOP.

Social source share

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 04/07/2017 at 21:37, coalvillefletch said:

I wonder what the current value of an original issue of your number 1 is now? I bought one last year for a very reasonable rate and never really gave it much of a thought other than I liked the record!!! 

Cheers. 

i sold mine for 150 i think

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!