Bob Meyer - I Only Get That Feeling - Going Rate?

Windlesoul

Think Anglo American are deeply regretting the price cock-up on this a few days ago, think I was about one of a zillion people who tried to snaffle it!

I'm maybe one of the few who is not actually keen on the Chuck J version but prefer Bob's for its balls (and nowt to do with it just being rarer before you start), even if it does admittedly lose a bit of steam later on. Anyways, what's the consensus on the 'real' going rate on this ? Popsike is all over the place.

And of course if anyones got one to part with it'd be a welcome addition to my Carolina corner.....

Edited by mark w.
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Think Anglo American are deeply regretting the price cock-up on this a few days ago, think I was about one of a zillion people who tried to snaffle it!

I'm maybe one of the few who is not actually keen on the Chuck J version but prefer Bob's for its balls (and nowt to do with it just being rarer before you start), even if it does admittedly lose a bit of steam later on. Anyways, what's the consensus on the 'real' going rate on this ? Popsike is all over the place.

And of course if anyones got one to part with it'd be a welcome addition to my Carolina corner.....

Maybe Tim priced it on musical merit...........in which case, it was overpriced @ £30........ :yes:

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

can someone give us the story please ?

Thank's andy

Don't know the record but if it's Big Dee Irwin you refer to , with the exception of a couple of copies sold 5 years ago

the price seems correct with popsyke

in Tim Browns price guide it is classed as low value (under£15)

personally i know nothing of the more modern scene today

so if this is not the record you are refering to please ignore my post !

i do own a copy by Chuck Jackson though , which also came from a SoulBowl soul pack many years ago !

thanks andy

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

low end on popsike is not a million miles over what he sold it for.

There have been some much better deals from Tim in the last 18 months than that one.

e.g jades on poncello, ray frazer on chess, betty wright

Edited by dylan
Social source share

one at adam leavers auction at mo with the highest bid of 300£ if i'm right. pretty rare record and a great version imo....

i was at jason perlmutters house 2 weeks ago and he had a copy, you should try him if you're interested.

best

Social source share

I like it because it's so different and what a convincing blue-eyed soul vocal.

It's a great song anyway so all versions work well - they're all quite different.

Oddly enough, my favourite "version" is the Bunny Sigler adaptation 'Don't Stop Doing What You're Doing', probaby because I bought it when I was a kid and played it over and over again.

Paul

Social source share

can someone give us the story please ?

Thank's andy

Don't know the record but if it's Big Dee Irwin you refer to , with the exception of a couple of copies sold 5 years ago

the price seems correct with popsyke

in Tim Browns price guide it is classed as low value (under£15)

personally i know nothing of the more modern scene today

so if this is not the record you are refering to please ignore my post !

i do own a copy by Chuck Jackson though , which also came from a SoulBowl soul pack many years ago !

thanks andy

Big Dee Irwin sang "I Only Get THIS Feeling"-released on Imperial. I also have it by him on a Redd Coach white DJ. I'd guess that the latter was the original label and Wally Roker and Jesse Herring (or whoever owned it) leased it to Imperial.

deeerwinreddcoach.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

chuck jackson also sings the dee ervin song. oh sorry, i see that's mentioned in the first post.

I like Tim Brown's lists a lot because there is some stuff that's underpriced -- maybe because he's out of the loop -- but it seems he doesn't care and isn't trying to gouge every last penny out of every record. Although on his last list I emailed him like seconds after I got the list about a couple of items and he told me they were gone. I have gotten other cool stuff for cheap though.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Big Dee Irwin sang "I Only Get THIS Feeling"-released on Imperial. I also have it by him on a Redd Coach white DJ. I'd guess that the latter was the original label and Wally Roker and Jesse Herring (or whoever owned it) leased it to Imperial.

deeerwinreddcoach.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It appears that it might be Bob Meyers version that this thread is about ?

Social source share

Who got the copy, I've seen this happen in the Anglo American lists before... Could just be a great PR trick, did they actually make a cock up? possibly, possibly not...Great track, in the box :thumbsup:

I think PR as well keeps people checking all the lists. Tim isn't stupid and has been around records a long time.

Social source share

He who laughs last eh Ted :)

We all know it's swings and roundabouts though ..... Pick up one for peanuts ,pay through the nose for others :(

I watched something on eBay a few weeks back that I admittedly didn't know .... It went for over a grand .. Whilst googling for info ,it came up on soulsource sales page for £60 .. Guess who's list it was on ???

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!