Guest soul stormers

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Been bugging me for ages this one...

When the heck did it first get played out? Sound like it ought to have been a Wheel sound but something tells me it was mid Wigan?

Please help!

I remember it from Wigan days. But coudnt tell you if it was played earlier anywhere else.Heres one for you lot out there. I sold a Black Kapp Issue outside Morecambe Carlton Nighter for £35 back in the eighties. What sort of price would we be talking of now for a Issue ?

Steve

Social source share

I remember it from Wigan days. But coudnt tell you if it was played earlier anywhere else.Heres one for you lot out there. I sold a Black Kapp Issue outside Morecambe Carlton Nighter for £35 back in the eighties. What sort of price would we be talking of now for a Issue ?

Steve

I've just put a demo up in the sales for £300, no takers though. :angry:

Social source share

Steve

Heyup Steve, you dont see that many issues about, to be honest i've only seen one. Can you remember who yours went to?

regards...pottsy

Social source share

Heyup Steve, you dont see that many issues about, to be honest i've only seen one. Can you remember who yours went to?

regards...pottsy

Seen maybe 3/4 issues MAX. Much rarer than the demo imo. Last one I saw was Mike Kemp's (Barnoldswick). Be very suprised if he's not still got it. He doesn't sell records (Good Man! LOL!)

Demo - 150/200 I reckon.

Regards,

Dave

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Been bugging me for ages this one...

When the heck did it first get played out? Sound like it ought to have been a Wheel sound but something tells me it was mid Wigan?

Please help!

I'm sure it was post Torch, pre Wigan but I can't be absolutely sure. I'm sure I remember it on a list around that time. Who was it that used to send lists out from Selby, Yorks in around 73? Was it Museum Of Soul, or something similar?

Paul

Social source share

I'm sure it was post Torch, pre Wigan but I can't be absolutely sure. I'm sure I remember it on a list around that time. Who was it that used to send lists out from Selby, Yorks in around 73? Was it Museum Of Soul, or something similar?

Think that was John Starkey from Selby, first person I knew who went buying to the US around 72/73

Nice Guy not seen him in many years he used to sell recods from an old pertol station hut in Selby in Sat.

Musrum Hall was on Fridays with Alan Day & Swish, then started again a while later with Arthur & Dipper

Good nights, big crowd from York were always there.

Cheers Ian (anybody knows of what happend to John let me know)

Social source share

regards...pottsy

Morning Mate. Honestly cant remember who had it off me that morning. But also sold Jay Trayner £20, John Bowie about the same and a Sue Lynne for about £17 :D Wish i still had em all. Managed to get another Sue Lynne ( Birthday Pressie )

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!