Obscure - unusual Foreign Releases

Tubbs

• Replies 940
  • Views 134.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Thanks Mate, so that's Australia, New Zealand

then outside U.S.A. & Canada the only other I think I've seen was a release in Japan using the Parkway Logo.

It had one of those nice thin Tri-Centres if memory serves.

OK, OK, you know I'll bite...and no one mention the fact that my Bunny Sigler is missing the tri-center!

Cameo and Parkway:

:facepalm:

post-9555-0-38140400-1315315499_thumb.jp

post-9555-0-60103800-1315315505_thumb.jp

Social source share

Interesting to see BOTH the CAMEO & PARKWAY used separately,

rather than the "CAMEO-PARKWAY" Logo used by quite a few other countries.

There's a large bunch of Chubby Checker, Bobby Rydell, Orlons and Dee Dee Sharp releases over here, but that is about it, sadly. The Bunny Sigler is rare...took me 3 years and I couldn't miss it, even without the tri-center...I'll upgrade one day!

:rolleyes:

Social source share

I've noticed that Machine Stamped into the Deadwax of my "HEAT WAVE" on GLOBE (JET 1310 release number)

• VICTOR COMPANY OF JAPAN

There is the USA Release number GORDY 7022-A.

True, the Victor group were pretty thorough! The Japanese Motown label would have three codes on it:

1. the Japanese catalogue number (JET????),

2. the Japanese matrix number (MOT????)

3. the US catalogue number (TM????/GL????/S???? etc)

The Globe label releases did not have the Japanese matrix code, as they didn't start those until they fired up the Motown logo.

The vinyl would have the US catalogue number machine stamped into the deadwax, along with various other machine stamps.

:thumbup:

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

True, the Victor group were pretty thorough! The Tamla Motown label would have three codes on it:

1. the Japanese catalogue number (JET????),

2. the Japanese matrix number (MOT????)

3. the US catalogue number (TM????/GL????/S???? etc)

The Globe releases did not have the Japanese matrix code, as they didn't start those until they fired up the T-M logo started up.

The vinyl would have the US catalogue number machine stamped into the deadwax, along with various other machine stamps.

:thumbup:

Many Thanks once again, as you say the Victor group were thorough.

Fascinating stuff, all happened way back in 1963.

Social source share

CANADA

BELL_691X-1-1.gifBELL_691X-2-1.gif

I remember playing this at the Youth Club 1969/70ish (Early 70's) How time flies, the first copy I had was on a FLASHBACK Re-Issue & then on Stateside.

One of the older lads had a FLASHBACK copy so I searched for one and found one.

This copy arrived today, little did I know back then that I would still be collecting the same record in 2011.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I got a mint one of these in Reo sleeve off Martin Koppel about 20 years ago, yours is only the 2nd one I've seen since.

Kinnell no wonder I got so many calls on it, over a dozen people after the same record is really unusual, had a feeling it was rare but didn't realise just how rare - cost me £32, thought I might as well just double what I paid for it. Sold it for £60. Oh well....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

<https://www.globaldogproductions.info/r/reo-ca-8000-series.html>

There you go mate, lots of good stuff on it.

Many Thanks Tony

A wonderful Varied selection, reminds me a little of the UK "LONDON American" label releasing from many different US Labels.

Lots of good stuff as you have already pointed out.

I have about 5, but will be looking for some of the others now.

Social source share

Kinnell no wonder I got so many calls on it, over a dozen people after the same record is really unusual, had a feeling it was rare but didn't realise just how rare - cost me £32, thought I might as well just double what I paid for it. Sold it for £60. Oh well....

Ive got one, not mint though! :(

Social source share

This might be of interest to Mod/Beat collectors.....Brazilian and released two years after UK....The "Somebody Help Me" side has a handclapping "lets go..lets go" intro which is new to me.....i e mailed a stevie winwood collector who suggested it could have been "spliced " on from another tune by those devious South Americans to make it more radio friendly ..any ideas?

post-1770-0-20024200-1320853234_thumb.jp

post-1770-0-32402200-1320853256_thumb.jp

Social source share

heres a few more..

the a and b side of an Australian promo for Nancy Wilson. Strange the 2 sides are contrasting label designs. Is this unusual or the normal for Aussie promos on Capitol?

post-10770-0-85528800-1321063439_thumb.j post-10770-0-86469200-1321063397_thumb.j

an Irish Columbia release for the Delfonics sweet soul classic which came out here on Bell...it has a BLL number..

post-10770-0-20685500-1321063525_thumb.j

A Canadian promo for the Impressions-Gypsy Woman

post-10770-0-37305000-1321063595_thumb.j

An Australian Stateside issue of Bob Kuban -The Cheater

post-10770-0-12091500-1321063644_thumb.j

Also noticed Swish had a nice Reflections on purple Australian Stateside on Sunday at the Central.

A Brazilian issue of the Box Tops- Cry Like A Baby

post-10770-0-65401900-1321063708_thumb.j

Edited by PeteDillon
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!