Obscure - unusual Foreign Releases

Tubbs

• Replies 940
  • Views 134.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

the old thread hasnt been dormant very long why not keep that one goin instead of starting another...click on link in post 17 lots of luvly piccies

100% agree with Dave...can this this thread be merged with the original one as mentioned in post #17.

Seems crazy to have yet another on the same topic!

Mike, Rod, whoever moderates this section...what say you?!

:excl:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Got a nice New Zealand Fontana issue of ' Getting mighty crowded ' Betty Everett, also a few South African Tamla Motown 45's (very similar to UK issues) such as ' Wherever I lay my hat ' M. Gaye, and ' 7 rooms of gloom ' Four Tops. Also have a nice pic sleeve French 4 Tops EP ' Bernadette ' which has the great ' Then ' on it. Won on Ebay a South American (think Argentine) copy of the Tamiko Jones version of ' Cross my heart ' which plays at 33rpm and is a solid centre 45.

Social source share

Major Lance "Ain't No Soul" on Canadian Epic

Anyway picked on it up Ebay for £10, well chuffed as it is one my favourite Major Lance songs as it always reminds me of early 70t's when I was just getting into soul.

post-2354-0-91805700-1354615570_thumb.jp

Edited by jim g
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Never seen this record.

However, is it like this New Zealand ACTION

ACTION_AC-1010-A-1.jpgACTION_AC-1010-B-1.jpg

I wonder what else is available on this New Zealand label.

yes, the belles is that same label, not a lot else as far as soul goes unfortunately, they had a little run on mirwood stuff for a minute, the olympics etc. but the Chants R&B 45s have their fans amongst garage/r&b 45 collectors. not a massive amount of releases to begin with on the label.

Edited by Kris Holmes
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I posted this one elsewhere on SS but I thought I should also stick it on this thread.

Recently picked up this one on the Barry label out of Canada.

Have seen it on Barry label listings, but it must be quite obscure? :g:

Cheers

Richard

Click on the image to see a larger picture

post-12286-0-53660200-1355664537_thumb.j

Edited by Premium Stuff
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Thailand

post-3740-0-73987500-1358107618_thumb.jppost-3740-0-46515200-1358107620_thumb.jp

bought this for Cornelious Brothers & Sister Rose - Since I Found My Baby. All singles from Thailand seem to be EP's with 4 different artists on . Not sure how legal they are because there are no details on the sleeve or label.Nice picture sleeve & good looking label though.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thailand

bought this for Cornelious Brothers & Sister Rose - Since I Found My Baby. All singles from Thailand seem to be EP's with 4 different artists on . Not sure how legal they are because there are no details on the sleeve or label.Nice picture sleeve & good looking label though.

I've got a few of those Thai various artist soul EP's from the 70's (think I may even have posted a scan of a couple up on here in the past).

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!