Obscure - unusual Foreign Releases

Tubbs

:hatsoff2: HI ALL This is my 1st posting in this thread (not even had a glance) here is a good oldie that was big at YATE for Ian Clark?

Eyes of Blue had to northern soul hits on DERAM, "supermarket full of cans" is a interesting record northern yes, soul no.

Saying that it is worth a spin today, my copy (apart from my UK copy) is on DERAM but pressed in the Philippines it must be one for serious collectors of foreign Northern dancers,

I posted their other DERAM 45 in Soulsource record club, HEART TROUBLE is a rare Soulful version of the Parliaments. check it out if you don't no it. :thumbsup: DAVE K

post-13241-0-42376200-1412308171_thumb.jpost-13241-0-45785200-1412308132_thumb.j

Social source share

• Replies 940
  • Views 134.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Loving them, Benji...thanks for posting :thumbup:

Found this French EP in Tokyo last week...James Crawford "Honest I Do"...thumping Northern...absolutely stunning condition...spine hasn't been flattened and the re-order strip is still attached.

:hatsoff2:

post-9555-0-41780400-1413978208_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Unusual releases from around the world

There's some stunning releases out there,

Obscure, Unexpected and from various parts of the world.

Never ceases to amaze me.

We have seen various threads relating to unusual finds

The life of a collector is forever challenged.

Here is a place to throw a spotlight on some of them.

ARGENTINA

Tamla_Motown_VIPA-0001a_300-1.gifTamla_Motown_VIPA-0001b_300-1.gif

El Sondio de Detroit - Love that !!!! 

Social source share

I do realise that this is stretching the "Northern/Rare Soul" ticket a bit, but these are interesting. Hot Wax coming out on Canadian Buddah. I don't ever remember seeing a Canadian Invictus (but I think I saw a Brazilian one once).

post-4408-0-34594700-1414251714_thumb.jppost-4408-0-36629300-1414251725_thumb.jppost-4408-0-91148300-1414251734_thumb.jp

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

I do realise that this is stretching the "Northern/Rare Soul" ticket a bit, but these are interesting. Canadian Hot Wax coming out on Canadian Buddah. I don't ever remember seeing a Canadian Invictus (but I think I saw a Brazilian one once).

attachicon.gifHoneycone.JPGattachicon.gifHoneycone1.JPGattachicon.gifHoneycone2.JPG

There are Canadian Invictus. Don't have any under the hand right now, but I had some in the past.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
post-9555-0-80967000-1416659805_thumb.jp

Everything's Funky like LEE DORSEY...well maybe not quite during his earlier recordings like these thumpers!

This French EP features the New Orleans Northern Soul thudder, "Here Comes The Hurt Again", which gained exposure during the 80's via a compilation on Charly Records. The copy in the scan still has it's re-order strip attached and the spine hasn't been crushed...as near to mint as they come...and it's for sale!

:thumbup:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite as exotic as some of the above, but made me very happy this week....

Ray Charles - Don't Need no Doctor / Ampar

I thought I'd already posted it, but on searching the thread, maybe not.

So when I get on the PC, I'll post up my New Zealand copy of this, almost the same if I remember correctly, but says New Zealand instead of Australia - as you'd expect it would!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!