Obscure - unusual Foreign Releases

Tubbs

• Replies 940
  • Views 134.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Chris, the Scepter one might be scandinavian, like swedish??

No, it has to have NCB on the label to be swedish, danish or norwegian.

I think that it is from Holland.

Check if it has got "670" machine stamped anywhere in the run-out groove, if it does it is definitely from Holland and distributed/manufactured by Polygram/Polydor.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

No, it has to have NCB on the label to be swedish, danish or norwegian. I think that it is from Holland. Check if it has got "670" machine stamped anywhere in the run-out groove, if it does it is definitely from Holland and distributed/manufactured by Polygram/Polydor.

Yes it's Dutch :thumbsup: Which is a bit strange as they tended to dink them in the shops upon selling. Those original

Isley Brothers - Rumours were mostly without original centres, never saw one with, I guess it exists.

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

Yes it's Dutch :thumbsup: Which is a bit strange as they tended to dink them in the shops upon selling. Those original

Isley Brothers - Rumours were mostly without original centres, never saw one with, I guess it exists.

I've had loads of dutch 45s over the years with their centres intact. Most of them actually now when I think about it.

the-isley-brothers-tell-me-its-just-a-rumor-baby-tamla-motown.jpg

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Dutch copy, meethinks Artone did a lot of soul labels, Motown, Cameo-Parkway and the like.....................

attachicon.gifthe-impressions-im-so-proud-artone.jpg

You might be interested in these two books: "Tamla Motown - all Dutch Tamla Motown releases from the sixties" and "The World of Artone" (which is to be published soon)...

https://theworldofartone.com/

Social source share

They changed the design of german TM from green/silver to black around 1967/68 when EMI took over TM from CBS. I'm pretty sure the same happened in NL.

Edit: Just looked up Discogs. The dutch Festival time is from 1971 and ties in with the UK issue on TMG 795 from the same year

Edited by Benji
Social source share

They changed the design of german TM from green/silver to black around 1967/68 when EMI took over TM from CBS. I'm pretty sure the same happened in NL.

Edit: Just looked up Discogs. The dutch Festival time is from 1971 and ties in with the UK issue on TMG 795 from the same year

As I thought, the Dutch Isley Brothers "Rumour" dates from 1971 issued.

Social source share

As I thought, the Dutch Isley Brothers "Rumour" dates from 1971 issued.

No mate..it is from november 1969..the catalogue # 90825, stems from this period. The miracles 45...Come round here.. you posted above has the catalogue # 92255, which is from Feb 1971. i also have the supremes and four tops.. a taste of honey # 92328 which is June 1971, also Ain't no mountain high enough by Diana Ross/Supremes and the Temptations #90665 which stems from Sept 1969

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

Bri, do you have any reference table for dating the dutch TM 45's? The NL black label cat # seem to be same as german black label TMs. I could use it to pin down release dates of my german black label TM 45s.

not really a reference table Benji, it's just that 75% of the euro releases are contemporary to uk ones give or take a few weeks, and they all have corresponding catalogue numbers

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

benji the belgian releases from around this period tie with the dutch and german catalogue numbers also, we dont have a release date guide in particular but theres that many of them we can pinpoint them down to the month in a round a bout way.......there will be release sheets somewhere i guess but we`ll not be far out

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!