Ulra High Frequency - Wand - Title Query ?

Swifty

I'm a bit confused , just bought a demo of

ULTRA HIGH FREQUENCY - GET ON THE RIGHT TRACK - WAND 11257 Stereo/Mono

but when I had it before I'm sure it was 'WE'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK' ? and when I google it

they all seem to be 'WE'RE'

does anybody know why this different

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

P.S. They even sing 'We're on the right track'

Edited by SWIFTY
Social source share

you may be confusing it with Southshore Commision were on the right track, also on Wand ?

Rob.

it is the same song though. not the same group. I've been told that the lead of ultra high frequency was Danny Johnson, later of the Chilites. The woman singing lead on South Shore Commission "we're on the right track" is Sheryl Henry, the same woman that sings lead on the Marlynns on Tower and one of the Daran sides (lots of people think it's male smokey imitator but it's not).

Edited by boba
Social source share

It's no big issue Bob , I just wondered why mine has a different title , that's all !

the UHF is 1973 and SSC is 1975 and both have the same credits/publisher etc

Thanks. The reason I was asking about the publishing is that when a song is sub-published sometimes it's retitled (e.g. given an alias) to make it distinct. It usually it something that happens across two countries though and it wasn't the case here because the publishing was the same.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Now I'm definately confused ,

SOUTH SHORE COMISSION - WE'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK

ULTRA HIGH FREQUENCY - WE'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK (can't find the vocal on youtube!)

but my UHF demo is called GET ON THE RIGHT TRACK ?

:huh:

here you go, the vocal version, i put this on youtube about 2 years ago, it was playing in the boat that pulled my 10 year old lad and his mate in the air, cheeky sods said i might be to heavy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

here you go, the vocal version, i put this on youtube about 2 years ago, it was playing in the boat that pulled my 10 year old lad and his mate in the air, cheeky sods said i might be to heavy

Thanks mate , If it were me it would of had to be a Submarine !!!!

So this exactly the same but why is the demo of UHF called GET on the right track ? It doesn't really matter , I just thought someone might have the reason but hey! it's only cheap !!! :yes:

Cheers

Social source share

Think this is an easy one.

The Mono / Stereo PROMO copies were pressed as 'Get On The Right Track'.

The ISSUE copies were pressed with the correct title 'We're On The Right Track'.

All 'Get On' copies that I've seen (loads of em) are Promo's.

:thumbsup:

Sean

One here for a couple of bob!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Northern-Soul-Ultra-High-Frequency-Get-on-the-Right-Track-Hear-it-/230751268831?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item35b9d8efdf

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!