Northern Soul Uk

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I cant see negative feedback for the non paying bidder! Why is this?

Infact its only 5 days since the auction ended!

Reason being Earnie, it's someone many of us know, they rang me up and apologised with a reason that was valid, and me being me, thought it not a good idea to give negative feedback, although I was not amused, still thought it a better idea just just cancel the sale and re-list the collection. Also apart from this transaction, the buyer has quite good feedback. If the same happened to me and couldn't complete the sale for the same reason, I wouldn't like to think I was getting neg feedback either.

At least you know who the buyer was, so you can use your own judgement as to wether you let him bid on your auctions or not.

Also I offered the collection as a second chance offer, but that person had already commited to buying another collection so he couldn't afford it either

Steve

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

It is indeed an excellent condition Steve but you're shooting yourself in the foot by not stating that the majority are reissues and not grading them individually, the word 'repress' only appears a couple of times when it's obvious (to me) that nearly all of them are pressings etc...if they weren't, it'd be over £1000 by now. Just an observation...

Social source share

It is indeed an excellent condition Steve but you're shooting yourself in the foot by not stating that the majority are reissues and not grading them individually, the word 'repress' only appears a couple of times when it's obvious (to me) that nearly all of them are pressings etc...if they weren't, it'd be over £1000 by now. Just an observation...

Hi Pete and thanks for the observation. I am not expecting £1000 to be honest, it is stated that they are not all originals in the description text, but there are originals in there too as well as re-presses etc, and even some of the re-presses are worth quite a bit these days.

It is what it is, not a rare collection and it's not described as that. As it says a good starter collection, and there is still money to be made even if they are not all originals.

Steve

Social source share

Hi Pete and thanks for the observation. I am not expecting £1000 to be honest, it is stated that they are not all originals in the description text, but there are originals in there too as well as re-presses etc, and even some of the re-presses are worth quite a bit these days.

It is what it is, not a rare collection and it's not described as that. As it says a good starter collection, and there is still money to be made even if they are not all originals.

Steve

No, I know - some great titles. Might have a little bid myself actually.

Social source share

No, I know - some great titles. Might have a little bid myself actually.

Thanks again Pete, there was a lot of interest when listed last time, over 100 watchers. There are some great titles even though not all original, still very worth having. Also if they had been all originals I certailnly wouldn't have been starting the bidding at £150, more like £1500 :)
Social source share

Thanks again Pete, there was a lot of interest when listed last time, over 100 watchers. There are some great titles even though not all original, still very worth having. Also if they had been all originals I certailnly wouldn't have been starting the bidding at £150, more like £1500 :)

Not all original!""

Actually very few if any are original Steve and as Pete says gradings etc would help and actually if you can put repress on a few why cant you put "Orig" on the originals - It would help as to whether to bid or not

Regards Steve

Social source share

Not all original!""

Actually very few if any are original Steve and as Pete says gradings etc would help and actually if you can put repress on a few why cant you put "Orig" on the originals - It would help as to whether to bid or not

Regards Steve

The list was copied and pasted from the personal database I use to keep a record of what I have to save having to individually list them on Ebay. The tag 're-press' was only there for my own reference so that if I saw another copy, I could refer to the list to see what I had it on.

To be honest, it's a nice, but not rare collection of all well known, mostly floorfilling records, obviously not meant for the trainspotters, but for someone who wants to either start a collection, add to a collection, or buy to sell on. Even if the bids went up to £1000 (which it won't) thats still only £6.89 per record, and every one of them is easily worth that.

I have now listed what I am pretty sure are original copies.

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share