Find My Way - Unreleased/unknown Version (Now Identified)

Two vids of the Casper Peters song on YouTube have comments from family/friends. Both make it clear that Peters lived and worked in South Florida. One comment states that Peters gigged at the Marco Polo Hotel. There are even email addresses from people connected to Peters if you wanted to get serious or stalker-like about finding out more!  :D 

Here's one of the Casper Peter's clips with comments underneath it.

Reading through this thread again, I see that the clip to the Art Posey track is no longer live. That's because I accidentally deleted my YouTube channel about a year ago. However, I did upload it again here...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Two vids of the Casper Peters song on YouTube have comments from family/friends. Both make it clear that Peters lived and worked in South Florida. One comment states that Peters gigged at the Marco Polo Hotel. There are even email addresses from people connected to Peters if you wanted to get serious or stalker-like about finding out more!  :D 

Here's one of the Casper Peter's clips with comments underneath it.

Reading through this thread again, I see that the clip to the Art Posey track is no longer live. That's because I accidentally deleted my YouTube channel about a year ago. However, I did upload it again here...

httpsyoutu.be/7g67tD4FJVk

Like that Art Posey version

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 6 years later...
9 hours ago, LatinHustle said:

NOTE:  The acetate was recently sold for $100.  Was there only 1 copy??   https://www.popsike.com/Art-Posey-of-Art-Honey-UNISSUED-1970s-1-SIDE-SOUL-ACETATE-45-Find-My-Way-HEAR/203257060760.html

It is usual for more than one acetate (known as Laquer in the industry to be made) In general, there are probably fewer than a half dozen acetates cut of any single and they will be rare. On very rare occasions, when a record company was in a hurry to get their album or single to radio stations, they would send acetates directly to them. These were then usually supplemented with regular vinyl pressings as soon as it could be arranged, as acetates were and are entirely unsuited to repeated play, as might be warranted by having them played on the radio.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

It is usual for more than one acetate (known as Laquer in the industry to be made) In general, there are probably fewer than a half dozen acetates cut of any single and they will be rare. On very rare occasions, when a record company was in a hurry to get their album or single to radio stations, they would send acetates directly to them. These were then usually supplemented with regular vinyl pressings as soon as it could be arranged, as acetates were and are entirely unsuited to repeated play, as might be warranted by having them played on the radio.

I think all of that is well known, but thanks.

Just to clarify, the acetate sold on eBay just recently and shown in the eBay link is not the one I posted about back in 2012. Mine is a publisher's acetate - and as documented - allegedly came from the estate of Isaac Hayes, and which had been seized along with many other things during the course of his bankruptcy. Also as documented in my earlier posts in this thread, the acetate came with a copy of the Casper Peters version with the sleeve annotated with the question to Hayes that asked "Dear Isaac, All I want to know is why?" (and initialed "JM", ie, Melfi himself).

The more recent acetate is hugely interesting, although in a much poorer condition - presumably because Mr Hayes never played the one sent to him. Why would he?

I suspect the more recent one was pressed at the studio for in-house reference only, and as such is also extremely rare to the degree that it - in itself - is a one-off. 

Regardless, it's absolutely fantastic to know of its existence. Superb!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

I think all of that is well known, but thanks.

Just to clarify, the acetate sold on eBay just recently and shown in the eBay link is not the one I posted about back in 2012. Mine is a publisher's acetate - and as documented - allegedly came from the estate of Isaac Hayes, and which had been seized along with many other things during the course of his bankruptcy. Also as documented in my earlier posts in this thread, the acetate came with a copy of the Casper Peters version with the sleeve annotated with the question to Hayes that asked "Dear Isaac, All I want to know is why?" (and initialed "JM", ie, Melfi himself).

The more recent acetate is hugely interesting, although in a much poorer condition - presumably because Mr Hayes never played the one sent to him. Why would he?

I suspect the more recent one was pressed at the studio for in-house reference only, and as such is also extremely rare to the degree that it - in itself - is a one-off. 

Regardless, it's absolutely fantastic to know of its existence. Superb!

You are correct most do know but our friend is a new member and may not, and for the wonderful info I will post this (can't remember where I got it from)

Art.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!