Sam Ward Sister Lee

Guest giant

been watching SAM WARD SISTER LEE on EBAY auction which finished at a very high price of £780 pounds 'seems very expensive ' whats the going rate ' your comments please.

many thanks

steve

Social source share

I understand that Karl Heard was featuring this in his set last year, and it caused quite a stir. Of course all the bandwagon jumping wannabe Dj's have been chasing it ever since. Hence the price.

To me, it's never been an easy record. I have owned a couple over the years, but both were battered. A mint copy would fetch a premium now I think.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Are you for real?

Yes Karl may have played it a couple of times but it has been played for years by a whole host of DJs. For you to say that people didn't know it or that they want it just because he played it is to be fair an insult. Some of us have a mind of our own you know!

Quite right, it's a Catacombs oldie, never been off the radar since I got on the scene really.

Even though first time I heard it I thought it was called "It's the beat" :lol:

sold it for £300 about 18 months back

Social source share

Quite right, it's a Catacombs oldie, never been off the radar since I got on the scene really.

Even though first time I heard it I thought it was called "It's the beat" :lol:

sold it for £300 about 18 months back

Didnt know the Cats connection.Wigan oldie for me.Great record,just right for now as they say.!!

Social source share

Are you for real?

Yes Karl may have played it a couple of times but it has been played for years by a whole host of DJs. For you to say that people didn't know it or that they want it just because he played it is to be fair an insult. Some of us have a mind of our own you know!

Read the post, I never said people didn't know it, I just said that when Karl played it everyone suddenly wanted it again. Hence the rise in price.

Social source share

Read the post, I never said people didn't know it, I just said that when Karl played it everyone suddenly wanted it again. Hence the rise in price.

Again, are you for real? What a complete and utter load of rubbish! It couldn't possibly be that it is a fantastic record.

Far from me to speak for Karl but I know for a fact he would say the exact same thing, not to mention the fact that your post is toe curling to say the least!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Tim Brown's got one on auction on this week's list with the following pitch:

Sam Ward - Sister Lee - Groove City 205 VG++ MIN BID £650

Strong grading close to mint minus - not been on Ebay in anything other than battered condition for over 5 years

Shame we can't work out the finishing prices on some auctions :yes:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

You said everyone jumped on the bandwagon when it isn't true, it was already well known and an expensive record years ago, Manship has it at £450 in his third guide, 2007, whether guide price right or not is debatable but the price didn't go up with a few spins from Karl.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

In all fairness Phil.............I read the post the same way Joan did..............and judging by the number of members that ticked the 'LIKE THIS' option..............looks like they did the same!!! Maybe not intentional on your part...........but like I say..........it reads that way!!!

Carol :thumbsup:

Social source share

Again, are you for real? What a complete and utter load of rubbish! It couldn't possibly be that it is a fantastic record.

Far from me to speak for Karl but I know for a fact he would say the exact same thing, not to mention the fact that your post is toe curling to say the least!

God has spoken..........now I remember why I don't come on here anymore. What's the matter Joan, have you been playing it lately? Touched a nerve? I thought you hated Wigan oldies..........I can't be arsed arguing with you anyway. I should know by now you are always right.

And if you want to read something toe curling, you should read some of your own posts sometime.

Social source share

Hilarious contradiction there Joan.

Social source share

one of those records that more or less hadnt really had any development in price for the last ten to 15 years. compared to other records of less qualitybut same level of rarity that made ridiculous price jumps in said period of time a price jump for this awesome and archetypical detroit 45 was long over due. not that I like it but simply a fact.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

one of those records that more or less hadnt really had any development in price for the last ten to 15 years. compared to other records of less qualitybut same level of rarity that made ridiculous price jumps in said period of time a price jump for this awesome and archetypical detroit 45 was long over due. not that I like it but simply a fact.

I would agree with this Marc. I don't like to silly the silly prices but with some recrods its just a matter of when.

Social source share

no what is long over due is a price drop on those that have had silly price rises.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

God has spoken..........now I remember why I don't come on here anymore. What's the matter Joan, have you been playing it lately? Touched a nerve? I thought you hated Wigan oldies..........I can't be arsed arguing with you anyway. I should know by now you are always right.

And if you want to read something toe curling, you should read some of your own posts sometime.

When have I ever said I hated oldies? They are all oldies ffs. I don't have the said record btw.

You don't come on here anymore because you aren't promoting or DJing.

Social source share

I remember bidding on one at least 3 years ago which had been listed incorrectly in the wrong category. Unfortuately it was found by others and eventually went for somewhere in the region of £1100. Way above my fiver bid :)

Always thought it was a highly prized record in decent condition.

Social source share

I think based on it's rarity and the extreme difficulty in obtaining Mintish copies it should be around £2000 when compared to similar 45s

ROD

Wait, the wife says we will need car hire on holiday too so make that £2500.

Very good Rod!! :lol: pmsl

Social source share

Flogged mine on here about 2 years ago for £450 only one serious offer so I assume that's the going rate. Great, great oldie. One of those in the 'wish I hadn't sold it' category but you can't keep 'em all, can you?

If I was thinking of selling mine, or any other disc of comparable quality or rarity, I don't think I would pick offers on Soul Source to be honest. From my observations I don't think the right kind of offers get generated on here.

The options I would look at are:

• Set Sale - Soul Source or privately with the asking price you want for it - backed with full condition description (vinyl and label - both sides) label scans and sound files. Only takes one buyer to get your asking price and set sale against the clock certainly focuses the mind.
  • eBay - either auction with no reserve or Buy It Now with above asking price - with scans sound files as above. Need to factor in eBay/PayPal fees etc.
  • Main Dealer Auction - often get highest prices but need to factor in commission etc.

The lower prices that are getting quoted on here seem mainly to be for sales where IMO the record has been let go for much less than the price I would expect to get for it.

I reckon Tim Brown's copy will sell for more than the minimum bid, and the recent one on eBay clearly went for a good price with a large amount of bidders and not that good nick.

eBay definitely comes into its own with sales of this kind of quality rare disc - if you can swallow the fees etc.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Look above (or have you done that already?)

Cheers

Richard

what!!! have l missed something????........has someone been telling fibs about karl??? was butch the culprit??

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!