Dickie Wonder

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

unfortunately the previous deal didnt work out, so back up for sale is

Dickie Wonder - Nobody Knows (Golden Triangle) - £425.00

Mint minus condition. This isn't the one with the girl backing vocals, or indeed the Soul Source choir.

Mike

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

perhaps that is why the guy took a month to not send the cheque.

It has gone for more on another Soul mb, and has been listed by at least three dealers for £475, and one had it offers of £500.

I think you'd walk a long way to find one in better condition.

But it looks like SSers are put off now anyway

Social source share

perhaps that is why the guy took a month to not send the cheque.

It has gone for more on another Soul mb, and has been listed by at least three dealers for £475, and one had it offers of £500.

I think you'd walk a long way to find one in better condition.

But it looks like SSers are put off now anyway

I think its quite a hard one to locate, nerver really seen any for sale myself, glad i got one for £100 some time ago :(

But i think its a bit much when some one lists a record at a price for sale and people start saying far to much/ ive got one for sale cheeper ect........out of order IMHO fair enough discussing prices in other parts but when some one is trying to sell should be left alone, soon know if its unsold :huh:

Social source share

I think its quite a hard one to locate, nerver really seen any for sale myself, glad i got one for £100 some time ago :(

But i think its a bit much when some one lists a record at a price for sale and people start saying far to much/ ive got one for sale cheeper ect........out of order IMHO fair enough discussing prices in other parts but when some one is trying to sell should be left alone, soon know if its unsold :(

I just put the :huh: because I was amazed to see how much it was listed it that's all. Never said if it was too high or too low....

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

I just put the :ohmy: because I was amazed to see how much it was listed it that's all. Never said if it was too high or too low....

Wasn't directing it at you Pete, just seen it happen on here quite alot :thumbsup:

Social source share

Wasn't directing it at you Pete, just seen it happen on here quite alot :thumbsup:

well I certainly wasn't trying to be smarmy, just genuinely amazed that it would be going for that but if that is indeed the sort of price people are listing it for then fair enough, and I'm very pleased. Not planning on selling mine either. If the price is sensible then someone will buy it even if a few eyebrows are raised. Great record and the best version IMO :ohmy:

Martin

Social source share

Bang out of order.

Whatever happened to etiquette?

I agree unreservedly. I'd say it's just about OK to comment on the price that someone's trying to get for a record, we're all grown-ups and can choose to buy or not. Although strangely enough I rarely hear anyone say 'that's too cheap' .

But hijacking someone's thread to offer the record for less is staggeringly rude, IMHO.

Social source share

the golden triangle copy was always a fiver sure its a soul pack record in that format :thumbsup:

=============================================================

The GOLDEN TRIANGLE 45 is a re-issue of the Sound of Soul recording is,nt it !!!

Came out around the time of the Free Angelina LP could be wrong but dont

think so, back around 85 I had loads of copies of the G.Triangle at £10

they where everywhere around Manchester.......

Social source share

The GOLDEN TRIANGLE 45 is a re-issue of the Sound of Soul recording is,nt it !!!

Ian i think i might of bought one of you at the time but im sure it is an inferior version of the S of S one

Social source share

Ian i think i might of bought one of you at the time but im sure it is an inferior version of the S of S one

.......ah, but there's more than one! - versions with and without backing vocals on each label, although I can't remember ever hearing a copy of the Golden Triangle release with said b/vs.

inferior? no. Different, yes! :D

Hippo.

Social source share

I agree unreservedly. I'd say it's just about OK to comment on the price that someone's trying to get for a record, we're all grown-ups and can choose to buy or not. Although strangely enough I rarely hear anyone say 'that's too cheap'yes.gif.

But hijacking someone's thread to offer the record for less is staggeringly rude, IMHO.

Post has been removed, since I respect Mike.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

yes it is,personally, the SOS is better IMO but each to their own
Social source share

I agree it is usually out of order, which is what my comment implied. If you list something for a totally ridiculous price however, you must be prepared to answer for it. £425 is a big fucking joke, a rip off attempt and a piss take, period. I have listed it for £300 a few times not that long ago, and it did not sell. The most I have seen it go for EVER on ebay is around £275. Instead of 'hijacking' the thread, I could have just posted it for sale in the forum, for less, would that also be out of order? Should I wait until maybe he sold his, for a lot more, first? :) :fool:

Steady on.

Regardless of whether or not Mikey's valuation of Dickie Wonder is accurate, he can choose to sell his property for any figure he wishes to - the market will ultimately tell him if he's right or wrong. His reasoning was sound.

I still believe your actions in offering the record for less in the same topic is just plain bad manners. By all means offer it for sale in the Sales section in your own topic for whatever price you see fit, I don't think anyone would have a problem with this (except Mikey!)

Your subsequent post where you use language like "rip off attempt" "piss take" and "big fucking joke" to describe someone's attempt to sell a record is completely unacceptable, especially given the fact that the person you're referring to would be possibly the last person to behave in this fashion.

Seeing as you're the self-appointed guardian of fair record pricing are you going to be regularly undercutting people? I'd be interested to see how you get on trying it with the less reasonable members of this board.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I agree it is usually out of order, which is what my comment implied. If you list something for a totally ridiculous price however, you must be prepared to answer for it. £425 is a big fucking joke, a rip off attempt and a piss take, period. I have listed it for £300 a few times not that long ago, and it did not sell. The most I have seen it go for EVER on ebay is around £275. Instead of 'hijacking' the thread, I could have just posted it for sale in the forum, for less, would that also be out of order? Should I wait until maybe he sold his, for a lot more, first? :D :fool:

I'm glad I took 24 hours before replying to your post offering the same record for less Christian.

I was very angry and all set to call you the c*** that you are, but following this post, I dont feel I need to any more, as you have obviously removed all doubt.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

I agree it is usually out of order, which is what my comment implied. If you list something for a totally ridiculous price however, you must be prepared to answer for it. £425 is a big fucking joke, a rip off attempt and a piss take, period. I have listed it for £300 a few times not that long ago, and it did not sell. The most I have seen it go for EVER on ebay is around £275. Instead of 'hijacking' the thread, I could have just posted it for sale in the forum, for less, would that also be out of order? Should I wait until maybe he sold his, for a lot more, first? :D :fool:

nah

you should wind your neck in and think before you post

you accuse a member of ripping people off and think its ok

just because you dont agree with the price

many ways to do and say things, but your second post accusing a member of being dishonest in such a way is totally out of order

sort this or site will

Social source share

nah

you should wind your neck in and think before you post

you accuse a member of ripping people off and think its ok

just because you dont agree with the price

many ways to do and say things, but your second post accusing a member of being dishonest in such a way is totally out of order

sort this or site will

About time Mike :D

Social source share

been said already but can't think of anyone less likely to rip anyone off than mikey.

any record offered for sale is worth somewhere between what you want for it and what someone else wants to pay for it.

if someone else (ie an adult in full possession of their faculties) wants to pay X for Y it by definition can't be a rip-off in a market where there are no set prices.

think we've been here before; i'll happily buy your entire collection off you if i can set the prices, christian :D

Social source share

I'm glad I took 24 hours before replying to your post offering the same record for less Christian.

I was very angry and all set to call you the c*** that you are, but following this post, I dont feel I need to any more, as you have obviously removed all doubt.

===================================================

:D:D:D:(:(

Social source share

A record is only worth what someone is willing to pay

some people will pay treble what a 45 is worth because they want it

and can afford to pay extra whereas some poor buggers will have to hunt and hunt

around till they find a copy being sold by someone pissed up at a Soul nite :(

Ian. what you drinking fri ? :D

Steve

Social source share

Steady on.

Regardless of whether or not Mikey's valuation of Dickie Wonder is accurate, he can choose to sell his property for any figure he wishes to - the market will ultimately tell him if he's right or wrong. His reasoning was sound.

I still believe your actions in offering the record for less in the same topic is just plain bad manners. By all means offer it for sale in the Sales section in your own topic for whatever price you see fit, I don't think anyone would have a problem with this (except Mikey!)

Your subsequent post where you use language like "rip off attempt" "piss take" and "big fucking joke" to describe someone's attempt to sell a record is completely unacceptable, especially given the fact that the person you're referring to would be possibly the last person to behave in this fashion.

Seeing as you're the self-appointed guardian of fair record pricing are you going to be regularly undercutting people? I'd be interested to see how you get on trying it with the less reasonable members of this board.

You are obviously the self righteous and self appointed guardian of good manners. whistling.gif I have never 'undercut' anyone before. I would really like to know where and when a copy on Golden Triangle sold for £425, or more, which was also claimed. This is, yet again, a case of 'all are equal but some are more equal than others'. Certain posters, like Tedsoul to just name one, constantly comment on pricing and has most likely ruined many very reasonable priced sales more than once, just for the hell of it. What's the difference? Why the reaction this time and not the 100 other times when the offending poster was someone else? I really wonder. And why are some persons excempt from criticism?! "Oh, it's old so and so, so I guess the unprecedented £700 price tag on The Snake that never sold for more than £10 must be reasonable then, oh well, he's a right good lad, a good egg, bla, bla, bla"... :P

Edited by Guest
Social source share

What do you know about me really? I can't write what I would like in response, but I think you may have an idea what it would be like. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

What do you know about me really? I can't write what I would like in response, but I think you may have an idea what it would be like. whistling.gif

Christian

I'm not about to get myself slung off this site over a person I have never had any respect for anyway.

So I am asking one of the mods to remove this thread before I say something I regret.

You and I can discuss this calmly when we meet.

Social source share

You are obviously the self righteous and self appointed guardian of good manners. whistling.gif I have never 'undercut' anyone before. I would really like to know where and when a copy on Golden Triangle sold for £425, or more, which was also claimed. This is, yet again, a case of 'all are equal but some are more equal than others'. Certain posters, like Tedsoul to just name one, constantly comment on pricing and has most likely ruined many very reasonable priced sales more than once, just for the hell of it. What's the difference? Why the reaction this time and not the 100 other times when the offending poster was someone else? I really wonder. And why are some persons excempt from criticism?! "Oh, it's old so and so, so I guess the unprecedented £700 price tag on The Snake that never sold for more than £10 must be reasonable then, oh well, he's a right good lad, a good egg, bla, bla, bla"... :P

I'm far from being "the self righteous and self appointed guardian of good manners" as you claim, just someone that thinks your actions toward a fellow forum member is unacceptable. Others seem to agree. If you think what you've said about Mikey (and now Tedsoul) is reasonable then fine.

On other forums I participate in you'd have been banned by now for your behaviour. This board is one of the most tolerant I've come across - I really don't think you can claim any sort of favouritism exists.

Social source share

I'm far from being "the self righteous and self appointed guardian of good manners" as you claim, just someone that thinks your actions toward a fellow forum member is unacceptable. Others seem to agree. If you think what you've said about Mikey (and now Tedsoul) is reasonable then fine.

On other forums I participate in you'd have been banned by now for your behaviour. This board is one of the most tolerant I've come across - I really don't think you can claim any sort of favouritism exists.

I think maybe it would be a good idea to have conversations about prices away from the sales section - I just made a comment about a copy of 'Shep' someone was selling but I deliberately put in about the soul so that it wasn't linked directly to that listing.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I think maybe it would be a good idea to have conversations about prices away from the sales section - I just made a comment about a copy of 'Shep' someone was selling but I deliberately put in about the soul so that it wasn't linked directly to that listing.

Perhaps people, when they are moaning about the price of a mint copy, should stipulate that their cheaper copy is a scratched pile of poo in their post. That might help clear things a little too.

Social source share

Perhaps people, when they are moaning about the price of a mint copy, should stipulate that their cheaper copy is a scratched pile of poo in their post. That might help clear things a little too.

Bottom line mate -it's your perogative to charge what you like, and whatever anyone else thinks doesn't matter... I also believe Christian was out of order to attack you so vehemently, though obviously I wouldn't stop him from saying anything he wanted, that's his right - it was just in the wrong place.

Social source share

I wonder what reaction would get from a few dealers if some one was sifting through there box and and seamed interested in a record and the bloke next to them said you can have mine for ex amount......hummmm laugh.gif I think Pete was right in saying prices should be discussed else where, if you put a post on a sales thread saying this is daylight robbery ect, it is going influence people and some one might lose out on a sale, back again to another situation you wouldnt stand up on a chair next to a record dealers box and shout out all night that so and so is far too much would you :P

Social source share

Christian

the main concern of site is that you felt fit to accuse the seller of setting out to deliberatly rip people off

this is a serious allegation

while misunderstandings etc can and do occur on here, your posts since give the impression that you are more than happy to allow this unproven allegation to stand

never mind the price or the 45 in question, the simple fact is your allegations are against the guidelines

you can either put this right now, or action will be taken

Edited by mike-
Social source share

thread closed at request of starter

as it has brought up a few valid issues on this sales section, have started a thread in the "site stuff" here

ask all who use this part of site to have a read

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22378

after request from the topic starter no other action will be taken

Social source share