Two Plus Two Look Around C/w I'm Sure

snooky

• Replies 33
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest trickbag

4. $4,550 " Two Plus Two, "I'm Sure" / "Look Around," 45. The seller advertised this as a "very rare Northern Soul 45" "and that was pretty much the end of the information. Released on the Velgo label (VO 003) in 1966, the record graded at VG

ricky.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Is this the one Butch got? I remember following the last hour of it on ebay at the time, had never heard it but was listed with a sound file of both sides, think it went mental in last few seconds as was gonna bid!

Social source share

Guest trickbag

both sides can be herd on soul girls juke box,look around, is stormin northern,

im sure, is messy,the record graded at VG++ (my mistake)

nev its only worth what the last bidder is willing to pay,as far as im concerned

its to much, as is the one on popsike.its rarity is its fortune.

ricky.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Don't think Butch is selling?

That went for $6000

Alright mate, hope you are well? Sorry should have quoted Nev's post, I meant was the one listed on Popsike from ebay in 2004 the one Butch bought (not that I've heard him play it as haven't heard him DJ since late '80s, but thought it was on his playlist (the 'I'm Sure' side) shortly after that one sold.

Social source share

Butch's wasn't as far as I am aware the one of ebay which some might consider pricey but for a record of less than 5 known copies with two great northern sides, is it really that pricey? Still only a handful of copies.

It was known for some time to Butch through Greg Tormo who had what appears to be the first known copy. Mick H and Arthur later got copies.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Butch's wasn't as far as I am aware the one of ebay which some might consider pricey but for a record of less than 5 known copies with two great northern sides, is it really that pricey? Still only a handful of copies.

It was known for some time to Butch through Greg Tormo who had what appears to be the first known copy. Mick H and Arthur later got copies.

Ahh cheers Chalky must have been mistaken then. Agree two great northern sides - couldn't believe what I was hearing on the sound files listed on that old ebay auction copy!

Social source share

The one on Ebay from 5 years or so ago (prob 2004 as previously mentioned), I remember watching that. Seller was recordmanx from Detroit, starting bid was something like $6.99. It was unusual for that seller to have soundclips on his listings and I thought I might be able to get another cheap little item from him, how wrong was I? :lol:

I love it, but unless 6 numbers in the lotto unlikely to ever get a copy :( .

Wasn't it booted a couple of years back? :g:

Social source share

There's definitely one in the N.east ,but numbers wise ,this one probs doesnt add to the count, because it'll be one that has already been accounted for getting moved on :g:

Social source share

Its always been known about!

I,m sure it was listed in the Detroit Collectors list that was printed many years ago.

I wonder if Keith Rylatt or Rob Foster ever had it coz they were the boys when i first started buying Detroit stuff.

Trev

Social source share

If you go into the Outta Sight records web site - in the "museum" there's a group line up and a picture :thumbsup:

Des Parker

you have to click on "ephemera" once you get to "museum".

there were a few groups called "two plus two". I guess this is probably the velgo group but it says "on loan to the museum by Neil Rushton". Maybe Neil can fill in more info about the group.

Also, I wonder what the "two plus two" comes from. I know it wasn't two sets of brothers because there are three last names on the picture that are different. Were there two singers and two bandmembers? It definitely has more than two instruments on it.

Social source share

you have to click on "ephemera" once you get to "museum".

there were a few groups called "two plus two". I guess this is probably the velgo group but it says "on loan to the museum by Neil Rushton". Maybe Neil can fill in more info about the group.

Also, I wonder what the "two plus two" comes from. I know it wasn't two sets of brothers because there are three last names on the picture that are different. Were there two singers and two bandmembers? It definitely has more than two instruments on it.

https://www.soulfulde...teve-Mancha.htm

A legend on Northern Soul scene, Steve Mancha's recording career kicked off in 1962 with Wilburt Jackson as Two Friends - the duo making just one record.

An aside: In '67, Wilburt joined Cyril Clark - a writer of the Four Hollidays' Markie 45 - in a group called Two Plus Two and cut a record for the Velgo label.

could it be 'two friends' meeting two others? two plus two?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!