Smooth Soul Newark - 2Nd March

Dekka asked me to put a play list up, here goes. no particular order (from memory)

Earl Wright - Thumb a Ride . Capitol

Didi Noel - let the music play . Blue Cat

Mill Evans - I've got to have your love. Constellation

Gene Chandler - Such a pretty thing . Checker

Bob Kuban - The cheater . Bell

First Choice - This is the house . Scepter

Otis Blackwell - Its all over me . CBS

Barbara Lewis - someday we're gonna love again . Atlantic

Young Holt unlimited - California montage . Brunswick

The Drifters - you gotta pay your dues . Atlantic

Nikki Blu - I love him so . Parkway

The Tymes - Here she comes . Parkway

Reggie Garner - Hot line . Capitol

Robert Knight - Branded , Monument

The Four Tops - cant seem to get you . Tamla Motown

Viola Wills - Run to the nearest exit . Goodear

The Volcanos - Storm warning . Arctic

Percy Sledge - the angels listened in . Atlantic

Brenda & Tabulations - a love you can depend on. Top n Bottom

Bobby Garrett - I cant get away . Mirwood

Bob Brady - Everybodys going to the love in . Bell

Moses and Joshua - get out of my heart . Bell

Harry Deal - I still love you . Eclipse

Patty & Emblems - Mixed up shook up girl . Herald

thats it i think.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Dekka asked me to put a play list up, here goes. no particular order (from memory)

Earl Wright - Thumb a Ride . Capitol

Didi Noel - let the music play . Blue Cat

Mill Evans - I've got to have your love. Constellation

Gene Chandler - Such a pretty thing . Checker

Bob Kuban - The cheater . Bell

First Choice - This is the house . Scepter

Otis Blackwell - Its all over me . CBS

Barbara Lewis - someday we're gonna love again . Atlantic

Young Holt unlimited - California montage . Brunswick

The Drifters - you gotta pay your dues . Atlantic

Nikki Blu - I love him so . Parkway

The Tymes - Here she comes . Parkway

Reggie Garner - Hot line . Capitol

Robert Knight - Branded , Monument

The Four Tops - cant seem to get you . Tamla Motown

Viola Wills - Run to the nearest exit . Goodear

The Volcanos - Storm warning . Arctic

Percy Sledge - the angels listened in . Atlantic

Brenda & Tabulations - a love you can depend on. Top n Bottom

Bobby Garrett - I cant get away . Mirwood

Bob Brady - Everybodys going to the love in . Bell

Moses and Joshua - get out of my heart . Bell

Harry Deal - I still love you . Eclipse

Patty & Emblems - Mixed up shook up girl . Herald

thats it i think.

As I said to you on the night Ian, fantastic set :thumbsup:

Social source share

Heres my playlist

Cody Black - Going, Going, Going - Ram-Brock

Carl Burnett - Jerk baby jerk - carmax

Lee Rodgers - I want you to have everything - D-Town

Bobby Womack - It's gonna rain - Minit

Jamo Thomas - Stop the Baby - Conlo

Bobby Patterson - Right on Jody - Paula

Soul brothers six - You better check yourself - Atlantic

Roscoe Robinson - One Bo-dillion years - SS7

Chuck Bernard - Funny Changes - Satellite

Jerry Williams - Philly Duck - Calla

Alvin Robinson - Searchin' - Tiger

Betty Everett - I've got a claim on you - One-derful

Albert washington - I wanna know how you feel - Rye

Lolita and the Exotics - Put a lotta lovin to it - Libra

Nick waterhouse - Is that clear - IL

Garnet Mimms - Prove it to me - United Artists

Al Robinson - Sho bout to drive me wild - Pulsar

Johnnie taylor - Blues in the Night - Stax

Junior Wells - I'm gonna cramp your style - Bright Star

Ann Peebles - Slipped, tripped and fell in love - London

Danny White - natural soul Brother - vampisoul

The poppies - Do it with soul - Epic

The dells - Thinkin about you - cadet

Cheers :thumbsup:

Social source share

Bit of an old favs spot from me with a few that don't get play out enough.

Jerry Butler Moody Woman Mercury "Requested"

Billy Arnell Tough Girl Holly

Willie Mitchell That Driving Beat London

Adams Apples Don't Take It Out On This World Brunswick "Requested

Cal Tjader Soul Sauce Verve

Rain & Charity Brown Out Of My Mind Axe "Requested"

Total Eclipse Six O'clock Imperial Lp

The Five Stairsteps Playgirl's love Windy C

The Caualeers Dance Dance Dance Roulette

Lorraine Chandler Love You Baby Back Magic "Requested"

Reparata It's Waiting There For You Mala

Paul Anka When We Get There RCA

Barbra Cooper What's One More Tear RCA

Bob Brady / Con chords It's Been A Long Time Between Kisses Chariot

The Babies Hand Of Fate Dunhill

Howard Guyton I Watched You Slowly Slip Away Verve

Christine Kittrell Call His Name King

Plus others but I cant remember them Sorry
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Bit of an old favs spot from me with a few that don't get play out enough.

Jerry Butler Moody Woman Mercury "Requested"

Billy Arnell Tough Girl Holly

Willie Mitchell That Driving Beat London

Adams Apples Don't Take It Out On This World Brunswick "Requested

Cal Tjader Soul Sauce Verve

Rain & Charity Brown Out Of My Mind Axe "Requested"

Total Eclipse Six O'clock Imperial Lp

The Five Stairsteps Playgirl's love Windy C

The Caualeers Dance Dance Dance Roulette

Lorraine Chandler Love You Baby Back Magic "Requested"

Reparata It's Waiting There For You Mala

Paul Anka When We Get There RCA

Barbra Cooper What's One More Tear RCA

Bob Brady / Con chords It's Been A Long Time Between Kisses Chariot

The Babies Hand Of Fate Dunhill

Howard Guyton I Watched You Slowly Slip Away Verve

Christine Kittrell Call His Name King

Plus others but I cant remember them Sorry

Excellent set there mate, absolutely love the christine Kittrell :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Dont normally do this but had several reqests to do so,

1) Joe Mathews..........................................Shes my beauty Queen............Thelma

2) Montclairs..............................................Hey You......................................Arch

3) Jackie Day...........................................Naughty Boy.................................Phlectron

4) Rita and Tiaras...............................Gone with the Wind..........................Dore

5) Gambrells.........................................You better move.............................Carla

7) Arin Domain.....................................Silent Treatment............................Blue Star

8) Del Larks..........................................Job Opening.................................Queen City

9) Cashmeres......................................Showstopper..................................Hem

10)Four Tracks...............................Like my love for you............................Mandingo

11) Jackie Beavers..........................I need my Baby..................................Revilot

12) Sam Ward...................................Sister Lee.....................................Groove City

13) Anderson Bros........................ I can see Him Loving you..................GSF

14) Unique Blend..........................Yes Im in Love....................................Eastbound

15)Yvonne Vernee.........................Just Like you did me.........................Sonbert

16) Tomangoe,s.............................I really love you.....................................Washpan

17) Charles Johnson...............Never had a love so good.........................Alston

18)Silky Hargraves....................Keep Loving me.....................................Dearborn

19) Bob and Fred......................Im on my way......................................Big Mack

20) Jimmy Mcfarland.................Lonely Lover.......................................RPR

21) Danny Woods...................You had me fooled.................................Correctone

22) The Constellation...............I dont know about you..........................Gemini

23) Sam Williams.................Love slipped through my fingers...............Tower

24) Bobby Kline....................Say something nice................................MB

25)Delites................................Lover.......................................................Cuppy

26)AL Williams.......................I am Nothing............................................Palmer.

Nice little venue and an appreciative audience ,shame there were not a few more there.

Social source share

1) Joe Mathews..........................................Shes my beauty Queen............Thelma

2) Montclairs..............................................Hey You......................................Arch

3) Jackie Day...........................................Naughty Boy.................................Phlectron

4) Rita and Tiaras...............................Gone with the Wind..........................Dore

5) Gambrells.........................................You better move.............................Carla

7) Arin Domain.....................................Silent Treatment............................Blue Star

8) Del Larks..........................................Job Opening.................................Queen City

9) Cashmeres......................................Showstopper..................................Hem

10)Four Tracks...............................Like my love for you............................Mandingo

11) Jackie Beavers..........................I need my Baby..................................Revilot

12) Sam Ward...................................Sister Lee.....................................Groove City

13) Anderson Bros........................ I can see Him Loving you..................GSF

14) Unique Blend..........................Yes Im in Love....................................Eastbound

15)Yvonne Vernee.........................Just Like you did me.........................Sonbert

16) Tomangoe,s.............................I really love you.....................................Washpan

17) Charles Johnson...............Never had a love so good.........................Alston

18)Silky Hargraves....................Keep Loving me.....................................Dearborn

19) Bob and Fred......................Im on my way......................................Big Mack

20) Jimmy Mcfarland.................Lonely Lover.......................................RPR

21) Danny Woods...................You had me fooled.................................Correctone

22) The Constellation...............I dont know about you..........................Gemini

23) Sam Williams.................Love slipped through my fingers...............Tower

24) Bobby Kline....................Say something nice................................MB

25)Delites................................Lover.......................................................Cuppy

26)AL Williams.......................I am Nothing............................................Palmer.

Nice little venue and an appreciative audience ,shame there were not a few more there.

superb set smudge.....if that lot was on a cd there would be more great djs around lololol atb moldie

Social source share

a very nice set on ov vynal :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

its actually vinyl but defo all original

atb moldie

hows you nidge?

Hi Mick.....I knew some wise cracks would start............thats why I dont like posting playlists :sleep3:

Social source share

Hi Mick.....I knew some wise cracks would start............thats why I dont like posting playlists :sleep3:

hi smudge

everybody knows you are one of the top men for tunes....id be proud to be able to post a playlist like that and so would 95% of members on here

atb moldie

Social source share

Icing on the cake to a truly remarkable night of quality Soul music :thumbsup:

Social source share

Quality set mate most of us can only dream of playing a set like that. You forgot Pic and Bill my fave tune thanks again.

Social source share

I always rated 'long time between kisses' by bob brady but never heard it played ! Good spin caveman !!

It's a cracking tune well worth playing out as are plenty of b sides if only more dj's would have the nerve to give them a try, there are far to many play it safe bods out there.

Social source share

It WAS an awesome set Mr Smudgesmith :thumbsup: Al williams does it for me ...don`t hear that out & about too often ... :thumbsup:

Regards

Julie Moore (from soul-source) :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Julie Moore
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!