Bagasulph

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There is a 45 version by the joneses on Posse. I have it on a mix on my webpage, www.soulville.se/ljud/soulvillemix.rm, starts at about 27 minutes. Sounds very similar to GD & the big J version on Good if you ask me.

Social source share

There is a 45 version by the joneses on Posse. I have it on a mix on my webpage, www.soulville.se/ljud/soulvillemix.rm, starts at about 27 minutes. Sounds very similar to GD & the big J version on Good if you ask me.

Thanks mate - that's the one!

Now, where can I get me a copy!?

Social source share

It got a UK release too on Champagne (I think it was). As far as I'm aware all the versions are the same. Great record.

Hi Simon. The Joneses 12" is quite different from the 45, which is as said above, similar, but not exactly the same as the GD version. But yes, great record.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hardly surprising seeing as they are the same group :D .................Glen Dorsey & The Joneses = GD & The Big J :D It was released as both on GooD as well :(

Social source share

Hardly surprising seeing as they are the same group :D .................Glen Dorsey & The Joneses = GD & The Big J :D It was released as both on GooD as well :(

Never really compared the versions (and don't have the energy to do it now either), are there any noticable diffrences between them?

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Never really compared the versions (and don't have the energy to do it now either), are there any noticable diffrences between them?

Can't speak for your Posse version but both GooD issues are the same record

Social source share

Can't speak for your Posse version but both GooD issues are the same record

Alright...

might try and dig out a cd with the good version on and compare it with my posse record tomorrow...

Alright...

might try and dig out a cd with the good version on and compare it with my posse record tomorrow...

to see if it's even better :D Sorry... couldn't stop myself.

Social source share

Well I have just listened to the online mix and then my 45 of GD & Big J, I think that its a different male vocal.

Maybe the pc just sounds different? and its late and i had a beer watching football, but i think so.

Edited by Adrian
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Well I have just listened to the online mix and then my 45 of GD & Big J, I think that its a different male vocal.

Maybe the pc just sounds different? and its late and i had a beer watching football, but i think so.

I was being super stoopid.....didn't realise there was a soundclip!!! The Posse version by the Joneses is a different vocal and slightly different phrasing etc, the backing sounds very similar if not the same as you said Adrian

John

Social source share

I was being super stoopid.....didn't realise there was a soundclip!!! The Posse version by the Joneses is a different vocal and slightly different phrasing etc, the backing sounds very similar if not the same as you said Adrian

John

Phasing! that was the word I was looking for, nice one John. whistling.gif

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!