Margie Singleton - Never Let Go

This sound had an immediate impact on me ..but do you like me think the lady singing it is in her twilight years , after hearing it a few times I get this image of us all sitting in Parker Knolls swinging from side to side when she sings the bit ...now here we go

I would love to hear this by a younger artists , and no disrespect to who is singing it I bet in her prime she was awesome but I keep seeing a Gracie Fields type character singing this song ?

Has the speeding up attempt been made to make the voice sound younger ?

Whats your view ?

Edited by Carms
Social source share

• 3 years later...
10 hours ago, chalky said:

I was, Arthur plays it still occasionally. 

Thanks, at least it's in good hands

On 9 March 2012 at 13:25, Anais nin Carms said:

This sound had an immediate impact on me ..but do you like me think the lady singing it is in her twilight years , after hearing it a few times I get this image of us all sitting in Parker Knolls swinging from side to side when she sings the bit ...now here we go

I would love to hear this by a younger artists , and no disrespect to who is singing it I bet in her prime she was awesome but I keep seeing a Gracie Fields type character singing this song ?

Has the speeding up attempt been made to make the voice sound younger ?

Whats your view ?

I agree with you Carms, it's actually by a fine soul singer but there's something a bit square about it

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!