Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Spring)

>>>

<<<

And welcome to part 2 of SOULSOURCE RECORD CLUB 2012, "SPRING" :rofl:

Thanks to all of you who have contributed to the success of the SOULSOURCE RECORD CLUB,

And to the diverse eclectic soul mix that would and could only be done to this standard, by yourselves, :D to Kick Off the SPRING Collection I have chosen a CLASSIC UK Group of the 60s, and one of the great B sides of all time, Typical MOD R&B cover, so good it's BRILLOANT!!!

DECCA F-12332 the ANIMAL -"OUTCAST", Year 1966, Value £4 issue, DEMMO £15 Rated *****

I HOPE YOU DIG THIS, ALL YOU GROOVIATES, GREAT VOCAL POWER & BRILL BEAT 'N' RYTHEM :wicked:

TYPICAL TWISTED WHEEL CLUB SOUND :g: PLAY LOUD :thumbsup: THANKS DAVE K

post-13241-0-70547500-1331343141_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

"And to the diverse ecc;ectic soul mix that would and could only be done to this standard, by yourselves, :D to Kick Off the SPRING Collection I have chosen a CLASSIC UK Group of the 60s, and one of the great B sides of all time, Typical MOD R&B cover, so good it's BRILLOANT!!!

DECCA F-12332 the ANIMAL -"OUTCAST", Year 1966, Value £4 issue, DEMMO £15 Rated *****"

Also on the LP "Animalism" nice one!

This has also been a personal favourite, though I wonder whether they've sorted out their dance steps in the last 35 years....

The Joneses "hey baby"

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi to all you GROOVIATES .....YES that's my new name for collectors who have style!!!

Here's one from my MOTOWN Collection, YES! it's a bit TWEE, but good enough I think for you to listen to, as we all are aware, trying to find a top quality SOUL record on TAMLA MOTOWN is like ping into the wind? so I will just say here's a good Jr Walker & the All-Stars Record! issued in 1971 & getting a UK release in 1975 on TAMLA-MOTOWN TMG 889. i am sure that there is no G&W Demo, & I have not seen a B&Silver one??? this record as far as I am aware received no attention on the 2 SOUL scenes of the DAY,

However, as I say it may be a sleeper, as I have not seen many copies for sale, so at best this record may be a CAR BOOT FIND or CHARITY SHOP,

Jr Walker & the All-Stars - "don't forget the children" Value £1+ (worth more really) issue, Rated****

post-13241-0-79135100-1331428452_thumb.j

https://youtu.be/WxRWvnsedNE

• Helpful 3
Social source share

This afternoon's offering: Saw this ona sales list the other week so dug it out and gave it a 'relisten'. Haven't played it since the Sparrow Hawk do in Burnley around mid 90s. Great atmospheric builder that Mr Randazzo excelled so well at at. Check out the time on the 45..... :D Regards, Dave https://youtu.be/DhQEqcZtYdQ

Yeah, record labels would try and hoodwink the radio station producers back then into thinking their record was fitting of the "two minute thirty" rule that a lot of stations went for to try and fit their fast flowing concept!

Regarding the co-writer Tony May, often overlooked and under rated writer and producer from back then. The man who gave us Bessie Banks "I Can't Make It" and Geminis "Can't Let You Go" (also wrote under the name "A Cotto") I've seen his name in credits on a few Randazzo things. Tony moved into the engineering side of the business.

steve

Social source share

Yeah, record labels would try and hoodwink the radio station producers back then into thinking their record was fitting of the "two minute thirty" rule that a lot of stations went for to try and fit their fast flowing concept!

Regarding the co-writer Tony May, often overlooked and under rated writer and producer from back then. The man who gave us Bessie Banks "I Can't Make It" and Geminis "Can't Let You Go" (also wrote under the name "A Cotto") I've seen his name in credits on a few Randazzo things. Tony moved into the engineering side of the business.

steve

Yep - Give the man a ceeegar. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Yes it's a "Done To Death Oldie"

but still has to be in my top ten of all time

Go Dena !

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

The Poppies There's a pain in my Heart

If you want one

White Demo on Ebay finishing in Four hours !

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Cheaper the better eh Mate? This cost me 99c for a minty WDJ. Result! (Why can't they all be like that?!!) :lol:

Yea would save on falling out wi our lass for the last 30 years if all were cheap,unfortunately my taste is usually for dearer records nice though to get summat you love and cheap as well .Best Andy

Regards,

Dave

Social source share