Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Spring)

dthedrug

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THIS RECORD COULD NOT FIND IT ON YOUTUBE SO I UPLOADED IT.

BOUGHT THIS NICE POLYDOR DEMO FROM YOU GUESSED IT THE ASDA OF NORTHERN SOUL A FEW YEARS AGO

ATB KEV

Missed this earlier a great version use to play it by the Jaynettes in the 60's this is a more punchy version.

The other side used to get plays Lonely for you.

Regards

Brian

Edited by bri. phill
Social source share

Struggling to come round after Wilton anniversary last night,got to go do it all again at Taddy tonight............I keep telling myself I'll be fine after a beer(but we all know that's not true don't we)........I'm sorry to say I'm getting too old for two night's on the trot :(

So thought I'd choose something nice & mellow but oh so danceable.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A couple from Margie Evans today quite a voice range" You are to me "and" Your doing it "gritty no nonsense track

Andy

Where have I been?Never heard either of these before or even the artist..............I need to get out more :D

Both brilliant!!!

Cheer

Martyn

Social source share

My fears were well founded................two night on the trot & I'm well knackered but happy :D

Two great night's if both very different with Wilton playing some brilliant new & lesser played stuff & Tadcaster playing to a full venue of quality oldies with room for some imagination which was a pleasure to dj at.

Here's one that went down well with the dancer............Motown with a twist.

Wicked Lester-Gay With An E Club Tikka

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This mornings' offering: Another old school song from a much underated group that recently completed my Rex Garvin stuff on Demos. I suppose they'll always be associated on the Northern scene with "Sock It 'Em JB" which a great record but probably remembered as a youth club sound by many. Shame, because their other mid 60s stuff is top notch, driving dance music of the highest calibre. They then of course calmed their signature sound down a bit for "Queen of The Go Go" on Tower.

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/zkaASbg1Dts

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL It's been some time since I put a record up! so I have picked this classic, that I got from BUTCH at KEELE a few years ago, again at a unrealistic price of £4.

The 45 is by the INVERTS and I think that this copy is the 2nd issue? I am sure it was on a small label originally.

The title is !look out baby" on the great TOWER LABEL sub of CAPITAL RECORDS, TOWER #324. Rated **** Value £50 issue, not seen a DEMO of this but it exists so I would say £60? this is a classic record, and guaranteed to hit the spot. :rofl: DAVE

• Helpful 2
Social source share

'Inverts' Used to be a tenner off John Doe, or who ever john doe was..... its a weird record this, the vocal aint much but it's a strangely addictive 45... wish I had not sold it... :(

Had to run like a buggar through the tube system to get home tonight, had Patti Blasting Loud in my ears!! Unbelievable how fast this record can make you go,... Like a BAT OUT OF HELL!!

Mal.C

Edited by Mal.C.
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Had this years & have always loved it but it was always a tenner but recently has shot up in price but can't say I've heard it out loads.............has anyone???I'd love to as I think it's great but just can't work out why the price hike if it's not getting hammered.

Willie Hightower-Because I Love You Capitol

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share