Quite easy to come by nowadays, price wise I'd say £150 /£200 tops

but I have seen them as low as £70

Social source share

Hi everybody,

FREDERICK HYMES III Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favor-Fab Vegas 45

Current value, please? Any spare copy?

Thanks in advance

Jose :P

On aprevious thread I made my comment about this record.

The copies that are beeing spun about IMO are pressed up reissues based on discussion witha person in the states who knows the owner of the label

This person had aslo said to me that they had supplied dealers in Uk- The email exchanges were very heated.

I bought my copy off sam who had bought it some years back from Mr Manship at a price similar to his original value eg: Price guide version 2 or 3. 1000 pounds

If the copies being tauted are re-issues which I belive they are then why did said dealer reduce the price in his price guide.

The copy I have is heavier vinyl and the print definition very clear.

The reissues bootlegs whatever you want to call them have a sharp edge/light vinyl that you can see through if you hold up to the light and the print definition is not that clear

If anyone can find a record that has been reduced from 1000 pound to 200 (Apart from the one on allrite) I would be interested. whistling.gif

Social source share

On aprevious thread I made my comment about this record.

The copies that are beeing spun about IMO are pressed up reissues based on discussion witha person in the states who knows the owner of the label

This person had aslo said to me that they had supplied dealers in Uk- The email exchanges were very heated.

I bought my copy off sam who had bought it some years back from Mr Manship at a price similar to his original value eg: Price guide version 2 or 3. 1000 pounds

If the copies being tauted are re-issues which I belive they are then why did said dealer reduce the price in his price guide.

The copy I have is heavier vinyl and the print definition very clear.

The reissues bootlegs whatever you want to call them have a sharp edge/light vinyl that you can see through if you hold up to the light and the print definition is not that clear

If anyone can find a record that has been reduced from 1000 pound to 200 (Apart from the one on allrite) I would be interested. whistling.gif

What about the orange label copies ?

Social source share

laugh.gif

OK. The yellow copies then. Where are they from ?

THE SAME PLACE JUST BEEN IN THE SUN A BIT LONGER :D:P

YOU COULD ASLWAYS HAVE THE VINYL TESTED TO SEE HOW OLD IT IS

THEY TAKE A BIG CHUNK OUT OF YOUR RECORD

AND RUN IT THROUGH A MASS SPECTROMETER

THEN POUR IT BACK INTO THE HOLE IT CAME FROMM AND TELL YOU ITS A GENUINE 60,S VINYL.

DONT THEY

ASK ERNIE ANDREWS HIS MATE DOES IT FREE OF CHARGE.. HAHAHAHAHA

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

If anyone can find a record that has been reduced from 1000 pound to 200 (Apart from the one on allrite) I would be interested. laugh.gif

Ascots on American Playboy or "that" Dream Team 45 maybe :P ?

It is all down to supply and demand me thinks...a lot more records with new found quantities should have been decreased in price if this world would be operating the way it should....just think of all those Jackie Day 45s and a lot more titles in recent months / years where sellers AND buyers did exactly the opposite (ie kept the price up). Just my thought anyway.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Hi everybody,

FREDERICK HYMES III Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favor-Fab Vegas 45

Current value, please? Any spare copy?

Thanks in advance

Jose :D

Thanks evrybody

for the replies.

Best

Jadd ohmy.gif

Social source share

Thanks evrybody

for the replies.

Best

Jadd ohmy.gif

Jadd,

Did you get one? There's one on ebay at the moment item number 4805941002 which ends tomorrow evening. Its currently at $50 (just 1 bid)

Good luck

Kirsty

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Ascots on American Playboy or "that" Dream Team 45 maybe :wicked: ?

It is all down to supply and demand me thinks...a lot more records with new found quantities should have been decreased in price if this world would be operating the way it should....just think of all those Jackie Day 45s and a lot more titles in recent months / years where sellers AND buyers did exactly the opposite (ie kept the price up). Just my thought anyway.

Marc

Marc who on earth paid a grand for the Ascots. The price on that has been fairly steady for years with maybe the odd loon paying over the odds i'd have though more fitting accomplises would be things like the Oxford Knights, Noah etc etc :wicked::wicked:

Social source share

Guest Soulfood33
I think one or two of them DJ`s who played this tune fiorst (and before quantity hit the market). Tim had it in his first Rare Soul Review (dating from 2002?) still at 700 UKP if memory serves me right. Great record btw :yes:
Here you all go again guessing away, prodding around in the dark all hoping you may look smarter than the next dude. Giatino / Rosen found the owner of Fab Vegas label (just around the corner) hence hundreds of them hit the market, I've personally not noticed or come across two different presses BUT that could also have happened as a repress would seem the smart thing to do but just as likely it was the unsold stock the Richie & Joe turned up. But no way will you ever get a straight reply from Las Vegas two..so until someone gets hold of the two different presses at the same time the real differences can't be documented. On the Ascots front, John Anderson had quantity on this which were sold to Graig Moerer when John sold his stock as a wholea load. It used to turn up in Soul Bowl soul packs so that has never been rare unless you live in Germany.. On the Jackie day if that's common why hasn't hardly anyone got copy.. does that include you Mark, certainly includes the majority who use these pages. Very easy to knock down rare records you don 't own and are unlikely to.. shame really as these pages could be used to spread knowledge not knocking other peoples purchases and choices of purchase and the money they pay. One thing is very evident is that the most active "knockers" don't have great collections or have great recorfds to sell, and also are not that well informed...harsh but true.
Social source share

....On the Ascots front, John Anderson had quantity ......It used to turn up in Soul Bowl soul packs so that has never been rare unless you live in Germany.. On the Jackie day if that's common why hasn't hardly anyone got copy.. does that include you Mark, certainly includes the majority who use these pages. Very easy to knock down rare records you don 't own and are unlikely to.. ...don't have great collections or have great recorfds to sell, and also are not that well informed...harsh but true.

Hi Mr /Mrs Soulfood,

although I don`t live in England I used to get John Andersons lists and even did order some records off him back in the eighties, even a pack here and there was included. But I did not get the Ascots 45. Shame on me maybe, but certainly nth to do with me being German, more a thing of fate and maybe lack of accquired knowledge back in the day...not everyone was born a genius already like you seem to have been, you know ?

I never said that Jackie Day was a common 45, all I said was that I am somehow bewondered that the West Coast thing (so far) hasn`t been reflected in its actual recent resale / auction prices. However, while talking about this 45 and my Terry Goodnight on Phelelectron (which must be quite common as I don`t own a good collection...) with John Manship he himself had to admit that he never ever had this (Terry Goodnight) for sale. So you make out of that whatever you like.

I haven`t and will not knock down rare records (wether I do own them or not). Never done so in the past, don`t know how you come to say so. In fact I do even own a copy of the Ascots btw...but thats of course a dead common record again, so you must be right with your final statement "don't have great collections or have great recorfds to sell, and also are not that well informed...harsh but true."

A genius as as I have already had guessed before.

Marc Forrest

NB

What is your real name btw ?

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Here you all go again guessing away, prodding around in the dark all hoping you may look smarter than the next dude. Giatino / Rosen found the owner of Fab Vegas label (just around the corner) hence hundreds of them hit the market, I've personally not noticed or come across two different presses BUT that could also have happened as a repress would seem the smart thing to do but just as likely it was the unsold stock the Richie & Joe turned up. But no way will you ever get a straight reply from Las Vegas two..so until someone gets hold of the two different presses at the same time the real differences can't be documented. On the Ascots front, John Anderson had quantity on this which were sold to Graig Moerer when John sold his stock as a wholea load. It used to turn up in Soul Bowl soul packs so that has never been rare unless you live in Germany.. On the Jackie day if that's common why hasn't hardly anyone got copy.. does that include you Mark, certainly includes the majority who use these pages. Very easy to knock down rare records you don 't own and are unlikely to.. shame really as these pages could be used to spread knowledge not knocking other peoples purchases and choices of purchase and the money they pay. One thing is very evident is that the most active "knockers" don't have great collections or have great recorfds to sell, and also are not that well informed...harsh but true.

if gonna start slagging this site, its members, the way they use it ,where they live and so on

then at least do the right thing and post your actual name up or join up under a real username

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!