New Range In Record Mailers

No wonder the posties card said too large for the letterbox!

Collected this monster mailer this morning, completely dwarfs the 45 it carried.

One of many less than inventive ways by which US sellers have shipped me 45's recently, I suppose this one was guaranteed to be safe and sound given the 14 crumpled newspapers padding it out, whereas the 2 pieces of chip board covered in bubble wrap that arrived the week before left me with a sense of dread for the wellbing of that treasured vinyl, thank C****T for that paper sleeve.

post-11820-0-41572100-1331589255_thumb.j

Edited by SoulfulSolutions
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest allnightandy

Know wonder the posties card said too large for the letterbox!

Collected this monster mailer this morning, completely dwarfs the 45 it carried.

One of many less than inventive ways by which US sellers have shipped me 45's recently, I suppose this one was guaranteed to be safe and sound given the 14 crumpled newspapers padding it out, whereas the 2 pieces of chip board covered in bubble wrap that arrived the week before left me with a sense of dread for the wellbing of that treasured vinyl, thank C****T for that paper sleeve.

post-11820-0-41572100-1331589255_thumb.j

Maybe they get charged for the amount of rubbish they put in the bin

so it's cheaper to box it up and send it over here ! :D

Social source share

not the cheapest, but the safest way to ship is actually to double box, for example, you put the 45 in a regular, well packed / padded mailer, then put it in a larger box filled with styrofoam peanuts. it's how you're suppposed to ship 78s. I wouldn't even consider it for 45s unless it was a 4-figure record, but I have gotten a few packed that way.

Social source share

not the cheapest, but the safest way to ship is actually to double box, for example, you put the 45 in a regular, well packed / padded mailer, then put it in a larger box filled with styrofoam peanuts. it's how you're suppposed to ship 78s. I wouldn't even consider it for 45s unless it was a 4-figure record, but I have gotten a few packed that way.

This almost sounds like the way the guys @ dub mart record store in Japan send their 45s. They truly mastered the art of record packing :yes:

Social source share

I think I'm about to get one of these. I won a US post only record and then the guy asked me what the postage would be, I said between 6 and 10 dollars normally.

He emailed me yesterday complaining that the cheapest service he could find was $37 - so he's either sent it tracked, insured and signed for (and I'll get a VAT bill) or its in a very large box.

I've offered to pay the extra postage but he said its OK, so I also think that the record is going to be trashed when I get it - it was described as "in excellent shape" - so round then?

The joys of record buying

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!