Combinations What 'cha Gonna Do On Kellmac

snooky

Wasn't there a thread discussing this not long ago?

I thought £3000 or more wouldn't be unreasonable, and yes that is £'s and not $'s

Social source share

More than dog rare i would say.......before this one surfaced only 2 known copies.

Mick H has one, as for the other i dont know......... incredibly rare chune and feckin awesome as well!!

there are more than 2 known copies, I have a copy of the combinations and in some other thread a year or two like 3-4 people noted other copies.

Social source share

there are more than 2 known copies, I have a copy of the combinations and in some other thread a year or two like 3-4 people noted other copies.

still very rare btw and i am not lying or trying to talk to the price down (seller is my friend).

Social source share

Funnily enough, i was asking around about this a couple of weeks ago, was told Tim Brown had one, cant remember the other name mentioned and the price i was qoted was £10 - £15000, like Phil i'd love to own it before i die, but i'd have to die to be able to afford it.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

that is not the combinations on kellmac. that is the "bump ball" group.

Ooops, strange two groups with the same name should both record a track called What cha gonna do....

Social source share

Ooops, strange two groups with the same name should both record a track called What cha gonna do....

Thanks, I did not notice that. However, I'm still pretty sure it's a different group, the writer they claim for that song is different that the combinations kellmac 45 and the combinations on kellmac is a mixed male/female (and most likely Black) group. I also think they are not related to the georgia combinations on Kimtone.

Social source share

i notice the other kellmac rareitie is on the bay aswell,doesnt seem to be getting the same bidding attention,equally as rare and equally a great northern tune too.

cods..she's fire

do you have the link as i can't seem to find it?.....great record btw!!!

Social source share

i notice the other kellmac rareitie is on the bay aswell,doesnt seem to be getting the same bidding attention,equally as rare and equally a great northern tune too.

cods..she's fire

I was hoping to use that one as an example to prove how posting up links to rare items on ebay ,actually does affect the price ...and spoil it for those who had any chance of bagging something under the radar :(

Whilst everyone was drooling over the combinations being oh so rare and on ebay and nudging $3000+ ...i was sat sn*****ing at the fact an even rarer item on the same label ,with less time to go ,was only at $112 !

For all those people who arent rolling in it ,but often dream of bagging a biggie at a bargain price..forget it ,weve now got EBAY WATCH :facepalm:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Imagine if you'd won the lottery last weekend - you'd be going in full tilt on all three.

Joel mate ..if i'd won the lottery last weekend..the last thing i'd be doing is buying records !

I'd be too busy seeing the world and lapping up what luxury's it has to offer :wicked:

Social source share

I'd love to say the same sir - but i am actually sad enough that i'd been sat thinking about the black gold first. I'm not proud of it.

Don't worry mate...im not totally selfish ..i'd put some money towards a clinic for people with vinyl addiction ,and employ Paul Mckenna to convince you all to just give me your vinyl :lol:

Edited by NEV
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I honestly thought and still do that there are only 2 known combinations, but hey flick a tic tac and all that.

Do all of you now still believe that Northern Soul/ Soul whatever you like to call it is NOT as rare as we once thought it was since the advent of the internet, i know i don't, it cant be can it??

In the great scheme of things the 45's are still seriously rare just not as so rare as was once thought.

Social source share

I was hoping to use that one as an example to prove how posting up links to rare items on ebay ,actually does affect the price ...and spoil it for those who had any chance of bagging something under the radar :(

Whilst everyone was drooling over the combinations being oh so rare and on ebay and nudging $3000+ ...i was sat sn*****ing at the fact an even rarer item on the same label ,with less time to go ,was only at $112 !

For all those people who arent rolling in it ,but often dream of bagging a biggie at a bargain price..forget it ,weve now got EBAY WATCH :facepalm:

to be honest nev with this example it was always going to go through the roof anyway. 0% chance of getting this cheap IMO.

Social source share

Nev, you aren't taking into account all of the people who don't actually look at anything on Ebay except "ending soonest" - so me, for instance, I wouldn't have seen that COD's until the last day of it's auction. I have no idea what's on Ebay while the auctions are ongoing, just the last 24 hours. Saves me spending a week fretting about it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I don't disagree that loads and loads of records sell far cheaper than there quality or rarity would suggest they should and it obviously helps a great deal if people don't go raising the profile of those records while auctions are still live but not something as high profile as the combinations.

My collecting is very slow at the moment as I have 3 young ones now and there is not the kind of disposable income that there was a few years ago.

Most of the "how much will this sell for" threads are at very obvious 45s. I started one myself recently. Prehaps i'm the reason its now at 1600USD and not the $10 it started at :D

I wouldn't start a thread on a semi known or unknown while an auction was live. Unless it was me or a friend selling it.

Social source share

Nev, you aren't taking into account all of the people who don't actually look at anything on Ebay except "ending soonest" - so me, for instance, I wouldn't have seen that COD's until the last day of it's auction. I have no idea what's on Ebay while the auctions are ongoing, just the last 24 hours. Saves me spending a week fretting about it.

same here but I also do a highest price first search to see where the big money action is. Just out of curiosity more than anything.

Social source share

eBay is a glorified search engine ,which loosely means ,it really depends on how well a seller lists his item,as to how many people are attracted to it .

Chris Carnahan listed the combinations as Northern soul ,which means he is gonna reach a wider audience because people in general whittle their search down to certain things ... Northern soul .... Records ... 45's etc etc .

But the guy who listed C.O.D's lists as the artist ,song details ,so his audience is more limited .

I also checked the eBay ,most popular window on here and until today ,the C.O.D's was not even on the radar .

So maybe ,just maybe .. someone was gonna get a copy of C.O.D's for a lot less than market value ?

I wasn't after it ,but I know someone who was ,so I'm disappointed for him that his chance of owning it has probs gone now :(

What's that old saying ??

Ah yes "patience is a virtue " :)

Social source share

Trouble is Nev, the serious bidders don't bid records up like the people who have already been at it. These are the people that piss me off. They just do it so they can say they were winning it at one time. Anyone with a brain cell will employ a sniper.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I honestly thought and still do that there are only 2 known combinations, but hey flick a tic tac and all that.

Do all of you now still believe that Northern Soul/ Soul whatever you like to call it is NOT as rare as we once thought it was since the advent of the internet, i know i don't, it cant be can it??

In the great scheme of things the 45's are still seriously rare just not as so rare as was once thought.

Must agree with this statement. The super rare 45's that have been through ebay in the last 2 years.....I never thought to see Mr. Lucky and Esther Grant to name just two. Mr Lucky was dirt cheap, I nearly bought it just to sell on.

Social source share

Trouble is Nev, the serious bidders don't bid records up like the people who have already been at it. These are the people that piss me off. They just do it so they can say they were winning it at one time. Anyone with a brain cell will employ a sniper.

Not true. I don't use a sniper yet I regularly bid often, bid early and bid high. I win some, I lose some.

I've used this technique since I first went on eBay about 15 years ago.

Phil

Edited by phild
Social source share

And let me guess ,you never get em cheap ?

It's too late and the explanation is too long ,but in short ,if you used a sniper and set it at the same price you would put in under your old rules ,you would probs win it for less !

Social source share

And let me guess ,you never get em cheap ?

It's too late and the explanation is too long ,but in short ,if you used a sniper and set it at the same price you would put in under your old rules ,you would probs win it for less !

I've given up on getting records cheap these days.

I'm just glad to get them. I never pay more than I'm prepared to but often more than I'd like to.

Just life innit?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!