Nate Evans - This Time With Feeling

I have two copies of "Nate Evans & Buss" both these copies are okay

and not pressed off center,does anyone know why the name change from "Buss" to "Mean Green" ?,

sorry not for sale as i need both to make one copy,A side good/B side poor on one,A side poor/B side good on the other :)

Dave f......

Edited by Dave Fleming
Social source share

Nate Evans & Buss - £150

Nate Evans & Mean Green £50

I think a lot of the Buss copies are pressed off centre which may be why the other press came out

My copy of Buss plays fine on both sides, nothing off-centre. The explanation of group name from Buss to Mean Green being due to a possible mis-press seems a bit odd. Why change the name due to a pressing fault ?

The UK demand for this drove the Mean Green re-press (legal or otherwise ?), which looked very close to the 1st press, and the reason I bought a Buss copy to be certain.

Social source share

For some reason I haven't been able to find a copy yet. I even found a PICTURE of nate evans which is impossible to find (it was used in the numero twinight CD). Does anyone have the cheaper one for sale? Thanks.

dont worry Bob we have a saying in England WHEN WAITING FOR A BUSS 3 COME ALONG AT ONCE :huh: i'll get my coat :cheese1:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

For some reason I haven't been able to find a copy yet. I even found a PICTURE of nate evans which is impossible to find (it was used in the numero twinight CD). Does anyone have the cheaper one for sale? Thanks.

Bob ...you really need to be more vigilant on the bay

A copy went thru a few weeks back ..albeit a vg/vg+ copy https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item19ce30037c&item=110833435516&nma=true&pt=Music_on_Vinyl&rt=nc&si=%252F4T9sJr1K%252FebRfZmBhOxe3ZW6lU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Very cheap indeed ..so not sure about the big demand on this one ?

Social source share

My copy of Buss plays fine on both sides, nothing off-centre. The explanation of group name from Buss to Mean Green being due to a possible mis-press seems a bit odd. Why change the name due to a pressing fault ?

The UK demand for this drove the Mean Green re-press (legal or otherwise ?), which looked very close to the 1st press, and the reason I bought a Buss copy to be certain.

Here's a complete guess."Buss" disbanded with member /members leaving,and the renamed "Mean Green" became to new backing band.(Money complications involving the re-issue.)

Edited by KevH
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Here's a complete guess."Buss" disbanded with member /members leaving,and the renamed "Mean Green" became to new backing band.(Money complications involving the re-issue.)

I bought a mean green one from someone here, thanks so much. Nev, I think I did bid on that record. I don't think mean green or buss were his band, I think it was just made up for the record. In Gary, IN Nate Evans was the singer for the band the Fabulous Kings, who later had a modern soul 45 in about 1980 (long after Nate left). Thanks everyone.

Social source share

Bob ...you really need to be more vigilant on the bay

A copy went thru a few weeks back ..albeit a vg/vg+ copy https://cgi.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

Very cheap indeed ..so not sure about the big demand on this one ?

Glad you posted that up, I was a bit shocked to think the mean green one was going for £50, I thought £15 :lol:

I'm well out of touch!

Rooted mine out for a sale later this month :thumbsup:

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Guest Brett F

I've both copies, personally cannot stand the 'Feeling' side, but love the flip, and it's my favourite of all the versions, not sure on off centre pressings, mines spot on and mint, Nev's right about the recent ebay sale, very cheap, not that easy to come by....

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I have two copies of "Nate Evans & Buss" both these copies are okay

and not pressed off center,does anyone know why the name change from "Buss" to "Mean Green" ?,

sorry not for sale as i need both to make one copy,A side good/B side poor on one,A side poor/B side good on the other :)

Dave f......

It,s because they used to get the BUS from MEAN GREEN......but that route was stopped so they were left high and dry at mean green................that,s in solihull by the way

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert