artist/title question

This is probably an elementary question for all you soul junkies.

Does anyone know the name of the track and artist from the main sample in the Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock tune "It takes two".

You know the one, with the intro "Hey fellas, I'm talking to you, you and you too"

and the chorus "It Takes two to make a thing go right; It takes two to make it out of sight"

I've got a recording of it on a CD that someone gave me, but I want to know the name of the artist so i can find more of their work.

Cheers in advance.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston - It takes two?

Havent heard the Rob Base tune, but those sound like the Lyrics from that classic motown tune.

Social source share

I don't think that's right I'm afraid. It's not a duet, just one woman singing,. I would have noticed Marvin had he been on it. It starts with an acappella and once the bands starts you can't stop dancing.

Social source share

cheers damien. I've put that name into google, and it looks like you're right. "Think about it" is my second favourite record of all time, and now I finally know its name. Now I just have to find some more records by the same artist. My quest is just beginning!

Social source share

If you like the Lynn Collins, check out Vicki Anderson's 'No More Heartaches, No More Pain' on King. Another Jim Brown track. A murderously good record. Hard as nails and cheap as chips. Amazed the funk scene hasn't picked up on this. It's incredible. And cheap as chips. Even Ovenchips has it for a tenner!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert