Dj Genesis - Tribute To Betty - 12''

RMG

BACK IN STOCK, FROM DETROIT:

DJ GENESIS feat: ELVERIA - TRIBUTE TO BETTY (TONIGHT) - SUBGROUNDZ RECORDS - 12'' US IMPORT - £7.99

(CURRENT BIGGIE FOR SOUL SAM)

GRAB A LISTEN

37815.gif

TO ORDER:

EMAIL - robgrant@blueyonder.co.uk

TEL: 01324 634478

ROBBIE GRANT

CHAMAR

WINDSOR ROAD

FALKIRK

FK1 5EJ

CHEQUES & CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED...VISA, MASTERCARD ETC.

Regards,

Robbie.

Edited by RMG
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 24
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don't usually buy these modern 12" singles but with Dj Genesis and the recent Vince Montana things are slowly changing.

Keep them coming Mr. Grant :(

Still not found me that Rob Shepherd 12"(teuchter mix) though have you :(:)

soulmac.

Hmmmm John.....getting worried about you mate, you're not going all modern dance on me are you :( , you just can't be a chin stroker and a house 12" fan at the same time can you :(:):(

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

BACK IN STOCK, FROM DETROIT:

DJ GENESIS feat: ELVERIA - TRIBUTE TO BETTY (TONIGHT) - SUBGROUNDZ RECORDS - 12'' US IMPORT - £7.99

(CURRENT BIGGIE FOR SOUL SAM)

GRAB A LISTEN

37815.gif

TO ORDER:

EMAIL - robgrant@blueyonder.co.uk

TEL: 01324 634478

ROBBIE GRANT

CHAMAR

WINDSOR ROAD

FALKIRK

FK1 5EJ

CHEQUES & CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED...VISA, MASTERCARD ETC.

Regards,

Robbie.

Finally got round to getting this, great track.

well worth a buy before Sam single handledly saves the Modern scene with this track!! whistling.gif

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

This is going Massive... Sam does it again.... all the crossover needed for the northern room, gonna be bigger than Troy me thinks, buy yourselves a copy the price has already gone up in some places (venues)

"Sam does it again.........................................................." biggrin.gif

Much as we all respect Sam there a lot of djs on the Soulful Dance scene who played this record nearly 18 months ago. I always forget that until the northern scene thinks a tune is good it is generally dismissed as that "disco/house/garage" rubbish.

Lots more modern tunes out there to buy right now - but if you wait another two years you will be able to pay 3 or 4 times their current value. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Much as we all respect Sam there a lot of djs on the Soulful Dance scene who played this record nearly 18 months ago. I always forget that until the northern scene thinks a tune is good it is generally dismissed as that "disco/house/garage" rubbish.

lets face it the "northern seen" (sic) picks up up on 1 in every 150 good new releases and waits ten years for the other 149. biggrin.gif

Social source share

lets face it the "northern seen" (sic) picks up up on 1 in every 150 good new releases and waits ten years for the other 149. :yes:

and how many new 6ts discoverys does any "modern room" play

Social source share

get to hear a fair few in ones i go to, walk in some northern rooms and chance of hearing stuff from all eras and all styles of soul

sunday mike

Get to hear a fair few in the ones we go to as well Mike, Re the "modern/crossover" plays coming over into the northern rooms, I think its cos we like em to mature a bit, like a vintage chedder whistling.gif:yes:

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

The best song I've heard all year that tackles the theme "lost virginity"

Good record.....worth every penny .... :yes:

I JUST WONDERED HOW MANY PEOPLE REALIZE ITS A COVER OF BETTY WRIGHT`S "TONIGHTS THE NIGHT"? [THE OTHER SIDE OF "SHOORAH,SHOORAH"] FROM THE EARLY 70S. IT`S AN OKAY VERSION BUT TYPICALLY AINT A PATCH ON THE ORIGINAL.NOW WHERE HAVE WE HEARD THAT BEFORE! OR IS IT JUST ME? I RECKON THE VINCE MONTANA PISSES ALL OVER IT,[AND THAT IS A `NEW` SONG!] ,ALL THE BEST,IVOR JONES whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Can anyone put Betty's version up here s

THING IS, ITS NOT A DANCER, JUST A GREAT SOUL RECORD,SO PROBABLY NOT FOR MANY ON THE SCENE. IF I KNEW HOW TO PUT SOUND CLIPS UP I`D DO IT MYSELF! ER, BUT I DONT.DOH!

IVOR JONES whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest marco i

Can anyone put Betty's version up here so we can hear it?

You can hear it on The Soul Club:

https://the.soulclub.org/sounds/Betty_Wrigh...Is_The_Night.rm

I've got a live version by Betty Wright on a 7" which has louder bass and it'is a little quicker (but I don't have a clip of that). It sounds a step closer to the Dj Genesis re-edit... would be nice to play but it has got the crowd noise recorded as well... pity!

Marco

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

You can hear it on The Soul Club:

https://the.soulclub.org/sounds/Betty_Wrigh...Is_The_Night.rm

I've got a live version by Betty Wright on a 7" which has louder bass and it'is a little quicker (but I don't have a clip of that). It sounds a step closer to the Dj Genesis re-edit... would be nice to play but it has got the crowd noise recorded as well... pity!

Marco

THANKS FOR THAT GEEZER! I JUST LISTENED TO EM BACK TO BACK AGAIN AND THERES NO CONTEST. IM NOT GOING MAD. YET! BETTY`S ORIGINAL IS THE ONE. IVOR JONES

Social source share

Betty's live version of Tonight Is The Night is the one to have. It's far, far superior to the studio cut: in fact one of the best 'live' soul recordings ever in my opinion. As I've mentioned here before the mesmeric bass line has already been lifted by numerous other records, most famously Color Me Badd's excerable pop hit "I Wanna Sex You Up".

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!