Peanut Duck

Guest sharmo 1

Neither the vocal or instrumental were released officially.

Hi Chalky hope you and Dyno boy are both o.k didn't peanut duck get a proper legit release on Pennimon (spelling ? ) out of Spain or Italy or something granted it was only a few years ago and not around the 1965 time frame , but again very legit as it went through top notch distributors in the U.K.with a picture sleeve aparantly with Marsha Gee almost showing Her jug's ?.Whilst we're on the subject where did the original acetate come from I was alway's lead to believe it was one of Gilly's find's , spun by Butch (?) then came out on Joker records that is obviously a boot , i could do with some insight into this as it was a almost heated discussion at Mark and Liz Johnson's Derby night last Sat , See you at Skeggy ? best regards Simon.

Social source share

Cheers for the replies lads. I've got the 'Joker' boot of this but would love to hear the instrumental as vocal does get annoying after a while. Did the instrumental come out on any dodgy formats?

Regarding the penniman (?) release I doubt it's Marsha Gee on the picture cover as actual singer was uncredited??

Probably one of the best backing tracks laid down IMHO.

Best wishes,

Dave

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Hi Simon, the Joker bootleg credits 'Gilly/Jilly' as the 'writers and 'Butch' music as the publisher so you're probably right mate.

Best,

Dave

Hi Dave you keep repeating youself mate regards Simon.

Social source share

Au up pal. Looking forward to a catchup at Skeggy.

Didn't the acetate come from John Vincent? I'm not sure about the foreign release? I wasn't aware of a legit release but could be wrong.

Au up pal. Looking forward to a catchup at Skeggy.

Didn't the acetate come from John Vincent? I'm not sure about the foreign release? I wasn't aware of a legit release but could be wrong.

Social source share

Hi Chalky hope you and Dyno boy are both o.k didn't peanut duck get a proper legit release on Pennimon (spelling ? ) out of Spain or Italy or something granted it was only a few years ago and not around the 1965 time frame , but again very legit as it went through top notch distributors in the U.K.with a picture sleeve aparantly with Marsha Gee almost showing Her jug's ?.Whilst we're on the subject where did the original acetate come from I was alway's lead to believe it was one of Gilly's find's , spun by Butch (?) then came out on Joker records that is obviously a boot , i could do with some insight into this as it was a almost heated discussion at Mark and Liz Johnson's Derby night last Sat , See you at Skeggy ? best regards Simon.

Released in 2005 on the Penniman label .

Social source share

Not one of mine Simon and the first i remember it been played was by Mr Darge.The writers credits Gilly/jilly that was myself and Kebs first wife it was just put on for a laugh
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

The very first allnighter I went to in Glenrothes Keb Darge was djing, I asked him what was the name of the track playing and he told

me it was called' The Dance Track'.

In my innocence I asked how much he wanted for it, he laughed and told me that it was an acetate and not for sale.

After all these years it looks like the ' mystery ' track has been revealed.

Nick.

Social source share

Circa '87 as a young mod I bagged it on the Joker boot. There have been a few threads about this on here (link Chalky?) last I heard this was residing in an old mod mate's collection - 'Dirty' Dom Bassett. Very dear friend and all round good guy although lost touch. If anyone has contact details please pm me. I could tell you a few stories....

Rich

Social source share

You've got a better claim, you're American!

yeah, although that makes me easier to sue so I would take on more liability

someone told me that they saw a "licensed from goldmine soul supply" on some huge triphop album, like portishead or something... anyone know what track / artist that might be?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!