Blog / Website For Uk Label Collectors

Pete S

If anyone is interested, I've started a new website which basically is just an excuse to post up scans of interesting records, but I'm also going to review each one and share some "interesting" facts about each record, comments are enabled so anyone can join in, you can subscribe to get informed of updates (these will be daily) and you can have a look at some records while drinking your morning cuppa so here is the address

https://lostvinylgems...blogspot.co.uk/

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

HI Pete

Looks nice

Do you fancy doing any 45s with big holes in 'em? :D

Cheers

Richard

Nah - there's enough of that sort of thing around already - just want to make this about UK labels which is my main interest, but not just Northern, I want feature "interesting" records, break out of the restrictions sort of thing

Social source share

Nah - there's enough of that sort of thing around already - just want to make this about UK labels which is my main interest, but not just Northern, I want feature "interesting" records, break out of the restrictions sort of thing

I'm with you on that Pete - keep up the excellant work - can't get enough of 'interesting'

Social source share

Interesting that the Five Counts has the title 'watermelon walk' instead of MAN...is this the flip?

Er, well it's nothing to do with Watermelon Man, hence it being called something different :lol:

This is a sleazy instrumental which they now call a "tittyshaker"

Social source share

Sorry, one last point here; the records on the blog are all mine, they are not nicked from anyone else's website or scans. Except, that is, for the Cajun Hart issue, which I've never had (hopefully this situation may be resolved soon) so I had to include that one.

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Pete

Did you ever come across this "Lost Vinyl Gem of the 60's"

This was our top local group when I was a kid. They played under the name Marvin Lois Enterprise and were one of the best R&B covers bands I ever saw.

Changed their name to the Shell when they got their recording contract with EMI. We were in "seventh heaven". Certain they were going to be the next Beatles. But sadly didn't happen. :( Obviously EMI pulled them out of their real comfort zone which was soul/R&B.

With a slightly different line up they played a couple of times at the Twisted Wheel, so you can tell that they were a quality outfit.

There - said my piece. Hope you don't hate it.

P.S. Random piece of useless information - I believe it was the first ever single produced by (Sir) Tim Rice.

P.P.S. It's Columbia 8082

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

Pete

Did you ever come across this "Lost Vinyl Gem of the 60's"

This was our top local group when I was a kid. They played under the name Marvin Lois Enterprise and were one of the best R&B covers bands I ever saw.

Changed their name to the Shell when they got their recording contract with EMI. We were in "seventh heaven". Certain they were going to be the next Beatles. But sadly didn't happen. :( Obviously EMI pulled them out of their real comfort zone which was soul/R&B.

With a slightly different line up they played a couple of times at the Twisted Wheel, so you can tell that they were a quality outfit.

There - said my piece. Hope you don't hate it.

P.S. Random piece of useless information - I believe it was the first ever single produced by (Sir) Tim Rice.

P.P.S. It's Columbia 8082

Cheers for that, have to say I don't think I've ever come across it before, sounds - not being rude - quite dated for a 67/68 production though? More like a 64/65 type beat thing.

Social source share

keep a copy of everything you write in a word document, just in case, or do a mirror of your blog, one with and one without.

a blog like dereks daily 45 https://dereksdaily45.blogspot.co.uk/ uses divshare.

you can get enough free storage without paying out. https://www.divshare....g?ref=menu_home

you could even put some up for sale on there.

Well I've got a divshare account already. Think the only problem is, it starts to become a lot of work when really it's just meant to be something to look at over a cup of coffee. If I was missus, kids and dog free I'd really give it a go. That's not wishful thinking before anyone says anything!

On Derek's Daily thing, does he just get an embed code off divshare and paste it in?

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

OK just done today's update, added records by:

ALAN FREED ROCK 'N ROLL BAND

JAY & THE AMERICANS

SAMANTHA JONES

THE SHEVELLS

GARNET MIMMS

ANDY ELLISON

SUGAR SIMONE

THE 3 DEGREES

THE ROCKY FELLERS

GARY BENSON

DAVID BOWIE WITH THE LOWER THIRD

THE SOUL AGENTS

CLEM CURTIS

TONY KEELING

THE STRANGE BROS. SHOW

LINDA LEWIS

THE CHANTELLES

PERPETUAL LANGLEY

also done some reviews and added some youtube clips

Remember, the entire contents are on the right of the page or you can click 'older posts' down the bottom to see more entries

https://lostvinylgemsofthe60s.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All....I have to go on record about this BLOG, To state to the Public, that I am so impressed with Pete's BLOG, that he must be congratulated for this venture, the site is true in style and taste of many record collectors, who are passionate about collecting UK Rare records, in particular is the eclectic composition and interpretation, of what unusual, obscure, and almost impossible to locate in the 21st Century,

Like most things that Pete does, it is of a high standard, for all those who purchased the BEATIN RYTHM Fanzine (by far the best fanzine to be aimed at the Rare Soul punter, EVER!) I hope, in fact I insist that you all take time out and read it on a regular basis.

CONGRATULATIONS PETE, :thumbup: DAVE KILWORTH

post-13241-0-09498400-1333159237_thumb.jpost-13241-0-56322800-1333159337_thumb.j

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All....I have to go on record about this BLOG, To state to the Public, that I am so impressed with Pete's BLOG, that he must be congratulated for this venture, the site is true in style and taste of many record collectors, who are passionate about collecting UK Rare records, in particular is the eclectic composition and interpretation, of what unusual, obscure, and almost impossible to locate in the 21st Century,

Like most things that Pete does, it is of a high standard, for all those who purchased the BEATIN RYTHM Fanzine (by far the best fanzine to be aimed at the Rare Soul punter, EVER!) I hope, in fact I insist that you all take time out and read it on a regular basis.

CONGRATULATIONS PETE, :thumbup: DAVE KILWORTH

post-13241-0-09498400-1333159237_thumb.jpost-13241-0-56322800-1333159337_thumb.j

Thanks Dave! Just the sort of encouragement I need.

I shall be round your house to take some record photos soon!

Social source share

Updated today with the following...

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE LOST VINYL GEMS OF THE 60'S BLOG TODAY:

THE YOUTH

NITA ROSSI

AMOS MILBURN

THE BLENDELLS

JIMMY HOLIDAY

JOHNNY NASH

BARRY GRAY ORCHESTRA

FIRST GEAR

RED HURLEY & THE COLOURS

LEON YOUNG STRINGS

FIVE AND A PENNY

SHIRLEY JACKSON

THE THREE QUARTERS

BARRY ST. JOHN

MARIAN ANGEL

PAUL KORDA

SHADES OF BLUE

Social source share

OK just done today's update, added records by:

ALAN FREED ROCK 'N ROLL BAND

JAY & THE AMERICANS

SAMANTHA JONES

THE SHEVELLS

GARNET MIMMS

ANDY ELLISON

SUGAR SIMONE

THE 3 DEGREES

THE ROCKY FELLERS

GARY BENSON

DAVID BOWIE WITH THE LOWER THIRD

THE SOUL AGENTS

CLEM CURTIS

TONY KEELING

THE STRANGE BROS. SHOW

LINDA LEWIS

THE CHANTELLES

PERPETUAL LANGLEY

also done some reviews and added some youtube clips

Remember, the entire contents are on the right of the page or you can click 'older posts' down the bottom to see more entries

https://lostvinylgems...blogspot.co.uk/

My favourite days update so far :thumbup:

Social source share

Brilliant job Pete.

Really enjoyable.

Just like looking through a huge pile of old British 45's.

No feeling on earth quite like it!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Thanks Sean - that's exactly what it's meant to be. I shall keep adding to it until I run out of "interesting" ones. And not take the easy option by nicking scans from other peoples records. Except cajun hart :lol:

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Really enjoying this Pete.

In fact I just tried to post comment on the Doctor Who record but unfortunately I don't have any of the accounts you need to make a post.

Oh didn't realise they put restrictions on it - probably for spam blocking purposes.

I could post it for you if you like.

Glad you're enjoying it anyway, I've been meaning to do this for years to be honest. And I'm getting a bit more text up there now as well.

Social source share

Guest MrC

I never heard the Sharpees! :lol:

That Robert Plant record is tremendous, British blue eyed soul at it's very best.

Does Robert Plant still have a house in the very village in which you reside Mr Smith?

Social source share

Does Robert Plant still have a house in the very village in which you reside Mr Smith?

No he never did mate, he lives in Shatterford which is the other side of Kinver. About 12 miles away from here.

Roy Wood lived at Himley but I don't think he does now.

Social source share

Guest MrC

No he never did mate, he lives in Shatterford which is the other side of Kinver. About 12 miles away from here.

Roy Wood lived at Himley but I don't think he does now.

ERRR... he did at one point, his garden backed onto the garden of a kid called Andy who was in my class... if you went over the Ford, and up the hill, lived in a big house up that way somewhere....

Or maybe I imagined it.......

Social source share

ERRR... he did at one point, his garden backed onto the garden of a kid called Andy who was in my class... if you went over the Ford, and up the hill, lived in a big house up that way somewhere....

Or maybe I imagined it.......

You're thinking of the Ferro factory you tw*t :lol:

Social source share

LOST VINYL GEMS OF THE 60's first update of the week, mainly reggae but one or two interesting things, reviews of most and also sound clip links too.

TOMMY McCOOK & JIMMY ELLIS

NANCY SINATRA & LEE HAZLEWOOD

ANGELA & THE FANS

THE CANNONBALL BRYAN TRIO

ALTON ELLIS

PHYLLIS DILLON

PETER TOUCH

U-ROY

JAN FENDER

PATSY

RUPIE EDWARDS

THE MATADORS

Social source share

LOST VINYL GEMS OF THE 60's first update of the week, mainly reggae but one or two interesting things, reviews of most and also sound clip links too.

TOMMY McCOOK & JIMMY ELLIS

NANCY SINATRA & LEE HAZLEWOOD

ANGELA & THE FANS

THE CANNONBALL BRYAN TRIO

ALTON ELLIS

PHYLLIS DILLON

PETER TOUC

U-ROY

JAN FENDER

PATSY

RUPIE EDWARDS

THE MATADORS

thanks pete for the info on my conversation ive got the akee 45 why no title on the 2nd track b side ? Atb t
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!