Ringtones..........do You Have A Soultone

'A running commentary of a guy dying in the back of an ambulance'? 'Fraid not, Dave..."Timothy" is a song about three miners trapped in a cave-in...but when they're freed, only two are there...so what happen to poor Tim? The speculation is they killed and ate him ('My stomach was full as it could be/And nobody got around to finding Timothy').

The song was written by Rupert Holmes (the "Pina Colada" guy) and banned in many cities across the U.S. for the suggestion of cannibalism...which was Holmes's intent when he wrote the song, to come up with something controversial to get people's attention. The song hit the U.S. Top 20, but unfortunately for the group they never quite came up with something that big again.

Best,

Mark

Social source share

General ringtone is "love missile F1-11 (saigon remix)" by Sigue Sigue Sputnick, nice and loud so I can always hear it.

Ringtone for the wife is either the 'Psycho' shower scene music, or Jimmy Burns 'I really love you',

ringtone for the eldest daughter is Ann sexton 'youve been gone too long'

ringtone for middle daughter is 'sometimes' by erasure,

ringtone for youngest daughter is 'lazy' by xpress 2

:thumbup:

Edited by MrC
Social source share

you have to buy ringtones for an iphone , or did, itunes have limited soul tones but i managed to find "the way you do the things you do" by the Temps as best uptempo they had at the time !

Don't know much about iphones but surely an expensive gadget like that has Bluetooth connectivity ?

If so just copy file from your PC via bluetooth. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Don't know much about iphones but surely an expensive gadget like that has Bluetooth connectivity ?

If so just copy file from your PC via bluetooth. :thumbsup:

No, it has to be a ringtone file (.m4r)

If a luddite like me can make my own, anyone can. :thumbsup:

It's like this:

1. In Itunes right click on the song you want as your ringtone.
  2. Click create AAC version.....a few seconds later a duplicate pops into itunes below the one you started with.
  3. Right click on the duplicate and select Get Info. Click Options.
  4. Click in the box next to stop time so a tick appears and change the time to 0.30 (or a similar length - can't go too long as Apple rejects it)
  5. Click in the box next to start time so a tick appears. Click OK
  6. Reduce your itunes window so you can see your desktop, and drag your song and drop it on the desktop
  7. Right click your song, choose rename and change the .m4a extension to .m4r
  8. It'll ask you if you're sure - say "sod off I know what I'm doing" and click yes
  9. Drag your newly created ringtone to tones in the pane under library in itunes
  10. Go back and delete the AAC version you created or it hangs around in your library playing an irritating 30 seconds.
  11. Sync your phone
  12. Select your groovy new ringtone on your phone.
  13. Amaze your friends with your £1K rarity ringtone
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Brooky

I chose the opening (16 seconds) instrumental bars of Tan Geers (Let My Heart & Soul Be Free).

I've changed it a couple of times but I always end up going back to the Tan Geers.

Social source share

Ringtone I use is: Rita & The Tiaras (inst)

Message tones I use are: Tobi Lark - Challenge My Love and Harvey - Any Way Ya Wanta (Short samples of the intro's)

I add them as WAV files to my phone just by 'dragging and dropping' after the phone has been connected via USB - Simples

Edited by Soul16
Social source share

Guest kev such

Kev, ringtones?, that a bit modern isn't it...

Haha, good return. I suppose I gotta move on sometime eh?

Kev ( dont do modern) Such

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

I am a cheapskate i can only make and receive calls and texts on mine.

But it did only cost me a tenner :)

Stu.

Social source share

Had a few over the years.

The absolute best and smoothest ringtone I had was Marvin's "Let's Get It On".

Always hit the spot for me and everyone that heard it when the opening bars played.

The guys at work instantly went into "sway" mode whenever it kicked in. Always got a laugh.

It worked wonders too for my good woman just as I opened the door to the bedroom one night (playing the tune as I did) with just a towel around me waist after a shower.

(Sorry...... for those that know me that may be just too much infomation to visualise in your minds eye eh ? ! Lol)

Highly recommended though guys to get a laugh and start the evening off on the good foot when your wanna spend some quality time with your woman / partner. :thumbsup:

Eddie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!