Candi Staton - Now Youve Got The Upper Hand

Guest killiesoul

Guest killiesoul

Another want from me .......Candi Staton - Now you've got the upper hand . Please PM if you can help out with condition etc.

Cheers

Eric

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 23
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think back in the mid 70's she was asked about and said she couldn't remember recording it.

Thats different to denying it his her? Many artist couldn't remember what they did back then, I have trouble remembering breakfast somedays :D I'd be interested to see where she said this?

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Heard this record hundreds of times. I've never believed this rumour.

Why would a barking dog be in a recording studio?

I'd never heard the rumour but have just played all the youtube clips , one of which has an original copy pictured and coudn't hear it , nor could i hear any real difference in sound quality between them

It always sounded as if it was recorded in a biscuit tin LoL

Dog barking in background ! Was this originally posted on April the first ?

Social source share

I bought 3 copies on the original Unity Label from John Anderson back in `74/`75 - £20 each. Sold one to Brian Rae for £25 he in turn sold it on to Richard Searling( Searling did not start dealing with Anderson until approx. `77) the other two copies i sold some time later. One of the all-time great tracks from those heady- hey days. I got round to getting another copy for myself a couple of years ago, you won`t see much change out of a grand!!

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I half remember the denial thing.

She was being lauded for Young Hearts and it was my impression that she denied Upper Hand because she assumed it would be regarded as uncool.

How could you forget your first release?

Gloria Jones did , when she did remember , i think she claimed to have been 12 years old when she cut Tainted Love :D
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL my copy I got of my mate in London 20 years ago swapped rare reggae 45s for a pile of northern originals, my copy can be easy spotted as it had an edge warp, that I straightened OK but you can see the scar on it played great, when I sold it I got £200 above the asking price from Mick S, I suppose it was a record for his collection if that's is the case. to get yourself a real copy a trade is what I would want for an unblemished copy? very rare record, as I have had a real one, the boot is one of a very few records that I would play if I was DJing, as all the reggae bits I swapped come out of the RED SHOP DUDLY ROAD WOLVES and cost me a £5 for about 60 records it turned out to be a perfect deal, even though the reggae 45s today would treble the price I got? :g: DAVE
Social source share