Another Frank Wilson found

Haydn

Caught a glimpse of a record collecting magazine article that read along the lines:

"Couple of hip-hop fans found a copy of Frank Wilson "Do I love you" while searching for grooves, knew what it was and fetched £19000 on ebay".

????

anybody heard???

H

Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Caught a glimpse of a record collecting magazine article that read along the lines:

"Couple of hip-hop fans found a copy of Frank Wilson "Do I love you" while searching for grooves, knew what it was and fetched £19000 on ebay".

????

anybody heard???

H

Old news, was found in Chicago. You'll find a thread on here somewhere about it. Fetched $49,000 I think and I did hear the man himself bought it.

Social source share

How lucky would you be if you hadn't heard it, and you was out and then heard it for the first time... To me it is true Northern Soul, but yes overplayed..

Maybe there should be a list somewhere what not to play for the next 5/10 years, then we could play all them over played gems and enjoy them again for what they are, not because we've heard them so much..

Social source share

Maybe there should be a list somewhere what not to play for the next 5/10 years, then we could play all them over played gems and enjoy them again for what they are, not because we've heard them so much..

Oooh... Shall we? We should start with the first 80 pages of Kev Roberts' 'N. Soul Top 500'... ;-)

Social source share

as I have said B4 on earlier post,apparently a few in the US as they were given out at a motown convention but as to how many actually known on the scene........I dont know and I dont care................. OK its rare but all overhyped IMO, also any truth in the story that the very first 2 known copies were pressed at different plants ????????????????? thats what I was told but so much BS has followed this record ( as well as different views on who found it !! )

snap them all .............

Social source share

as I have said B4 on earlier post,apparently a few in the US as they were given out at a motown convention but as to how many actually known on the scene........I dont know and I dont care................. OK its rare but all overhyped IMO, also any truth in the story that the very first 2 known copies were pressed at different plants ????????????????? thats what I was told but so much BS has followed this record  ( as well as different views on who found it !! )

snap them all .............

Copies of Frank Wilson given out at convention? First I've heard that one! There's more than the three copies anyway.

Social source share

Was only when I heard FW sing just "do I love you" about 30 times at a weekender that I got sick to death of the song, before then I would always dance to it, funny how something like that can put ya off a record though!

Social source share

Dont forget 'this chap' did have a hand in some other 'soul sounds'.

He probably did not make as much profit out of it as others have and could be a bit amazed at how much attention 'Do I love you' gets.

Not read the book yet, but it should build up a better picture of the mans ability outside of that tune.

The instrumental being played is an outrage.

Ed

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

What book? If you mean the new "Who the hell is Frank Wilson?" Then you may be in for a surprise as it's a novel about a of Blackpool lad who nicks a copy off a local gangster nowt to do with FW at all, personally i think Pete Haighs description is spot on "Lock Stock and Northern Soul" although it probably has more in common with the "Skinhead" series of books from the seventies than LSATSB ;o))

John

Social source share

I've got a joke for you... I know it's off-topic, but what the hell!!

<====================================>

Two nuns are driving down a road when a vampire jumps out in front of their car...

One nun says to the other "Quick!! Show him your cross!!"

So the other winds down her window, pops her head out and shouts "Get out of the f**king way, you b**tard!!"

<=====================================>

Tehehehe!! Made me laugh!!

Loads more nun jokes, some a bit too racey (if you know what I mean) for this site, PM me if you want some more...

Social source share

1819: Factory act (under 9's not to be employed)

Well as Joe90 I am nine so I guess i can continue my good work against evil villains

Joe

ps, im also a Health and Safety consultant (when I can be bothered to work ;-))

Social source share

I've got a joke for you... I know it's off-topic, but what the hell!!

<====================================>

Two nuns are driving down a road when a vampire jumps out in front of their car...

One nun says to the other "Quick!! Show him your cross!!"

So the other winds down her window, pops her head out and shouts "Get out of the f**king way, you b**tard!!"

<=====================================>

Tehehehe!! Made me laugh!!

Loads more nun jokes, some a bit too racey (if you know what I mean) for this site, PM me if you want some more...

Two nuns in a bath, First nun says "Where's the soap?"

Second nun says "yes, it does doesn't it!" ;-)

Social source share

Dont forget 'this chap' did have a hand in some other 'soul sounds'.

He probably did not make as much profit out of it as others have and could be a bit amazed at how much attention 'Do I love you' gets.

Not read the book yet, but it should build up a better picture of the mans ability outside of that tune.

The instrumental being played is an outrage.

Ed

His best record IMO is the Sonny Daye release "Long Long Road To Happiness"

post-2-1094493492_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!