Uptown - (Label Of The Week)

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

the intertains 729 # is listed in some sources as having an alternate b-side -- "I've gotta find out for myself" instead of "need your love". I have never seen this and can't find much evidence of this, except one person on the entire internet saying their copy has "I've gotta find out for myself." It sort of sounds like an error where someone listened to "gotta find a girl" and misinterpreted the lyrics. Can anyone provide any evidence for the alternate 729 flipside? I would say it definitely is an error except for one person on the internet saying their copy (which is a canadian press) has "I've gotta find out for myself." I thought maybe it was the canadian presses that had that title but there is (or at least was) one on Manship's site and it has the regular 729 flip. Thanks in advance for any info.

Social source share

This is from mine, but again just for curiosity. Not Northern, More '60s white freakbeat, sounds very English. If any label collector needs/wants it let me know it's in my scrap pile but is actually quite pleasing to play (if you're into freakbeat that is!)

post-5677-0-80862200-1334089476_thumb.jp

post-5677-0-48267300-1334089590_thumb.jp

Social source share

Sorry, no info about alt side boba but thought this was interesting:

746 Listed here ( https://www.soulfulki....net/uptown.htm ) as Gwen Owen but label is Gwynn. Not anyhting to do with Gwen Owens.

Scan from internet by the way, not mine, just posting for curiosity:

post-5677-0-88928500-1334089056_thumb.jp

yeah, there's a lot of bad information that gets copied and circulated about. I used to see the "interns" record (a garage / pop thing) listed as the intertains. i wish i had a real answer on whether that b-side exists so I can cross it of my want list.

the intertains and ambassadors are from cleveland. The ambassadors on uptown are the same group as on debroussard. The intertains have some sort of connection to the entertains on steel town.

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Uptown great label

My old mate Ian Jackson from London was collecting this label in the early 80s

The first person to play the selectives 1581 rhyhm street on the Mod scene cool dancer.

Some of my faves

Nature boys Watch yourself

Cookie Jackson Love brings pain/find me a lover

Maria Tynes The queen is on her knees

Groove stick Imitation of life

Intertains Gotta find a girl

Al H

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!