News: Macmillan Fundraising Day.. Golf Shoe Shufflers 1st July

I've just reread the original post and I see you golfers are on foot....so buggie is for jock and clubs....and beer? Good luck to you all....I know how I feel after two rounds on the same day so some task.

I always thought Geoff was joking when he reckoned that you show signs of fatigue after two rounds of drinks , Martin?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Come on folks dig deep in those pockets for this noble cause! :thumbup:

These four fine fellows plus their logistical support team (well someboby's gotta carry the bottle opener Jock) are gonna put their highly tunned bodies through hell on a golf course, so they need loads of support.

I've also heard on the grapevine that next year their planning on doing a boat race. From golf shoe shufflers to the cockless fours eh! (I hope I spelt that right :lol: )

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

These four fine fellows plus their logistical support team (well someboby's gotta carry the bottle opener Jock) are gonna put their highly tunned bodies through hell on a golf course, so they need loads of support.

I've also heard on the grapevine that next year their planning on doing a boat race. From golf shoe shufflers to the cockless fours eh! (I hope I spelt that right :lol: )

Dave

Nice one and thank you Dave - and yep its full steam ahead for the Golfshoeshufflers.... training has already started 24/7 to fine tune our already highly tuned bits and pieces etc ????

Have got to say a big big thank you for all of your support and donations so far -great stuff for sure and as Dave says for a very very noble cause....... Keep it coming!!!!

ktf and Right on right on!!!

tfk :rofl:

Follow the link for further details and up to date hot info:-

https://uk.virginmone...ers&isTeam=true

Right back to the training- thats one press up and thats two press ups and three press ups and FOUR !!!!-

phew its all go!!!! mmm it must be time for a wee rest and a sit down in the shade!!!

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Hi Andy

I assume that these press ups are infact finger press ups as apposed to the real McCoy? or how else are you managing to type on a key board at the same time. :g:

Have a word with Kitch he exercises his fingers regularly by removing ring pulls (usually from tins of Fosters!) :lol:

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

David I think you will find the only thing Andy presses, apart from my patience waiting on him getting in touch, is those scarves he wears to make sure they are perfectly straight, which some may say arguably is a bit of an oxymoron given his care and attention to his appearance. No doubt his famous golf safari suit will be out for this day, pictures will appear within seconds on here if he does. Glasgow's own Lester Tipton as our Andy is known.

I now have my policy and procedures manual along with my Health and Safety manual and correct headwear and footwear to buy per Chuddy Mr Duddleys, the head honcho party leader and Union representative as he keeps reminding me, instructions and obviously beer would contravene said H&S rules, so only I will be allowed to drink it, which should make the four ball (you can guess which two have none) more interesting for Messrs Law, Broughton, Kitchener and Whitmore as their thirst gets worse during day and I merrily hiccup my way through the day in a rally driver stylee on said buggy.

Although I will be dissappointed that due to a combination of weak ankles from years of dancing, war wounds from running up Wigan High Street and fitness levels of a 97 year old I cannot directly compete, I am currently setting up various mediums that hopefully will be broadcast over here on the day to let you know just how bad they are suffering.

So cmon boys and girls, I appreciate we suffer a bit charity overload and salary underload these days, but it is a good cause and if is something you can help with, dig deep. Every little helps as Colin has been told many times over years.

Looking forward to a hard day already......

Social source share

Nice one and thank you Dave - and yep its full steam ahead for the Golfshoeshufflers.... training has already started 24/7 to fine tune our already highly tuned bits and pieces etc ????

Have got to say a big big thank you for all of your support and donations so far -great stuff for sure and as Dave says for a very very noble cause....... Keep it coming!!!!

ktf and Right on right on!!!

Follow the link for further details and up to date hot info:-

Right back to the training- thats one press up and thats two press ups and three press ups and FOUR !!!!-

phew its all go!!!! mmm it must be time for a wee rest and a sit down in the shade!!!

Hey Andy, Try not to aim at me this time..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Dave

I was going to donate anyway, as it's a cause close to my heart, but your post Dave has made me double my donation :lol: :lol:

Good luck everyone :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was going to donate anyway, as it's a cause close to my heart, but your post Dave has made me double my donation :lol: :lol:

Flippin eck, that was a chore (for me :D ) I've just created my own sponsorship page :facepalm:

I've managed to donate to the Golfshoeshufflers in the process though :thumbsup:

Have fun guys & I hope you raise lots of cash :thumbup:

Social source share

Thank you Alison for your donation. I know golf isn't everyones cup of tea but it is more about raising money for a very worthy cause.

But it will be a a very long day. If the average 18 holes takes around 4 hours with a 4-6 mile walk that might give you some idea.

We have been told we can tee off anywhere from about 2.30am onwards depending on the weather and have till 10.00pm and we have to play around everyone else on the course so a bit to contend with. But with Jock giving us a combination of support and abuse we should be ok...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That a girl Alison :thumbsup:

I been trying to get people to pay for my jokes for years (even the funny one's). Why don't you tap that mate of yours Kirsty up for a donation there's gotta be some lose change knockin' about in those leather trousers of hers. :wicked::lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As I've just taken up golf as a retirement hobby myself, I know that it won't be an "easy" day for the golfers, especially having Tef with them :-) !

I've donated and I'm sure with Jock and Chuddy supporting the event, it will be well managed on the day.

I just wonder if some promoters are now thinking of Northern soul golfing week-enders???!!!***?

Have Fun guys and hope all goes well for you on the day.

Louis

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thank you Alison for your donation. I know golf isn't everyones cup of tea but it is more about raising money for a very worthy cause.

But it will be a a very long day. If the average 18 holes takes around 4 hours with a 4-6 mile walk that might give you some idea.

We have been told we can tee off anywhere from about 2.30am onwards depending on the weather and have till 10.00pm and we have to play around everyone else on the course so a bit to contend with. But with Jock giving us a combination of support and abuse we should be ok...

:ohmy: 2.30 AM!!!!!! Blimey you'll all be playing with fluorescent balls :lol:

Joking apart, I still don't understand golf (other than the crazy variety :D ) but have worked out how long you guys are likely to be out there :sweatingbullets: so an extra good luck to you all :hatsoff2:

Here's hoping you earn lots of GBP for this deserving cause :thumbsup:

Ali x

Social source share

That a girl Alison :thumbsup:

I been trying to get people to pay for my jokes for years (even the funny one's). Why don't you tap that mate of yours Kirsty up for a donation there's gotta be some lose change knockin' about in those leather trousers of hers. :wicked::lol:

:lol: :lol: I think you & Louise know very well that there's only room for her curves in them trousers :D

I'll let her know about the Golfshoeshufflers and I'm sure she will donate :thumbsup: & no doubt give you some stick about your post at the same time :lol:

Ali x

Social source share

:lol: :lol: I think you & Louise know very well that there's only room for her curves in them trousers :D

I'll let her know about the Golfshoeshufflers and I'm sure she will donate :thumbsup: & no doubt give you some stick about your post at the same time :lol:

Ali x

Pmsl, theres hardly room for me in them leather trousers these days never mind any loose change!. Had a thought though, maybe I could join the golfshufflers & play golf in the infamous leather trousers,that would make comedy viewing xx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Pmsl, theres hardly room for me in them leather trousers these days never mind any loose change!. Had a thought though, maybe I could join the golfshufflers & play golf in the infamous leather trousers,that would make comedy viewing xx

If you want to join in you would be most welcome, with your Leather Trousers on we will walk you just 10 feet in front of the boys and that should keep them going when they are struggling with fatigue.

We would obviously give Colin an extra shot of Bromide in his early morning tea just to make sure no accidents happened when he was teeing off.

:D :D :D

Social source share

good luck boys - hope someone has organised a lovely picnic for you to enjoy whilst Colin's in a bunker trying to find his ball... I fear cheating of epic proportions

Social source share

If you want to join in you would be most welcome, with your Leather Trousers on we will walk you just 10 feet in front of the boys and that should keep them going when they are struggling with fatigue.

We would obviously give Colin an extra shot of Bromide in his early morning tea just to make sure no accidents happened when he was teeing off.

:D :D :D

Jock should you suspect any cheating, ask the culprit- " if they breath in or out on their backswing"....lol

Social source share

A biggie thank you for your very kind contributions and donations so far............. its all looking good and funky for the golf day!!!!

Some great news for the Golfshoeshufflers long day golf challange.....

Additional to your very kind and generous contributions that have been donated for the Macmillan Cancer Support Charity av managed to strike a wee deal with Network Rail.

Network Rail have kindly agreed to donate a matching contribution/donation of up to the sum of £1200....so thats an additional twelve hundred pounds to the total.

On completion of our 4 rounds of golf the money will be donated to Network Rails charity of choice, for the year 2012 /2013 being:- Action for Children.

The Action for Children charity supports and speaks out for the UKs most vulnerable,disadvantaged and neglected children and young people.

https://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/

So in the words of Larry Williams and Johnny "Guitar Watson were getting "Two for the price of one " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7VDrA86T0

.... so heres to your very kind and generous contributions/donations so far.....An ultra big

Thank you

and Right on Right on to those Golfshoeshufflers.

https://uk.virginmone...#38;isTeam=true

tfk

Edited by tfk
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

A biggie thank you for your very kind contributions and donations so far............. its looking good and funky for our goodie golf day!!!!

Some more great news on the Golfshoeshufflers long day golf challange that will take place on the 1st of July at West Linton Golf Club.....

Additional to your contributions/donations that we have received for the Macmillan Cancer Support Charity av managed to strike a wee deal with my very very kind employers at Network Rail.

Yes those folks at Network Rail have kindly agreed to donate a matching contribution/donation of up to the sum of £1200....yes thats twelve hundred additional pounds up for the takings!!!

This money will be donated by Network Rail to their current charity of choice which for 2012 /2013 is Action for Children

The Action for Children charitysupport and speak out for the UKs most vulnerable,disadvantaged and neglected children/ young people

https://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/

So in the words of Larry Williams and Johnny "Guitar Watson its [Two for the price of one ]

.... so heres to your very kind and generous contributions/donations so far..... an ultra big

Thank you

and Right on right on for those Golfshoeshufflers.

mmm am sure when i sqwint :rolleyes: that there picture of Williams and Watson looks like our support team on their golf buggys !!!! so "were getting two for the price of one" ....

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Hey Andy

Throughout all these frivolity i haven't seen a mention of the mighty Tef, is he the shoe sufflers ace in the hole? :wink:

evening Dave

Yep the mighty Tef is defo The golfshoeshufflers number 1 ace in the hole......thats who am putting my money on.....

Social source share

We were in a posh hotel which was very expensive and that was Tef's response to us telling him it was his round! Mind we had to explain the double entendre of round that weekend to all our English compadres that weekend, the bar one seemed to be an alien concept to them................. :g: :g:

Edited by jocko
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

We were in a posh hotel which was very expensive and that was Tef's response to us telling him it was his round! Mind we had to explain the double entendre of round that weekend to all our English compadres that weekend, the bar one seemed to be an alien concept to them................. :g: :g:

Get um in Jocko..................

its looking good with just over a month to go before the golfshoeshuffler event -

https://uk.virginmone...#38;isTeam=true

best

post-3067-0-10380500-1338152122_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Just a week to go before the four intrepid golfers, Kitch, Teff, Colin Law and Andy McWhitmore and the vital support team of Jock and Chuddy aim to complete four rounds of golf in one day for a very worthy cause.

Few more sponsors would be nice, try and break the £2k barrier?

Social source share

I did notice that the golf shoe sufflers were all refraining from indulging in any alcoholic bearages and fatty foods during the Cleethorpes mayhem, their early morning runs and stretching exercises were a truly insperational sight :thumbup: :thumbup:

With the exception of Jocko that is who claimed his time was better suited to the tactical side of the game as he snuggled down in his deck chair, took a bite of a double egg and bacon butty and continued to read his copy of the sunday sport !!!! :lol:

Give E-bay a miss today folks and donate your money to a great cause :g:

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Oh! just remembered a helpful little tip Mr Whitmore

If Kitch beings to suffer the effects of fatigue later in the day and his balls (the golf variety) keep ending up in the rough !

Check the ring tones on your phone and give him a quick blast of William Bell's "I'm Happ'sey ( :wicked::lol: ) that'll pick up his game for sure.

Dave :thumbsup:

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Oh! just remembered a helpful little tip Mr Whitmore

If Kitch beins to suffer the effects of fatigue later in the day and his balls (the golf variety) keep ending up in the rough !

Check the ring tones on your phone and give him a quick blast of William Bell's "I'm Happ'sey ( :wicked::lol: ) that'll pick up his game for sure.

Dave :thumbsup:

Dave, that was an inspirational piece of ad-lib lyric changes mate. Should be the next "across the board" anthem!!

Social source share

Is this the support vehicle Jock and Chuddy are in charge of.....

post-225-0-51331500-1340544252_thumb.jpg

That is brilliant Chalky - it looks like something that CLUNK has invented off of "Stop that pigeon"

mmmmmmmmm i hope hes shown our Jocko how it operates -i wouldnt want him to hit the ejector seat button by mistake when he should be flushing the loo............will all be shouting FOUR if he hits the wrong buttons .............

post-3067-0-40216700-1340655396.png

post-3067-0-05717900-1340655904_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!