Best Site To Sell Northern Soul

Guest ddac1982

Guest ddac1982

In your opinion what is the best site to find that "hard to find" Northern Soul record?

As I am always curious -

Thanks for your input

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

In your opinion what is the best site to find that "hard to find" Northern Soul record?

As I am always curious -

Thanks for your input

Right here, if none of the dealers or sellers or collectors that frequent this site have got it, then you've got a damn tough cookie on your wants ;o))

Cheers Gareth

Social source share

There are some sites on Facebook cropping up for people to post wants.

The main one on Facebook, The Hassle Free Record Selling Group, does have a few probs though, your sale disappears within a day if it doesn't sell pretty quick, as most sellers list items individually rather than in bulk lists, some sellers list about 30 records at a time, with youtube sondbytes etc so each sale takes up a fair bit of space :thumbsup: The splitting of wants from sales has helped a bit
Social source share

without being picky it depends on what you define as "hard to find".

Have you any examples of things you're after or is it just a general bit of advice?

Right here, if none of the dealers or sellers or collectors that frequent this site have got it, then you've got a damn tough cookie on your wants. Cheers Gareth

Very true Gareth - but there's a massive difference between those that have got the record and those that want to sell it (laughs).

the title of the post is the opposite of the text of the post

You took the words right out of my mouth Bob.

The 3 best sites to find records I can think of are

1. Soul Source - gotta be the best starting point, keep regularly checking (daily if possible) the sales section.

You could put a wants list up but you run the danger of alerting other collectors to desirable records that they may or may not know which increases competition to find the very record you're after.

2. Ebay - whatever record you're after has probably been through Ebay before or will do in the future. Again check daily if possible or set up an email alert for a specific want.

3. Google - just bang all the details into this search engine, press enter and see what pops out.

Hope this helps,

derek

Social source share

Guest ddac1982

I do collect Motown personally, because that's what I grew up with and have fond memories of, but only if they come in though the store. I Never know what walks in day to day. Detroit and the sounding area has so many records to sell. It's exciting to see what we get in to purchase.

Social source share

I do collect Motown personally, because that's what I grew up with and have fond memories of, but only if they come in though the store. I Never know what walks in day to day. Detroit and the sounding area has so many records to sell. It's exciting to see what we get in to purchase.

ok, well it's good to know you enjoy the sound. good luck with your sales. I probably bought from you on ebay before. Thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!