Competition Ain't Nothin' All-dayer

Guest Kolla

Full details of the 3rd C.A.N. London all-dayer are posted in the ... along with the bestest flyer in the whole world.

Dj's include Mischief, Snowboy, Eddie Piller and Paul Franklin.

The venue this time is CARGO in SHOREDITCH (previous ones were at Herbal). Besides the tunes there will also be record stalls, scooter stuff, films and great food available all day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Kolla - thanks for putting up the listing.

Really interested to read all the comments on Keb's set at the 100 25th. Although I couldn't make it I can understand why his set would of put the cat among some pigeons.

That's exactly the policy we follow at C.A.N. with the next all dayer event on the 3rd Oct.

Classic Northern, with a nice mix of quality rareities, and yes some funk, modern thrown into the soul stew.

Keb will hopefully make it to our next date on the 5th December (not 12th as on flyers) but in the meantime whilst Keb's off in Japan we have top man SNOWBOY TCB

Thinking man's/woman's music!

BTW. Free stalls for record/CD dealers. Please give myself or Patch a call 07930 325785.

It would be good to see Soul Sourcers down there.

Paul Franklin

Bring it on home to me

• 2 weeks later...

Tell ya what directions would be good if you have any... :D

I'm such a spare part sometimes - I put up a location map link in the event guide and didn't even look at it myself. Full address is:-

Cargo,

Kingsland Viaduct

83 Rivington Street

Shoreditch London

Map link here

It is where I thought it was. Rivington Street is a small cobbled street which runs between Curtain Road and Shoreditch High Street.

If on foot - nearest tube is Old Street - walk straight down Old Street, right into curtain road and first left into Rivington Street. Cargo is on left under railway arch.

Mischief - don't play your best first :D - Al and I have got to meet pals in Surrey for lunch so can't get there until 6 <_<

Kolla,

thank you for all details as always.

Just finalising the DJ rosta...

Trafford 12-1

Paul 1-2

Mischief 2-3

Eddie 3-4

Snowboy 4-5

Trafford 5-6

Paul 6-7

Mischief 7-8

Eddie 8-9:30

Snowboy 9:30-11

Paul 11-12

till the cows come home "Clyde Mcphatter"

Goodness didn't see that as rocking your world Mischief - had I know i'd have done a completely different Cd comp for ya. If you like that Clyde McPhatter then you MUST buy this one - Little Johnny Taylor mp3

Pals in Manchester, John & Delise, adore that kind of stuff - John has thousand of gems in his collection that you'd never hear out. He put me on to stuff like this and Pearl Woods.

Slight change of DJ line up as Eddie will be flying back in from Switzerland for his set.

Trafford 12-1

Paul 1-2

Mischief 2-3

Trafford 3-4

Snowboy 4-5

Eddie 5-6

Paul 6-7

Mischief 7-8

Eddie 8-9:30

Snowboy 9:30-11

Paul 11-12

Unfortunately we won't be showing WattStax (as it still hasn't been released yet) during the day but will instead be showing SoulFunktion a recent documentary.

Laters

Cheers Paul Thanks for flyers see you Sunday...

link

Am in London for Kindred concert Saturday night, am going back Sunday teatime, how easy would it to be to get back to Heathrow from this all dayer?

Also any soul related venues on Saturday night, am at Jazz cafe till 11, think they may have something on after, but interested in choices, any TJ type events on??

Cheers

Jock

Competition Ain't Nothin is in EC1 (Liverpool Street / Central Line ) - you'd have to get two tubes to get to Heathrow (Central Line then Piccaddilly) and it would probably take 45 mins to and hour .

Music-wise Jazz Cafe is normally ok on Fridays / Saturdays after gigs -

normally goes on till 2. Not a lot else going on in London this weekend though.

And what may I ask does TJ mean ... trad jazz ?? If so - Ronnie Scott's yer best bet (www.ronniescotts.co.uk)

Competition Ain't Nothin is in EC1  (Liverpool Street / Central Line ) - you'd have to get two tubes to get to Heathrow (Central Line then Piccaddilly) and it would probably take 45 mins to and hour .

normally goes on till 2.  Not a lot else going on in London  this weekend though.

And what may I ask does TJ mean ... trad jazz ?? If so - Ronnie Scott's yer best bet  (www.ronniescotts.co.uk)

link

Cmon Kolla I am not that old, I meant Terry Jones type nights as know he sometimes does central London things.

Will go and get my Acker Bilk cd and my pipe and slippers for tonight now!!

Thanks for info tho,

Jock

normally goes on till 2.  Not a lot else going on in London  this weekend though.

And what may I ask does TJ mean ... trad jazz ?? If so - Ronnie Scott's yer best bet  (www.ronniescotts.co.uk)

link

Looking at events isn't Soul Boogaloo on in Greenwich Saturday nite?

By the way I meant we are showing the Soul Function DVD if Patch manages to get a copy off the publishers today. Else we will be showing Faster pussycat Kill Kill Kill in honour of late Russ Meyer

Jock - I'm just sprayed coffee over my screen. :) I DO apologise for being so terribly presumptuous ...

Paul - Boogaloo finishes at midnight so wouldn't be any use.

Guest Johnny One Trout

link

Priceless :)wink.gif:P:P wait til i see him i shall be calling him Trad all night, actually quite a good name, has a sort of Afternoon US Soap ring to it :P

Hi I'm Trad,.........Trad Jazzzzzz ........... :P:D:D

:) ok - i've had a day to get over guff - back again

Giving this a final shout for anyone around London on Sunday - the last couple (previously held at Herbal) were still packed to the rafters at midnight - we expect this one to be just as good. See ya there.

Thanks to everyone that made it down on Sunday. :D

Although it was a little quiter (c100 souls) than the previous do's at herbal, the quality of the sounds was excellent and the feedback from those that were around in the evening was very positive.

Snowboy's first set was particularly blinding and stood out to me but all the DJs did a cracking job. :)

Snowboy - Any chance of a listing mate?

I was really impressed by the level of dancing at this one. Whilst Cargo lacks a classic wooden floor, it's smooth concrete floor with a little talc had the desired effect, and along with the rest of the venues facilities (excellent sound system when turned up!)it has a lot of potential for some cracking soul nites.

We are debating to do another one on the 5th Dec?

Appreciate any feedback from those that were and those that weren't there (why weren't yer there yer b*****ds).

Cheers,

Paul F