Helen Pereira - Funeral - Thursday 26Th April (New Evening Dance Info)

The funeral of Helen Pereira will be on Thursday 26th April 2012 - 2:00pm at ...

St Marys C Of E Church

The Rectory

Rectory Rd

Oldswinford

Stourbridge

DY8 2HA

This will be directly followed by drinks and reminiscences at a pub about 100 yards up the road from the church ...

The Labour In Vain

59 Red Hill

Stourbridge

DY8 1NG

In the evening, there will be a Soul Music Remembrance Dance, celebrating the music and dancing life and loves of Helen, and open to everyone, NOW at ...

The Connaught Hotel

40 - 50 Tettenhall Road

Wolverhampton

WV1 4SW

8:30pm - 1:00am

It has been necessary to move to the nearby Connaught Hotel for two reasons:

because the Mount was insisting that all the DJs have insurance (!?),and a bigger venue is now needed (the Connaught holds 400).

Most people know the Connaught Hotel from the many Soul Nights that have been held there over the years. It is a perfect, smart venue with a large, sprung dancefloor which Helen loved dancing on.

Any more info, I'll add as soon as I know.

Any one wishing to contact Pep - please feel free to ring anytime on 01654 710264

If this post is in the wrong section, MOD's please feel free to move it

Thanks

Mick Holdsworth

**************************************************************************************************

Here is some additional info from Ian ...

Flowers are welcome of course delivered to the Church, St. Mary's, Oldswinford, Stourbridge on the morning of her funeral on Thursday 26th April.

Interflora and others usually do this kind of thing for well-wishers.

Alternatively bring the flowers with you to the church before the service at 2pm.

They can also be sent/delivered to Sanderson Funeral Services, Merridale Street, Wolverhampton between now and then.

Helen will be lying in the Chapel of Rest at Sandersons on the day before the funeral, for anyone wishing to see her once more.

Instead of flowers, charitable donations can be made to Mary Stevens Hospice by way of donations at the church service itself, via a collection being organised by St.Mary's. Nearby Mary Stevens Hospice (where my family was born when it was a maternity hospital in the fifties/sixties) were very amenable to Helen's needs near the end of her life, and provide superb palliative care to cancer victims. They rely on charitable donations.

All the hundreds of sympathy cards will be kept and treasured forever by me and Ryan.

Thankyou everyone for the many lovely cards and messages within them.

Please, anyone who will be sending or bringing cards, can you put your contact details in so I can thank you or keep in touch with you in the months and years to come.

I am also looking for any old (or more recent) photos of, or with, Helen in them.

Please post them here on Soul-Source or eMail them to:

mr.soul@live.co.uk

Anyone can phone me on 01654 710264.

I love talking to soul friends old and new, and will catch up with many of you soon.

Love and great appreciation.

XXX

Ian

********************************************************************************************

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Mick,

People have been asking me about flowers, etc. So please add this information to your forum header:

Flowers are welcome of course delivered to the Church, St. Mary's, Oldswinford, Stourbridge on the morning of her funeral on Thursday 26th April.

Interflora and others usually do this kind of thing for well-wishers.

Alternativel bring the flowers with you to the church before the service at 2pm.

They can also be sent/delivered to Sanderson Funeral Services, Merridale Street, Wolverhampton between now and then.

Helen will be lying in the Chapel of Rest at Sandersons on the day before the funeral, for anyone wishing to see her once more.

Instead of flowers, charitable donations can be made to Mary Stevens Hospice by way of donations at the church service itself, via a collection being organised by St.Mary's. Nearby Mary Stevens Hospice (where my family was born when it was a maternity hospital in the fifties/sixties) were very amenable to Helen's needs near the end of her life, and provide superb palliative care to cancer victims. They rely on charitable donations.

All the hundreds of sympathy cards will be kept and treasured forever by me and Ryan.

Thankyou everyone for the many lovely cards and messages within them.

Please, anyone who will be sending or bringing cards, can you put your contact details in so I can thank you or keep in touch with you in the months and years to come.

I am also looking for any old (or more recent) photos of, or with, Helen in them.

Please post them here on Soul-Source or eMail them to:

mr.soul@live.co.uk

Anyone can phone me on 01654 710264.

I love talking to soul friends old and new, and will catch up with many of you soon.

Love and great appreciation.

XXX

Ian

Social source share

Thanks for the info Dave - didn't realise about the parking, so I'll put your message up right here ...

***************************************************************************************************************************************

I think it would be a very good idea to let people know of the lack of parking around the church and to get there early.

The Church has a very small carpark at the front (20 cars max)and is in a very narrow residential road.

The same with the Labour In Vain Pub carpark (20 spaces).

Stoubridge Junction railway station is circa 50 yards up the road from the pub and a five minute walk away from the church but although it has over 400 spaces it's strictly for rail users with all the subsequent clamping/fines bollocks to boot.

There are plenty of pay and display carparks in Stourbridge 15 minutes walk away but these will be busy during the week more so as they are demolishing the town centre multi-storey carpark.

It might be easier for people who are travelling to catch the train to Stourbridge Junction ?

Regards

Dave Welding

***************************************************************************************************************************

Social source share

I use the station every day for work and come 10.00am both carparks are rammed full, circa 1500 cars. It is a good idea to use the train though. To get onto the Stourbridge line from Wolves / Coseley area, catch a train to Smethick Dalton bridge and there you can change lines to Stourbridge. Coming the other direction, get a train to Bham New St and take a 5 min walk to Moor St. station and get a train direct to Stourbridge. Ade

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sandi

I have always loved this photo of Paul and Helen, god it really brings it home to me that she is no longer with us, love you and miss you Helen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

Thanks for the info Dave - didn't realise about the parking, so I'll put your message up right here ...

***************************************************************************************************************************************

I think it would be a very good idea to let people know of the lack of parking around the church and to get there early.

The Church has a very small carpark at the front (20 cars max)and is in a very narrow residential road.

The same with the Labour In Vain Pub carpark (20 spaces).

Stoubridge Junction railway station is circa 50 yards up the road from the pub and a five minute walk away from the church but although it has over 400 spaces it's strictly for rail users with all the subsequent clamping/fines bollocks to boot.

There are plenty of pay and display carparks in Stourbridge 15 minutes walk away but these will be busy during the week more so as they are demolishing the town centre multi-storey carpark.

It might be easier for people who are travelling to catch the train to Stourbridge Junction ?

Regards

Dave Welding

***************************************************************************************************************************

Yes, limited parking right outside.

Quite a bit of Street parking within a 200 yard radius. Also parking on the Crabmill pub carpark and near The Retreat pub. All within 5 minutes walk. Possibly some opposite Stourbridge Junction ticket office and in residential roads off Chawn Hill and Red Hill.

St.Mary's is a beautiful big Church and there should be no problems with anyone parking within a few minutes walk. The very close proximity to Stourbridge Junction also makes it convenient for train users, and I know there a quite a few coming from Wales by train.

Thanks everyone for the input (and photos).

Lots of love.

XXX

Ian (Pep)

Social source share

After having just booked one myself I can pass on that The Connaught have standard double rooms available for £34.95 (no breakfast) if anyone traveling down was thinking of finding somewhere to stay. They also have standard twin and family rooms available for the same sort of price, although all the executive rooms are booked up.

Paul

Social source share

Thanks Paul,

The Connaught is well priced (and you don't have to worry about driving after the gig).

Also, if you want somewhere between Stourbridge and Wolverhampton think about the KIngfisher, Wall Heath. Cheap if you book a day or two in advance through Late Rooms or similar... looks nice too.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI IAN...Reading through all your replies, to each & everyone who have sent you their sincere remarks about Helen and about yourself, I find your resolve courage love & conviction to wards Helen absolutely wonderful, .. as Thursday will soon be here, just in case we don't have any in depth conversations for myself your loss and our loss, has made me more aware of how I would cope,

not very well I think, as when Sir Dave Rimmer went through his loss, who also showed similar qualities as your self,

If you ever feel like kicking the cat, please feel free to project that stuff on myself and not those who are to close, it would be good to see you HARPO & MICK and all those who have you and Helen in their thoughts this week, for a follow up night for you, and your contribution not only to the Wolverhampton Soul Scene but as a Pioneer of the scene that is recognised around the world today,

RIGHT ON BROTHER PEP, RIP SISTER HELEN, The FAITH is KEPT.

AS ALWAYS

DAVE KILWORTH

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!