• Replies 22
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

https://cgi.ebay.com/DON-THOMAS-COME-ON-TRA...1QQcmdZViewItem

I sold my original about 5 years ago for around 30 euros.

these people are two stops short of dagenham. 17 bids!!

M

not that horrendous macca surely?

it's a £20 record I'd say so $40 isn't too OTT.

incidentally, what's the difference between this one and th pink ones? are the pink ones boots? or is it just a different pressing plant?

Social source share

Boot it is, Maybe a bit pricey, but not OTT in good nick. Would I pay 20 quid for a boot, No , But if you like the record then why not, having on a boot is better then not having it at all and 10 times better then having it on a CD or MP3. And how many do you see for sale, and in good condition. :thumbsup:

Social source share

you learn something every day

firstly, i've learned to read the topic heading - sorry macca, didn't know this was a boot and since it seems it is then 20 quid is well OTT...you're quite right!

secondly, i've learned what a don thomas boot is like!

gash - here's a proper pink 'un for you

dan

post-118-1134584227_thumb.jpg

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Dec 14 2005, 08:24 PM) link
i too have never seen this marron 2nd issue

mark

The Manship's Bootlegs Guide says about this: "BOOTLEG has a mauve label. ORIGINALS are eitherwhite dj copies or have a bright pinkglossy finish label."

I remember the reissue on VeeJay blue label.

Roccia

Social source share

do you know id swear when this was originally played at the mecca levines copy was maroon, i have a maroon copy and have had it a long long time, when i read that in manships bootleg guide it kind of surprised me,im sure im right and others saying they havnt seen a maroon boot makes me more sure

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

I've it on the maroon too. Paid maybe four or five quid in the mid 80s for it and a mate who's been on the scene since the Wigan days said it was the same as his which he bought way back when for a good price

Social source share

so, the cogniscenti say pink & white, plus reports of another on a maroon/purple label, which some say are originals, but others dismiss as boots/reissues. the levine mecca maroon/purple copy story is VERY interesting. I started off something here. I'm buggered if I'm gonna pay more than a fiver for a boot though. it's psychological. I'd rather not have the record, but then again I'm probably 2 stops short of the ford factory too.

Social source share

I have a white demo..........always thought that it was a boot.Are you saying its the real deal,or was it booted on the demo as well?

Same here, I picked up a NUVJ white demo in the UK cheap a few years back. I was always unsure. At the very same sale at the nighter in Stoke, someone tried to pass me a fake Tony Galla on Swan as an OG. I kindly showed him the manship bootleg guide which you could also purchase at the show. He was quite surprised and very happy that I had enlightened him.

Iceburg

Social source share

so whats the going rate for an original pink one?

i'd say 20 quid ish but sort of thing that could go big again and lots of copies hidden away in collections so potential to double or increase even more i'd say

Social source share

so, the cogniscenti say pink & white, plus reports of another on a maroon/purple label, which some say are originals, but others dismiss as boots/reissues. the levine mecca maroon/purple copy story is VERY interesting. I started off something here. I'm buggered if I'm gonna pay more than a fiver for a boot though. it's psychological. I'd rather not have the record, but then again I'm probably 2 stops short of the ford factory too.

i must say when i first saw the scan on ebay, after reading your post and not spotting the word 'boot' macca, it looked proper to me, though no evidence other than just a feeling.

i've seen maroon ones before and as i say always assumed, lazily without looking into it cos wasn't that bothered about the record, that that was the proper one and mine was a boot. bit of a mystery...manship could be wrong, he's wrong on other things i'm sure.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert