Articles: Helen Pereira - Queen Of The Go-Go

Pep

iM JUST DEVISTATED PEP, such a wonderful person was Helen, will miss her dearly, always had a good laugh and such a good friend

my thoughs are with you at this sad time and I hope your little one can understand why this had happened

will be there for you and to say goodbye to a dear friend....... just devistate, words fail me

Shute and Angela

Shute, Angela,

You were always so supportive and remain so now. I know you loved Helen and how you must feel. Two of our favourite soul people. Thankyou.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI IAN Yes indeed she was special, as I wrote in the other post, on reading you thoughts of love for Helen, it not only bought tears to my eyes, it also made me smile? I remember back in the mid 70s when my mate Mick Smith and myself were DJ ING IN BEDFORD, back then Mick used to pass me his records and I would play them, sounds strange now, but his reasons were, at the time an integral part of traveling north was the DJ as they to us were part of the ambiance of the scene, and he could not relate a cockney voice linking a record, and although Tony Jebb and Keith become close freinds, we always rated you as the top DJ, even though we could not understand a word you said, so your remarks are a true translation and are so meaningful,

As I said before it was thanks to both of you that I found my way back on the scene, and the venture of the BLACK HORSE good days,

thoughts of HELEN I have one special one, it was the black & white vidio that I orderd for Marie, the film was the one about every time a bell ring an angel gets their wings, Helen like many back then did not no the film, so she orderd a copy forherself, I remember her delight in thanking me for it become her favourate film also, so I am making a request for BOBBY WELLS BE'S THAT WAY SOMETIME to be played for HELEN and she will then get her wings,

As always respect for you both, love MICK & DAVE

Dave & Mick,

Thankyou for your lovely post. You Mick, Clive and the Harlow lads were very important to us DJs in the north. You found a lot of great tunes and it was always a competition which venue would get them (Cats or Mecca). Being first geographically the Cats got quite a few, most memorable being "Bari Track", but then Blackpool got the Coasters (Freddie Jones). There were lots more. The cockney connection contributed so much. People don't realise.

Helen was friendly and loving by default. I remember you switching her on to that wonderful film. Great song choice too, from that fantastic year: 1973. Our year.

Thanks again Dave, Mick.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

Guest IAN W

Beautiful tribute to Helen. You must be devastated Ian. Hopefully you can gain some strength from the support of the soul family that you have both always been a big part of. Respected and loved so much around the West Mids a sad sad loss. My thoughts are with and your son

Social source share

Beautiful tribute to Helen. You must be devastated Ian. Hopefully you can gain some strength from the support of the soul family that you have both always been a big part of. Respected and loved so much around the West Mids a sad sad loss. My thoughts are with and your son

Ian, a big thankyou for remembering and thinking of Helen. Your support gives me and my son strength through this saddest of times.

XXX

Ian

Social source share

Hi Ian,

What a lovely tribute you've written, sat here with tears pouring down my face as I read it.

Helen certainly was one of a kind, and we will all miss her, our Paula was distraught to learn of Helens passing. I'll never forget how good to me and mine you two were over the years, working in the shop, the roadtrips, and of course the Black Horse and all the other nights you put on.

There will be forever a 'Helen' shaped hole in the world now, and in the lives of all those she came into contact with too, once met, never forgotten, that was Helen! I think just about everybody on the soul scene was on the receiving end of Helens wit & temper and some point, I know I certainly was, but it just made everybody love her even more. I will certainly miss her, I never saw you two apart, and my heart goes out to you and the family, as was mentioned in an earlier post, I'm sure you'll be able to take some strength and support from everyone around you, you've got some good friends to lean on if you need to.

Paul Clifford

(& girls!)

xx

Social source share

Paul (Paula, girls),

I was hoping you would post, and thankyou for your memories. It was a bit weird at times I agree, but there was always deep friendship underneath. You know you needed telling sometimes, and Helen did it her way - a way you knew would not affect the strong bond between us all. We always loved you guys, and saw in you our own madcap younger selves. She would happily have played mum to your girls, and kinda did. Love you all.

XXX

Ian

Social source share

ian,

the tributes here are humbling to read, leaving a lump in the throat...it imbues all of our lives with a sobering perspective...that we cannot escape from...the inevitability of death. it hurts nevertheless...grief is a remorseless attribute that we suffer frequently and as we roll on into this millenium it is becoming an all too familiar concept, but in death there should be and, indeed is, a joyous recollection and celebration of life shared so devotedly by yourself and the friends you & helen made.

i recall, as an attendee of the catacombs at the behest of my badgering cousin, sharon, casting a gaze on the couple who quite intimately hid theirselves in one of the club's many alcoves, sharing each others company, yet the shining light that is helen, would also embrace the dancefloor publicly, casting her spell...she always stood out from the crowd...but in truth she WAS the crowd and people just gathered to her like a magnet.

from the point of view of actually getting to make your aqquaintance, that happened at your first shop in stafford street, in walsall, where i worked. i would walk the short trip every lunchtime to hang around and check out the sounds. i remember one particular occasion where her promotional nous involved me balancing ( ney, juggling ) half a dozen copies of stanley mitchell in various positions, even wedged in the collar of my tee-shirt, and then posing outside the shop for a photograph!!.....fun and mischief would always abound.

the shops became the hub of relationships...many lifelong friendships were forged there, and helen was the centrefugal driving force, be it or be it not her intention.

as i stated recently, helen was THE FIRST LADY OF NORTHERN SOUL and, it is a testimony to her sincereity, her warmth, her devotion and most importantly...her humanity, that WE as followers of the scene, pay homage to her...every step we took, every breath we made, she oversaw in her motherly way. god, in his infinite wisdom, has shone his light to guide the way to everlasting life...helen is amongst the stars...looking down on you, ian and all of us, letting us know how much we are all loved.

with deep affection & sincere regards,

rob.h

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Lovely words Bob, from a loyal, loving friend. Like you say our lifelong friendship has endured, and can only be interrupted, as I'm sure we'll all meet again one day and be together forever.

Your memories of Helen are sublime. I can add nothing. Your boundless enthusiasm has been a credit to you and has always been covetously admired by those around you, not least by me and Helen.

Deep thanks old friend.

XXX

Ian

Social source share

Ian, I spoke to you yesterday and told you I wouldn't be posting anything on a public forum, however I know in my heart that I have to.

I've known both you and Helen since the mid-seventies, although in the last 20 years since I got back into the scene again, our friendship grew to the point where you both classed me as "family", an honour I always felt was wonderful and warming. Helen told me on more than one occassion that I was like a brother to her, and Helen was indeed the sister I never had.

We would always meet up during the week and go to Pub quizzes (we even one once, although I think the music round helped on that, being 100% Motown that week!!)

When Ryan came along we would still go out, although alternately. One week I would go to the pub with you, whilst Helen stayed in, and the next week, I would go out with Helen. We had so much fun on those occasions, drinking a little to much and talking about everything and anything. Always laughing. I have always treasured these times.

I can remember one incident, when I brought Helen home after one of our mid week sessions. We sort of 'bounced in' the house, well past closing time, talking too loud, laughing at God knows what. I went into the lounge first and Helen followed, nearly tripping over a completely flat floor at the lounge doorway. Quick as a flash, she shouted out "That floors bent!!". It was a priceless comment, and within 5 seconds she had me sn*****ing and somehow thinking that the floor was indeed bent and you should do something about it. "It's not the floor, it's you, you're drunk", you said. "I'm NOT drunk, it's the floor, someone could fall over there". Wonderful !!

There is one other time that I remember vividly. In the late nineties, I was on the door at Bretby with Helen and both of us had to fight back a few local troublemakers through a nearly closed door. We managed to get the door closed and just fell about laughing, I think both of us had small bruises and a black eye that night. For years after we would often think of that night and although it should have been solemnity, we always ended up laughing about it.

Helen would always be there to help in anything she possibly could, either physical or emotional. On three seperate occasions she spend the best part of a day each time helping me paint my flat, swap out and fit a new carpet, and then a couple of weeks later pull apart a remove an old suite. We were stuck in a door frame for about three hours using bread knives to saw our way through a massive couch. I was all for giving up after ten minutes, but Helen wouldn't have any of that, so somehow, with the bread knives and a hammer, we finally freed it and got it out. If it hadn't been for Helen I would, to this day, still have the old carpet, the old couch, and the old paint.

She was also a great comfort to me when my Dad died 6 years ago. She was there for me then as countless other times.

I will miss Helen so much, and have been devastated by her passing. She was and always will be, the sister I never had.

You and Ryan are always in my thoughts, and my feelings go out to you both so much.

All my love

Mick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Mick, you know I can't add anything to that!

You've been our best and closest friend for several years now. I know how much you loved Helen and know you're there for me and Ryan now.

Thankyou for sharing and highlighting that wonderful, funny, human side of Helen.

Love you lots.

XXX

Ian

Social source share

Guest the raven

a lovely tribute to Helen..& a fitting reference at the end there to jackie edwards which i know was one of your top faves having been one of you & helens young disciples of soul . from the shop at walsall (where i brought my first emi-disc) to wolvo shop ( where i brought my first 12") & all the venues we followed you & helen ..gee i was even with you & helen when i first try an indian curry in walsall 70s..great memories and happy days ..our thoughts are with you & family at this time & we will be there to pay our respects ....all our love.. BERNIE & PAUL > willenhall < xxx

Social source share

Guest mimz2612

post-27392-0-43792700-1334507249_thumb.jPep, I was so sorry to hear about Helen, the word legend is bandied around too often, but she truly deserved this accolade. The Soul Scene has lost one of it's brightest stars, but this can hardly compare to the loss you and your family are feeling, I can only hope the amount of love and respect that Helen has generated,will give you some comfort at this unimaginably difficult time. Helen for your fabulous dancing, your amazing hair and your truly generous and loving personality we will never forget you. The Soul Scene may now be a little duller, but there is a new star shining brightly. RIP H x

Social source share

Hi Ian,

It is with great sadness that we write this

We were absolutely devastated to hear the sad news of Helen's passing. For so long Helen & you were the faces and kingpins of the soul scene in and around Wolverhampton and even farther a field, providing brilliant venues like, Bretby,The Black Horse, The Connaught,The Stewponey, Emerald Club to name just a few, and without you surely the scene would have disintegated and disappeared. Karen & I respected you both for your total commitment to providing successful soul nights for the enjoyment of the fraternity. I will always remember dancing alongside Helen to " I dont do this"" one of her many favourites and being mesmerised by her dancing. She was an Icon in our eyes and "what you saw was what you got" with Helen, and if you didn't like it "tough" .Thats what we admired & respected

Ian & Ryan please accept our heartfelt condolences at this very difficult time, Our thoughts are with you both

Brian & Karen Chidley xx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ian,

Can Nicky and I add our condolences to the very many that have already been expressed by your friends. I think that there were numerous people, too many to count, who benefited from Helen and your kindness over the years, and who took shelter under her wings at some time. I certainly had a lot to thank you both for on a particular occasion when we made a visit to the 100 club in the 80's. You both made sure that we were safe and, using your network of and contacts, got us all back to Wolverhampton. I'm not sure what the guy from the RAC made of his passengers that Sunday. I'll see you on the 26th. Call us at any time, day or night, if you just need to talk. Anytime. Love to you and Ryan. From Bod and Nicky.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi Pep

Our thoughts are with you at this sad time we remember Helen dancing the night away having a great time, roll back the carpets in heaven for the queen of soul

Thinking of you at this sad time

God bless and give you strength

Stinny & Gwynneth xxx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bernie & Paul,

Thankyou for your lovely thoughts and memories. We never sold EMIDISCS mind you (...shhh!). I think you sum up the amazing relationship we had with our shop friends... recommend a few sounds, sell a couple, then off for a pint or curry at 6pm with you all. Wouldn't happen at HMV that's for sure. You also bring back a poignant yet happy memory of the late Bryn Lane. A lovely, modest lad who's only vice was super-hot tindaloo curry. Watching the steam coming out of his ears had us all in stitches. A fond and often recalled memory of ours... of a gentle boy taken so very young. Gone but not forgotten.

Thankyou for holding onto those memories of my beautiful girl.

XXX

Pep

PS. Something a bit more cryptic just for you Bernie... "...are you gonna believe what I tell you, or are you gonna believe what you see..."?

Social source share

post-27392-0-43792700-1334507249_thumb.jPep, I was so sorry to hear about Helen, the word legend is bandied around too often, but she truly deserved this accolade. The Soul Scene has lost one of it's brightest stars, but this can hardly compare to the loss you and your family are feeling, I can only hope the amount of love and respect that Helen has generated,will give you some comfort at this unimaginably difficult time. Helen for your fabulous dancing, your amazing hair and your truly generous and loving personality we will never forget you. The Soul Scene may now be a little duller, but there is a new star shining brightly. RIP H x

Thankyou for fond thoughts and memories of my beloved Helen. Love and appreciation.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

Hi Ian,

It is with great sadness that we write this

We were absolutely devastated to hear the sad news of Helen's passing. For so long Helen & you were the faces and kingpins of the soul scene in and around Wolverhampton and even farther a field, providing brilliant venues like, Bretby,The Black Horse, The Connaught,The Stewponey, Emerald Club to name just a few, and without you surely the scene would have disintegated and disappeared. Karen & I respected you both for your total commitment to providing successful soul nights for the enjoyment of the fraternity. I will always remember dancing alongside Helen to " I dont do this"" one of her many favourites and being mesmerised by her dancing. She was an Icon in our eyes and "what you saw was what you got" with Helen, and if you didn't like it "tough" .Thats what we admired & respected

Ian & Ryan please accept our heartfelt condolences at this very difficult time, Our thoughts are with you both

Brian & Karen Chidley xx

Brian & Karen,

Lovely to hear from you both. Thankyou for your sentiments and appreciation. Words like that are reward enough for our efforts, which would have come to nothing without like-minded die hard soulies like yourselves. Love you both. Thanks again.

XXX

Ian

PS. Thanks for reminding me of Sidney Joe - she loved that too. I can see her dancing to it now. My eyes are glazing up.

I still can't believe what has happened. Someone please wake me up.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ian,

Can Nicky and I add our condolences to the very many that have already been expressed by your friends. I think that there were numerous people, too many to count, who benefited from Helen and your kindness over the years, and who took shelter under her wings at some time. I certainly had a lot to thank you both for on a particular occasion when we made a visit to the 100 club in the 80's. You both made sure that we were safe and, using your network of and contacts, got us all back to Wolverhampton. I'm not sure what the guy from the RAC made of his passengers that Sunday. I'll see you on the 26th. Call us at any time, day or night, if you just need to talk. Anytime. Love to you and Ryan. From Bod and Nicky.

Bod, Nicky,

Helen would never see anyone stranded. She always put others first; thoughtful and considerate to the end. Bless her.

That 100 Club trip (note my choice of word) was another mad night. Totally nuts! I'll need to get indemnity from Paul (Harpin) before sharing, mind you. It was so funny - you couldn't make it up. We have laughed about it often. Brilliant.

Thankyou for thinking, reminding, loving.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

Hi Pep

Our thoughts are with you at this sad time we remember Helen dancing the night away having a great time, roll back the carpets in heaven for the queen of soul

Thinking of you at this sad time

God bless and give you strength

Stinny & Gwynneth xxx

Thankyou Stinny, Gwynneth.

Thanks too for being there with us, Esher, Beggsy and others in 1986 - refusing point blank to lock our record boxes. Keeping on keeping on when most had called time. Thankyou also for some great nights at the Thorn in Rugely. Good times, great memories. Thank you yet again, now, for remembering Helen so fondly and vividly.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

Wonderful words well written, we go back a long way........ as I said in an earlier post had many a bollocking off Helen ( always deserved lol ). Keep your chin up mate, sure H is very proud of you ............... a wonderful lady , God bless .

Paddy and Mary Jennings.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Wonderful words well written, we go back a long way........ as I said in an earlier post had many a bollocking off Helen ( always deserved lol ). Keep your chin up mate, sure H is very proud of you ............... a wonderful lady , God bless .

Paddy and Mary Jennings.

Paddy, Mary,

Thankyou for your thoughts. She was a bit of a Marjorie Proops in her time... saved the odd marriage I'm sure.

"There's nothing else to say" (you know what I mean).

Love you lots,

XXX

Ian

Social source share

Pep;

Iv only just stumbled over this, you may not remember me but I was the brummy who came to your shop on Saturday mornings I well remember picking up the Tiffanies "Happiest Girl in the World" from you, Helen was always by your side and my heart goes out to you mate, she really was the happiest girl in the world and Im sure you had a lot to do with that.

Respect always

Brian Goucher

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest the raven

Bernie & Paul,

Thankyou for your lovely thoughts and memories. We never sold EMIDISCS mind you (...shhh!). I think you sum up the amazing relationship we had with our shop friends... recommend a few sounds, sell a couple, then off for a pint or curry at 6pm with you all. Wouldn't happen at HMV that's for sure. You also bring back a poignant yet happy memory of the late Bryn Lane. A lovely, modest lad who's only vice was super-hot tindaloo curry. Watching the steam coming out of his ears had us all in stitches. A fond and often recalled memory of ours... of a gentle boy taken so very young. Gone but not forgotten.

Thankyou for holding onto those memories of my beautiful girl.

XXX

Pep

PS. Something a bit more cryptic just for you Bernie... "...are you gonna believe what I tell you, or are you gonna believe what you see..."?

pep ..im leaving you notice / fidels how can i forget that .me n paul always on tha way to ur doos would put our heads together and say.. what we gonna get pep to play that we aint herd for ages ?..never thought u would still av that in ur box ..knocked us for 6 ;0)...xxx

Social source share

Pep;

Iv only just stumbled over this, you may not remember me but I was the brummy who came to your shop on Saturday mornings I well remember picking up the Tiffanies "Happiest Girl in the World" from you, Helen was always by your side and my heart goes out to you mate, she really was the happiest girl in the world and Im sure you had a lot to do with that.

Respect always

Brian Goucher

Brian,

Thankyou. I remember you well from those days... and thankyou for remembering that happiness you saw. I try only to remember her smiles.

Greatly appreciated.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

hi pep,long time no see,very very sad about helen my thoughts are with you

Thanks Bill. You and Dawn were always and often fondly remembered for your selfless service to those great old Motown stars we soulies love so much.

Greatly appreciated.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

pep ..im leaving you notice / fidels how can i forget that .me n paul always on tha way to ur doos would put our heads together and say.. what we gonna get pep to play that we aint herd for ages ?..never thought u would still av that in ur box ..knocked us for 6 ;0)...xxx

I always remember you for that. Always loved it - still have it - often play it. A great Cats' memory.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

Thankyou everyone for your kind words. I will endeavour to respond to all of them.

Similarly I will catch up on all the direct messages and notifications I have received asap.

I appreciate all those who have made me a friend and will be in tegular contact once my present commitments have eased.

Love you all.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

Having worked in the shop for many years I became very close to you both. We didn't part on the greatest of terms, however, both of you were a very big part of my life for many years, particularly those early years spent married to Tess, and I will treasure that time I spent with you very dearly. Helen was always your rock and I know you will miss her greatly. My heart goes out to you Ian please try and stay strong.

Tim Everett XX

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Thanks Tim.

We thought of you often after you left, with considerable regret at the way things ended. You were always a friend first and foremost, from our earliest meetings in our little shop. Thankyou for your support. You knew Helen better than most. Not many realise how strong and hard working she was. I'd be (and am) nothing without her.

Great to hear from you.

XXX

Ian

Social source share

Very moving Pep, well written, thinking of you mate!

Thanks Hippo, old mate.

I know you'll remember Helen well from those early Seventies jaunts you and the Glos/Chelt crew made to Wolvo. Keep the soul flag flying down your way. Much appreciated good friend.

XXX

Pep

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ian that was a moving read, we share your sorrow.

I had posted this on the original thread, but it is an endearing memory of a wonderful person.

I will always remember the night at Bretby when Helen was on the door taking the money, until I played "Eddie Parker - Body Chains". Helen came flying through the doors and onto the dance floor, it was one of her favourite records.

Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

RIP Helen, we will always have fond memories of you

Martyn & Carol xxx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ian that was a moving read, we share your sorrow.

I had posted this on the original thread, but it is an endearing memory of a wonderful person.

I will always remember the night at Bretby when Helen was on the door taking the money, until I played "Eddie Parker - Body Chains". Helen came flying through the doors and onto the dance floor, it was one of her favourite records.

Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

RIP Helen, we will always have fond memories of you

Martyn & Carol xxx

Thanks Martin, Carol.

I appreciate your special memories (...I wondered why we took nothing on the door that night).

Helen didn't care how rare a record was, if she liked it she was out there dancing - on her own sometimes, didn't matter to her. Liked all sorts: 60s, 70s, 90s, 00s. She liked what she liked and voted with her (dancing) feet. DJs who knew that were guaranteed one dancer, at the very least.

Great to hear from you. Thankyou for keeping such fond memories of her in your thoughts.

XXX

Ian

PS. I'll have to go through that earlier thread, put up so kindly for me just after she passed away.

Social source share

Guest Brian Fradgley

Thankyou Pete.

You have always been one of our best and most vivid memories of that late seventies, Wigan/Locarno era. Silly, clever and funny at the same time. I recall Helen's nursing skills being called into action more than once! Wonderful, happy memories.

I'm glad you met Helen in your early years on the scene. You are certainly one of the 'soul children' I refer to. It will be great to see the old Wombourne guys and gals again. Love you lots.

XXX

Ian

Social source share

Guest Brian Fradgley

Some people touch your life, others entwine themselves in it.Although in touch by telephone June and I haven't seen yourself, Helen, and Ryan for some time now but you have all been in our thoughts and hearts.

None moreso than at this time of your life when one of you has moved on.

We were friends long before Helen entered your life but since that time it has always been Pep and Helen, a unity.

I have watched Helen progress from one of the original soul rebels to a wonderfully loving and caring wife and mother.

One of the great things about her was that you always knew where you stood with Helen, whether it offended or pleased.

Most times she expressed a valid point and yoiu loved her the more for it.

We will miss her unique dance style and her bad language !!

Ian there will be a hole in the lives of both Ryan and yourself forever. But when things do get tough just remember that Helen is now, through her love, an even more integral part of you through memories exclusive and personal to both you and Ryan.

She always did watch you, why should she stop now ?

Thanks for some great memories Helen - "move on up"

Brian and June

Social source share

hi pep.

you probable dont know me as well as i know you,

i used to come with my wife to the counaught hotel soul nights.

helen allways made you feel wellcome and we allways had a brill

night.helen and yourself allways spoke to us,comming from telford

we never knew many people.

you used to ask me if i seen ian tyrer

i will allways remember helen as a lovely person.

take care.

stewart pitt.

Social source share

Some people touch your life, others entwine themselves in it.Although in touch by telephone June and I haven't seen yourself, Helen, and Ryan for some time now but you have all been in our thoughts and hearts.

None moreso than at this time of your life when one of you has moved on.

We were friends long before Helen entered your life but since that time it has always been Pep and Helen, a unity.

I have watched Helen progress from one of the original soul rebels to a wonderfully loving and caring wife and mother.

One of the great things about her was that you always knew where you stood with Helen, whether it offended or pleased.

Most times she expressed a valid point and yoiu loved her the more for it.

We will miss her unique dance style and her bad language !!

Ian there will be a hole in the lives of both Ryan and yourself forever. But when things do get tough just remember that Helen is now, through her love, an even more integral part of you through memories exclusive and personal to both you and Ryan.

She always did watch you, why should she stop now ?

Thanks for some great memories Helen - "move on up"

Brian and June

Thankyou Brian and June,

You have been with us through much of her illness and remain even more so now. Like you say she did have a tongue on her. You could even say she was ahead of her time in that respect too! It was all part of her down to earth nature - born of a working class, council estate background.

She would always stand up for me fiercely, even when I got it wrong, which was more often than I care to admit. It was kind of "us against the world" at times, and I loved her at my side, through thick and thin. I'm only half a man without her.

We go back a very long way and I look forward to continuing that great friendship, the lifelong friendship teenagers forge.

Thankyou for your enduring love and support for my Helen.

Love you both.

XXX

Ian & Ryan

Social source share

hi pep.

you probable dont know me as well as i know you,

i used to come with my wife to the counaught hotel soul nights.

helen allways made you feel wellcome and we allways had a brill

night.helen and yourself allways spoke to us,comming from telford

we never knew many people.

you used to ask me if i seen ian tyrer

i will allways remember helen as a lovely person.

take care.

stewart pitt.

Thankyou Stewart,

Helen especially went out of her way for people who came along, knowing no one. Thanks to her many people went home knowing many. She was the catalyst for lots of friend-groups, and loved being friends - with anyone and everyone.

Greatly appreciated.

XXX

Pep

PS. As you probably know Ian Tyrer, one our best friends from the 80s and 90s passed on last year. A terrible loss to me and Helen at the time.

Social source share

Guest sam22

deepest symphathy Ian & Ryan. On the sad loss of Helen. I met you and Helen through Max. We always had a good chin wag and a laugh. Thinking of you both.... sam the ram

Social source share

deepest symphathy Ian & Ryan. On the sad loss of Helen. I met you and Helen through Max. We always had a good chin wag and a laugh. Thinking of you both.... sam the ram

Thanks Sam.

Yes we had a laugh or two. I recall first meeting in Max's shop around 1972. Max.. that was a terrible, sad loss too.

XXX

Pep

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!