Silhouettes Lp On Goodway

I WOULD SAY ABOUT £150 FOR THE ALBUM, UNLESS.........

YOURE ALBUM IS STILL SHRINK WRAPPED (AS YOU SAY ITS MINT-)

IF THATS THE CASE THEN YOUR A LUCKY MAN AND YOU WOULD HAVE

THE BONUS FREE SINGLE INSIDE OF 'NOT ME BABY' WHICH WOULD BE

REAL HANDY COS THAT WOULD PROBABLY INCREASE THE VALUE BY

ABOUT £750 .....OH YES!!! :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Its been opened Hammie....so unfortunately the 45 is long gone, condition is gorgeous otherwise ......the M minus = opened LP........did well with the price though, about what i thought

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

think there was a 45 on here recently..something like £1300 :ohmy: ..lp gotta be worth £150 to £200

dave

i gave mr manship £350 for a ex copy...a few years ago though...let it go for £500

Social source share

There's a boot of the 45 too.

theres some old 70,s boots of not me baby on a plain off white label with no writing, also little eddie taylor, and the subway riders, all done at the same time, makes looking for them interesting as usually the original owner has scrawled the title on in felt tip

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Thats exceedingly good news Jim ....thanks for that :yes:

i was referring to the 45 dennis..hope i didn,t build your hopes up.

Social source share

When I was in New york about 6 years ago Bleeker street records had very little in their racks downstairs but tons in the basement rooms but alas no access - Steve Bouden goes in there a month later an gets a Not me baby 45 original for $1 - Talk about Lucky!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

What does the rest of the LP sound like besides the 45 tracks?

Would have to dig it out but from what I recall, one side features some of their 50s songs whereas the other side features new 60s recordings with one or two 'updated' versions of their own material (e.g. "get a job"). From a Northern Soul view "not me baby" is the only worthwhile track.

Social source share

Would have to dig it out but from what I recall, one side features some of their 50s songs whereas the other side features new 60s recordings with one or two 'updated' versions of their own material (e.g. "get a job"). From a Northern Soul view "not me baby" is the only worthwhile track.

thanks for the info I appreciate it

Social source share

thanks for the info I appreciate it

Here's the track list:

Side A: "Silhouettes - 1958" (credited original 1958 on the label)

Get a job

I am lonely

Rent man

Your love (is all I need)

Bing bong lover

Side B: "Silhouettes - 1968" (credited new - 1968 on the label)

Get a job

Not me baby

Gaucho serenade

Climb ev'ry mountain

We belong together

Haven't played side A never been into that 50s sound. Side B is pretty disappointing. New version of Get a job sounds like "can i get a witness" with different lyrics. Gaucho serenade is pretty cheesy and the lyrics are shite. climb every whatever is dull. We belong together is ok, good arrangement. Not me baby is a gem, period. Gives me goosebumps from just playing it

Social source share

Here's the track list:

Side A: "Silhouettes - 1958" (credited original 1958 on the label)

Get a job

I am lonely

Rent man

Your love (is all I need)

Bing bong lover

Side B: "Silhouettes - 1968" (credited new - 1968 on the label)

Get a job

Not me baby

Gaucho serenade

Climb ev'ry mountain

We belong together

Haven't played side A never been into that 50s sound. Side B is pretty disappointing. New version of Get a job sounds like "can i get a witness" with different lyrics. Gaucho serenade is pretty cheesy and the lyrics are shite. climb every whatever is dull. We belong together is ok, good arrangement. Not me baby is a gem, period. Gives me goosebumps from just playing it

ok thanks a lot. it seems like this was like an oldies cash in LP to people who remembered the silhouettes but didn't own anything and there wasn't anything in print. the fact that they had an actually good soul track seems like an anomaly.

Social source share

We Belong Together came out on Jamie as The New Silhouettes.

Now that is interesting, could throw the 45 in trades!

Hope things are good young man, I still owe you a phone call! I am climbing up the walls with inactivity at moment!!

Social source share

If you are thinking of selling Mr D, sure could come up with some trades, a free tea, a few pints and a Chinese Burn to knock the price down!

Old habits die hard on prices, you know me.

lol....its staying put for the mo Jock....but i do admire the time served let the vinyl go technique lol..... :D

Social source share

There was a guy who had a few sealed albums on ebay a while back and he stated that they did not have the single inside.

Social source share

• 7 years later...

I have the Silhouettes Album on it's way from the States unfortunately there is no single included. 

I was wondering how rare exactly is the single Not Me Baby have many original copies ever turned up... 

Social source share

4 hours ago, Steve Foran said:

Dont know how many but it is quality and I think it would be around £1200 to £1500 now.

Thanks Steve, I know Derek Mead has a copy and he told me it's a rare one to get on a 45, he suggested I concentrate on getting the LP instead. 

Social source share

Been plenty of copies of the 45 over the years but it is a keeper for those who have it or get it. Its no rarer than the Lp really as the 45 came with the Lp.  The Lp though is picking up demand as Djs realise it isn’t all ablut 45s and you can play Lps. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

7 hours ago, Bruv said:

I have the Silhouettes Album on it's way from the States unfortunately there is no single included. 

I was wondering how rare exactly is the single Not Me Baby have many original copies ever turned up... 

To me it seems odd,that both sides of the 45,are already on the album it came free with...was the album some kind of promo tool for the 45?   

Social source share

13 hours ago, MGM 1251 said:

To me it seems odd,that both sides of the 45,are already on the album it came free with...was the album some kind of promo tool for the 45?   

I know one thing, I will have a bloody good look to see if the single is still in that Album cover when it lands here! :wink:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Bruv said:

I know one thing, I will have a bloody good look to see if the single is still in that Album cover when it lands here! :wink:

The silouettes were a doo wop group and Not me baby was there attempt  at crossing over to soul music,hence the 45 being a promo freebie with the album. Chris.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Silhouettes Get A Job Album on Goodway arrive safe and sound from the States, owed me £90 in the end as I got hit with twenty quid import duty, no sign of the give away Not Me Baby single included unfortunately. Talking of which a copy of that single went through John Manships Auction last Wednesday Night 5th June 2019, Well over 50 Bids after going into 15 minutes extra time with people keen to bag it, ended on £1560 so I can live with getting stung 20 sheets on import duty. :wink: :hatsoff2: 

R-5230995-1484717194-7156.jpeg.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!