Photo Of The Majestics ?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I would love to of seen a pic of this group as below is one of my favourite oldies . There were many groups by the name Majestics.

They recorded the soul classic "(I Love Her So Much) It Hurts Me" b/w "Girl Of My Dreams" on Linda 121, both songs written by Arthur Robles, produced for Faro Productions and released in the fall of 1965. The same songs (minus the horn intro on "It Hurts Me") had a second release as by David and Ruben on Warner Bros 7316, this time listing production by Eddie Davis. A third release on Rampart in 1969 reused the original Linda stampers. David and Ruben were Art Robles' brothers. Their group was generally known as 'Art's Majestics'.

Interestingly, there was another release by the Majestics on Linda 111, "Strange World" / "Everything Is Going to Be All Right" (by Chick Carlton, produced by Bobby Gross), but this is on the blue Linda label, distributed by Scepter, NY in 1963. Supposedly, this was another band entirely, black, not Hispanic.

400112850180.jpg

Edited by 123-motown
Social source share

I would love to of seen a pic of this group as below is one of my favourite oldies . There were many groups by the name Majestics.

They recorded the soul classic "(I Love Her So Much) It Hurts Me" b/w "Girl Of My Dreams" on Linda 121, both songs written by Arthur Robles, produced for Faro Productions and released in the fall of 1965. The same songs (minus the horn intro on "It Hurts Me") had a second release as by David and Ruben on Warner Bros 7316, this time listing production by Eddie Davis. A third release on Rampart in 1969 reused the original Linda stampers. David and Ruben were Art Robles' brothers. Their group was generally known as 'Art's Majestics'.

Interestingly, there was another release by the Majestics on Linda 111, "Strange World" / "Everything Is Going to Be All Right" (by Chick Carlton, produced by Bobby Gross), but this is on the blue Linda label, distributed by Scepter, NY in 1963. Supposedly, this was another band entirely, black, not Hispanic.

400112850180.jpg

Nice scan of label...................here's photos I have...............

post-4408-0-89148800-1334647166_thumb.jp

post-4408-0-68499300-1334647174_thumb.jp

Social source share

David and Reuben were in a group called the Belaires at one stage. I'll have to dig the info out, it is in a book called LA Vocal Groups. There is no picture as far as I am aware in the book. The book is by Steve Propes. He has a radio show on the west coast and an expert on West Coast groups.

Social source share

a couple of posts below the grandson's post we have this little snippet of invaluable session data.

"David and Ruben played bass and Guitar on this single and¯»¿ did the vocals. The record was produced and arranged by Max Uballez. Some parts on the track were done in a follow up session by Max Uballez and The Romancers band. The Mariachi arrangement was done by Max Uballez. Using The Ralph Ventura Sr. Mariachi, Ralph Ventura Junior was the trumpet for the Romancers band. The Romancers were the studio band for Rampart/Linda/faro records."

Clearly a hispanic pedigree for this classic tune, but then again it's written all over it, innit? Makes me want to search out Max Uballez and the Romancers. :-)

Social source share

a couple of posts below the grandson's post we have this little snippet of invaluable session data.

"David and Ruben played bass and Guitar on this single and¯»¿ did the vocals. The record was produced and arranged by Max Uballez. Some parts on the track were done in a follow up session by Max Uballez and The Romancers band. The Mariachi arrangement was done by Max Uballez. Using The Ralph Ventura Sr. Mariachi, Ralph Ventura Junior was the trumpet for the Romancers band. The Romancers were the studio band for Rampart/Linda/faro records."

Clearly a hispanic pedigree for this classic tune, but then again it's written all over it, innit? Makes me want to search out Max Uballez and the Romancers. :-)

These guys maybe ?

post-4408-0-07523700-1334659237_thumb.jp

Social source share

These guys maybe ?

post-4408-0-07523700-1334659237_thumb.jp

This photo is "Chick Carlton & the Majestics" who recorded "So You Want To Rock / I Want To Be A TV Cowboy" on Faro (592)in 1959. That's Chick Carlton front middle who was one on the few non-hispanic artists on the Faro family of labels. The (Art Robles) Majestics on Linda were an unconnected group.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert