Jim G

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It took me quite a while to find a decent copy.

this song charted nationally.

on gemm there are multiple mint copies for ~$30 and I'd guess the only reason they aren't $5 is due to Harvey's popularity over the last few years, people probably bought up the $5 copies and sellers put up other copies for more. Harvey is a super cool guy, fun to hang out with too.

I've seen two different flyers from the late 60s with pics of harvey showing you how to do the get down, I'll see if I have a scan somewhere.

Social source share

this song charted nationally.

on gemm there are multiple mint copies for ~$30 and I'd guess the only reason they aren't $5 is due to Harvey's popularity over the last few years, people probably bought up the $5 copies and sellers put up other copies for more. Harvey is a super cool guy, fun to hang out with too.

I've seen two different flyers from the late 60s with pics of harvey showing you how to do the get down, I'll see if I have a scan somewhere.

Look forward to seeing them Bobba.

Social source share

Look forward to seeing them Bobba.

I don't understand. Are you asking me to type something into the gemm.com search for you and then highlight the prices and answers, take a screenshot, and post it here? Or maybe you are writing this just before you go to gemm.com and type in "harvey scales" in the search bar and hit "search" and then you're going to thank me after you see all the results? Probably the second.

Social source share

I don't understand. Are you asking me to type something into the gemm.com search for you and then highlight the prices and answers, take a screenshot, and post it here? Or maybe you are writing this just before you go to gemm.com and type in "harvey scales" in the search bar and hit "search" and then you're going to thank me after you see all the results? Probably the second.

I was refering to the flyers that you mentioned.

Social source share

ok, sorry for the dickish response, I thought you were saying there weren't copies for sale. I will dig up at least one of the flyers right now, hold on.

Not a problem Bobba. I should have been clearer with my reply. You are right, there are plenty of good copies for sale. When I got mine a few years ago I was on a tight budget and trying to get one of the cheaper copies, which is what took the time. Got one eventually though for just a few pounds.

Best regards, Dave.

Social source share

Not a problem Bobba. I should have been clearer with my reply. You are right, there are plenty of good copies for sale. When I got mine a few years ago I was on a tight budget and trying to get one of the cheaper copies, which is what took the time. Got one eventually though for just a few pounds.

Best regards, Dave.

No problem, misunderstandings are too easy on the internet. Thanks a lot for your more adult response than mine

Edited by boba
Social source share

Thanks for posting this Bob. Interesting to learn that he was in the Esquires.

He wasn't in any version of the group that recorded, by the time the Esquires did their hit "get on up", he had left long ago. I think he just mentions that song to identify who the esquires are.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert