Royal Mail - Problems

Anyone having problems with Royal mail at all?

Ive got 2 1st class recorded delivery items that have been in the system for over 10 days.

Put in the tracking number and it just says being processed.

Buyer on ebay has lodged a claim (Quite rightly) but Royal mails timescale for claiming is 15 working days which actually might be longer than Ebays system. In other words the buyer makes his claim which he gets then the royal mail get their finger out and deliver just before their deadline and im left high & dry.

Any advice

P.S Never had a recorded delivery go walkabout before - But Ive got 2 in the space of a 3-4 weeks

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Don't mention the Post Office.

We ceased having a sensible postal service in the Waltham Cross area some years ago.

Since then it's been at best erratic, some days we get deliveries some days we don't.

Registereds are delivered after deadline with times put on forms before deadlines etc.

The Management responsible for this debacle should be sacked for incompetence.

Social source share

ive been waiting since the 3rd for a couple of records, that say they were shipped then. daft thing is, i received two others that were shipped on the 6th last week, so somehow they overtook the others.

fingers crossed the postman will deliver tomorrow.

Social source share

I have a close mate who works for Royal Mail and he tells me that you may as well forget posting anything 2nd Class these days - something which I just kind of knew anyway so everything I send is automatically 1st Class and that seems to work OK. Ist class is obviously priority and if and when they clear the 1st Class stuff they get around to 2nd Class IF they're fully staffed and not trying to clear a backlog. Fact is they're almost never fully staffed and there's always a backlog so do the maths.....

Ian D :D

Social source share

I'm still waiting for a record from Germany to arrive, it's been over a month now and unfortunately the seller sent it unregistered. Is there any way of finding out if it ever got to this country and could be stuck in our postal system? I fear that a German postie threw it over a wall so he could get home early.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

I'm still waiting for a record from Germany to arrive, it's been over a month now and unfortunately the seller sent it unregistered. Is there any way of finding out if it ever got to this country and could be stuck in our postal system? I fear that a German postie threw it over a wall so he could get home early.

Jordi

we have the additional problem of heat, i had my frankie beverly thrown over the wall and it laid there two days before i found it in the bushes, all bushes have now been removed. this is a very common occurance, so i have most items sent sign for now. and dont get me started about the don gardner in 25 thoudsand pieces sadly that was sent to sign for but must have had a chuffing great aussie boot on it. but the tremendous and top record dealer in the world instantly refunded .......well done johnny manship. australian post are a complete joke and a world renowned bunch of w@nkers. i have issues everyweek, but the girls in the post office are tremendously helpfull so its mainly down to the post men......and we give the lazy buggers motorbikes, they dont even have to walk anywhere. complain and you take ages to get to speak to a customer service assisstant and thats it. maybe we should collect peoples adress when they holiday and swap them over, or do the postmen out of work and set up p/o boxes

Social source share

Quite often Royal Mail will just deliver recorded delivery items without bothering to get a signature, I've had a couple like that. The posties are under pressure to finish their rounds in a certain time so don't want to hang about for a householder to answer the door or fill in the card and have to return the parcel.

If that happens the item will still show as being processed because recorded delivery items are not tracked, just the posting and delivery is recorded.

Maybe that is the prob?

Social source share

Quite often Royal Mail will just deliver recorded delivery items without bothering to get a signature, I've had a couple like that. The posties are under pressure to finish their rounds in a certain time so don't want to hang about for a householder to answer the door or fill in the card and have to return the parcel.

If that happens the item will still show as being processed because recorded delivery items are not tracked, just the posting and delivery is recorded.

Maybe that is the prob?

If that's the case, can the receiver say the record was never received, because there is no signature, or a signature that's not theirs and claim compensation for an item that they say never arrived?

Social source share

Hi, posted over 500 packets in the last year and only one gone missing that to USA i find our 1st class postal service to be very good, next day delivery nearly everytime. it could be down to area sorting offices, I think its a bit harsh though claiming on ebay after only 10 days you have 45 days to claim, people only have to look at the sellers feedback to know hes genuine and its the postal service.

Social source share

spoke to my postman this morning, he told me he bought an lighter on ebay and it was sent recorded on the 2nd April but he still hasn't had it, but the good thing is he said he would look into mine for me.

i think i will give it 28 days before putting a claim in with paypal, as its from one of the usa's biggest sellers.

for me its not about the money, i just want the record, a refund is the last thing i want.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest VepT5

I didn't recieve 2 recorded deliveries earlier this year, I got the number from the seller, but the royal mail website just says "Being Processed".

I did get my money back from honest ebayers, but still pissed off cos I wanted the 45's.

On a similar note, a few years back I sent a decent priced 45 recorded and it went through ok, the website showed the correct named signature, then a few days later, the buyer started a series of emails, and denies it was their signature.

I couldn't get any info out of the Royal Mail as as far as they were concerned they had done their job ok.

What pissed me off most about that was it was someone on here who was sending me all the hate email saying that I had not sent it in the first place??

Social source share

If that's the case, can the receiver say the record was never received, because there is no signature, or a signature that's not theirs and claim compensation for an item that they say never arrived?

Yes they can, but you can claim for the value as the item has not been delivered, but you have to prove value. Can of worms really.

Social source share

Even special delivery isn't so special these days. I sent a package via special delivery this week and it took two days to arrive.

I also shipped 400 singles via TNT and the cost was less than £15.00 for overnight delivery from Middlesbrough to London. Royal Mail / Parcelforce had quoted £75.00 for the same job!

How can anyone continue to support Royal Mail ???

Social source share

Yes they can, but you can claim for the value as the item has not been delivered, but you have to prove value. Can of worms really.

I've heard that value is determined by purchase price, providing you've got a receipt.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert