Cleethorpes Weekender 1995 And 1996 Doris Troy And Tommy Hunt

20 years worth of sleevenotes is addling my brain.

Can anyone remember if Tommy and Doris just did the PAs in 1995 or did one or the other of them come back and do a show with a band in 1996? The programme for that year indicates we just had DJs but I'm sure at least one of those acts played Cleggy with a group behind them.

Help!?

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There's a homemade DVD called "Northern Soul on DVD vol. 2" which allegedly features Doris' gig at Cleethorpes in 1996. I think I'll have the DVD at home. Can check tonight if needed?

I compiled that but I never had footage of Doris Troy apart from on the Channel 4 program about Cleethorpes

Social source share

I compiled that but I never had footage of Doris Troy apart from on the Channel 4 program about Cleethorpes

Ok. When I googled for it I found this bit here: "3) Northern Soul On Dvd Volume 2 .... Channel 4 1996. Features The Cleethorpes Weekender And Doris Troy's Appearance There". Thought appearance meant the live gig there. Was I wrong?

Social source share

Ok. When I googled for it I found this bit here: "3) Northern Soul On Dvd Volume 2 .... Channel 4 1996. Features The Cleethorpes Weekender And Doris Troy's Appearance There". Thought appearance meant the live gig there. Was I wrong?

Great, now I remember what happened, we were just going to have DJs but the Channel 4 documentary happening meant we brought her back up with her band.

Thanks

Ady

Social source share

No you were right but I thought you meant I'd put on the whole show, as taped from a video camera, like the Ray Pollard ones for instance.

Social source share

No you were right but I thought you meant I'd put on the whole show, as taped from a video camera, like the Ray Pollard ones for instance.

One day Pete I'mm going to find that tape and let you have the whole thing. I remember filming both Ray's performance at the 100 club and then at Cleethorpes, and very well done it was too if I might add. I amnaged to stay upright and steady for 99% of the performance but remember getting a bit ratted with Raynoma afterwards !!!! Think Mr Rix will back me up on that

Steve

Social source share

One day Pete I'mm going to find that tape and let you have the whole thing. I remember filming both Ray's performance at the 100 club and then at Cleethorpes, and very well done it was too if I might add. I amnaged to stay upright and steady for 99% of the performance but remember getting a bit ratted with Raynoma afterwards !!!! Think Mr Rix will back me up on that

Steve

Steve, I have the 100 club show - and Yarmouth - but not Cleethorpes. Would love to see that!

Social source share

Steve, I have the 100 club show - and Yarmouth - but not Cleethorpes. Would love to see that!

Sorry my mistake, it was Yarmouth... but you don't have the whole thing. I gave an edited version to John Manship which is where I presume the copy you put out came from, but nobody has ever seen the whole thing except yours truly. I'll try and dig it out along with the interview tapes that I'm looking for with regard to Chalky putting up.

Steve

Social source share

Sorry my mistake, it was Yarmouth... but you don't have the whole thing. I gave an edited version to John Manship which is where I presume the copy you put out came from, but nobody has ever seen the whole thing except yours truly. I'll try and dig it out along with the interview tapes that I'm looking for with regard to Chalky putting up.

Steve

Can't remember where it came from Steve it's that long ago but you are probably right - did you record all the artists? Lorraine Chandler etc?

Social source share

name='Pete S' timestamp='1334850789' post='1735231']

Can't remember where it came from Steve it's that long ago but you are probably right - did you record all the artists? Lorraine Chandler etc?

Recorded most of the Lorraine and Eddie shows but obviously concentrated on Ray Pollard at the time. God knows where the tapes are but I'll go a digging. Maybe Pete you could let Chalky have a look at the edited version you have or maybe Andy Rix will be able to lay his hands on the copy I ran off for him as we went to both the 100Club and Yarmouth together as it was Andy that instigated Ray's visit to the UK.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!