Is This Record Worth £1000, Go And Find It

Pete S

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

I didn't know what the fuss was about years ago and still don't its pretty poor record, one side he sounds like he can't sing, the other just slightly better

Exactly what I said a few days ago ...  talk about navel gazing!  It's rare because it's sh*te! ... no one wanted it or bought it - apparently a vanity project ... so probably not many pressed and those that were probably 'gifted'to friends and family.  There's one for sale on Discogs for £2k from US ... I bet the seller is rubbing his hands at the thought of some mug (in UK?) paying £2k for it!  I think Robbk said he turned down the chance of buying it for 25 cents!  That just about sums it up!

Social source share

There's some speculation above on this thread about Chess getting cold feet about the marketing possibilities for a record by an artist with a Jewish-sounding name and thus removing his full name from the label. That makes zero sense, as they ended up inserting the word "Yiddish" as part of his nickname....

"Only Girl I Had" is very far from soul to my ears. I've always thought it sounded like a Richard Hell & the Voidoids outtake. "In New York City" is decent outsider R&B.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!