The Next Generation Of Promoting?

As we all know, technology has boomed in the last two decades, and with the developments of social media/network sites, file streaming sites like youtube, it seems online publication of music has been wrapped up in this.

I find that online promotion can be a very powerful thing, when combined with the 'bread and butter' stuff.......flyers, word of mouth, radio, newspaper etc.

But recently I've noticed a rapid rise in sound/podcast posting. I'm sure you know what I'm on about; mixcloud, sound cast etc.

I actually really like them.

It's an opportunity for a promoter to give insight into a night, a budding DJ to showcase their stuff to potential promoters, or just for a collector to share their insight into soul music without it just being a list of titles on a piece of paper......something for the ears!!

I just have a few questions on this whole recording / uploading subject........

What's the best way to record stuff on your set up at home?

How can you record stuff 'live' from your venue set up to share at a later date?

Of all the software to upload a musical podcast, which is the best, any capacity restrictions etc?

What are people's views on it? Good, bad, ugly

Apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong place, please move if so. I'm keen to hear people's views.

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The easiest way rot record to your laptop is from the headphone socket on your system to the line in on your laptop/pc soundcard. You an record your podcast this way then upload to a site that caters for podcasts, pod bean etc or to a sound cloud or mix cloud page which is probably your best option as it might work out cheaper if doing a few.

Plenty of free and cheap software, keep it simple until you are familiar with what you are doing.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!