Bobby Sansom "don't Leave"

Stefan

Hi,

I come just bought my copy of Bobby Sansom "Don't Leave" on Sublime and I need more info about this record. I don't find so much about him, just that It's a "blue-eye" soul group maybe from L.A ?

Any addition to this info will be welcome and so much appreciated ...

Cheers

Stefan.

Edited by Stefan
Social source share

Hi,

I come just bought my copy of Bobby Sansom "Don't Leave" on Sublime and I need more info about this record. I don't find so much about him, just that It's a "blue-eye" soul group maybe from L.A ?

Any addition to this info will be welcome and so much appreciated ...

Cheers

Stefan.

Bobby Sansom is from the UK actually and moved to California (I think bay area, not la). He has (or at least had) a webpage, he does some sort of wedding singing now or something. Apparently Sly Stone really liked the record and started playing it on the radio and totally dropped it when he found out Bobby was White.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

So many thanks Boba. What a great information and pics of him and his group !

"Apparently Sly Stone really liked the record and started playing it on the radio and totally dropped it when he found out Bobby was White." :huh:

It's for me, one of the best male soul harmony that I've heard ... The Quality don't have skin colors ...

Social source share

Good morning Boba

Very interesting info re Bobby Sansom...defo wasnt aware he was from the uk ? Do you have any info on the group The Main Events who did a version of Dont Leave????

ktf tfk :rofl:

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Yeah, Bobby was from Brighton. A few more pics of him on the Brighton Beat site

https://www.brightonbeat.com/musicians/bobby_sansom.htm

https://www.brightonbeat.com/giants/giants.htm

I emailed him back in 2009 to ask if he was in fact the same Bobby Sansom and got this back ---

Hi Dave,Yep, I'm the guy....no....never been asked that before.I dropped Bobby to plain ol' Bob......Still singing for a living too !

Glad you seem to like "Don't leave"....it got to #5 on the San Fran charts. Thanks for the interest.Cheers,Bob (US)

This is him in a Brighton nightclub

Social source share

Good morning Boba

Very interesting info re Bobby Sansom...defo wasnt aware he was from the uk ? Do you have any info on the group The Main Events who did a version of Dont Leave????

ktf tfk :rofl:

The main events were a (Black) group from LA. They had one record but it was released on three labels. Here is the info:

MAIN EVENTS, THE

Freddie Sprewell, Arthur Sprewell, Dolph McClellan, Bailey James, Mack

Givens. Arthur Sprewell and Mack Givens were formerly of the R&B group

The Chants on Nite Owl, who became The Gallahads on Beechwood, and

also of the Soul group The Ex-Cel Five on Enith.**

Golden Bird 501 Girl, I Want You To Remember / Don't Leave (71)

Miracle Mile G.B.501 Girl, I Want You To Remember / Don't Leave (71)

UA 50810 Girl, I Want You To Remember / Don't Leave (7/71)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The main events were a (Black) group from LA. They had one record but it was released on three labels. Here is the info:

MAIN EVENTS, THE

Freddie Sprewell, Arthur Sprewell, Dolph McClellan, Bailey James, Mack

Givens. Arthur Sprewell and Mack Givens were formerly of the R&B group

The Chants on Nite Owl, who became The Gallahads on Beechwood, and

also of the Soul group The Ex-Cel Five on Enith.**

Golden Bird 501 Girl, I Want You To Remember / Don't Leave (71)

Miracle Mile G.B.501 Girl, I Want You To Remember / Don't Leave (71)

UA 50810 Girl, I Want You To Remember / Don't Leave (7/71)

Wow am glad i asked. regarding The Main Events...... fascinating stuff.re the way the groups evolved

i always did prefer this group version of "Dont Leave" but could never find much info about it .apart from the info on the label -i have the Miracle Mile and dh have a spare UA Demo there must have been a lot of interest in L.A with this record with it getting 3 releases in the same year????'

thanks again Boba

best

tfk :rofl:

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!