Soul Stepping Stone

Guest Richard Bergman

Guest Richard Bergman

How many performers can you think of who have flirted with soul music ...ie member of band / producer etc but have achieved much greater success in another field ......

At the time of writing I can only think of :

Richard Pryor

Bill Cosby

Cassius Clay

Rosey Grier

Surely there are many more.......

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

How many performers can you think of who have flirted with soul music ...ie member of band / producer etc but have achieved much greater sucsess in another field ......

At the time of writing I can only think of :

Richard Pryor

Bill Cosby

Cassius Clay

Surely there are many more.......

JOE FRAZIER? LULU (JUST KIDDING) Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Was Joe Frazier the same guy who recorded FRK?

I think they used to play an instrumental at Cleethorpes recorded by David Macallum, one of the actors in 'Man from uncle'.

Ed

David Mcallum recorded for Staeside if memory seves me correct.....

Social source share

David Mcallam,soul music! first i knew,and i`ve had two of his albums(autographed),if waving a batton does it?,you can count a thousand instumental acts that cut it,C Stapleton etc.....

fot me it as to that famous actress,who`s name escape`s me :D ,her that did micky.......still one of the best records ever made,that`s "Breakaway" that is...not micky! beer.gif

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

David Mcallam,soul music! first i knew,and i`ve had two of his albums(autographed),if waving a batton does it?,you can count a thousand instumental acts that cut it,C Stapleton etc.....

fot me it as to that famous actress,who`s name escape`s me :D ,her that did micky.......still one of the best records ever made,that`s "Breakaway" that is...not micky! beer.gif

Toni Basil ?

Social source share

Searling told me a story about Will Collins (and Willpower) about when he used to drive a bakers van around New York before cutting Anything I Can Do.

(After hearing the story Dave Malloy wanted to drive a Warbutons van around Bolton) huh.gif

Edited by ZTSC
Social source share

I remember watching a Richard Burton film "Bluebeard" many Years ago, not one of his best, I must say, but there was a fairly "racy" scene with the supporting Actress which made the thing watchable, late at night, anyhow it turns out to be .... Joey Heatherton, now she's a game Girl!!

Des

Social source share

ive got an old jazz f.m tape going in the car at the moment,on that searling says he was a postman..

I've also got taped "evidence" re the bakers van story .

Do you think Richards just a lying bastard or what.? :)

Hey to think I believed everything the guy ever told me.

Social source share

ive got an old jazz f.m tape going in the car at the moment,on that searling says he was a postman..

Was Searling really a postman ?

So that's where all the rare stuff came from, Lancashire soulies ordering from John Anderson and knicked by tricky dicky during the post round.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!